• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Getting off Percocet and hydrocodone

Down-the-rabbit-hole

Greenlighter
Hi everyone just found this site through Reddit. Warning- long post
I have been using opiates since I was around 11. My step father fed me hydros, Percocet and eventually up to 2 30 mg IR morphine plus 1 60 mg ER morphine a day up until he died in 2016. I went cold turkey once his last script ran out. It was the worst experience ever.
Since then I was clean for about a year. In 2017 I started using hydrocodone 10 mg and oxycodone 10 mg. I’d get about 20 of 1 every 2 weeks and the. 20 of the other the next 2 weeks.
During the pandemic I’ve gotten myself up to 9-11 every day. 5 in the morning and the rest spaced out during the day.
I decided I can’t do this anymore so I have been tapering. I had 5 oxycodone 10mg spaced out yesterday. I’ve had 2 10 mg hydrocodone and 1 10 mg oxycodone today.
I’m using low dose kratom, weed, Xanax, hydroxizine, cbd oil and have access to lyrica (was previously prescribed) and gaba, and a few meloxicams.
Welcome to any advice. Trying to minimize WD symptoms and get myself under control again. Thanks for reading.

Hi everyone just found this site through Reddit. Warning- long post
I have been using opiates since I was around 11. My step father fed me hydros, Percocet and eventually up to 2 30 mg IR morphine plus 1 60 mg ER morphine a day up until he died in 2016. I went cold turkey once his last script ran out. It was the worst experience ever.
Since then I was clean for about a year. In 2017 I started using hydrocodone 10 mg and oxycodone 10 mg. I’d get about 20 of 1 every 2 weeks and the. 20 of the other the next 2 weeks.
During the pandemic I’ve gotten myself up to 9-11 every day. 5 in the morning and the rest spaced out during the day.
I decided I can’t do this anymore so I have been tapering. I had 5 oxycodone 10mg spaced out yesterday. I’ve had 2 10 mg hydrocodone and 1 10 mg oxycodone today.
I’m using low dose kratom, weed, Xanax, hydroxizine, cbd oil and have access to lyrica (was previously prescribed) and gaba, and a few meloxicams.
Welcome to any advice. Trying to minimize WD symptoms and get myself under control again. Thanks for reading.
How's How's kratom working for you? I've been trying to quit heroin, I've been reading kratom works and that it doesn't work..but once I have a day off I'm going to try it and see, I would say make sure you have plenty of weed that usually helps me with wds but this time it just seems to give me crazy anxiety and I have no idea why

My take:
Leave the benzos alone. Kratom can help if it "works" for you; some it it does not
The pregabalin (lyrica) may be the best option. Never tried it for withdrawals but have read many accounts from serious users that this can remediate most all discomfort from opioid WDs.
Weed will drive me nuts during opioid withdrawals. Anxiety goes through the roof. Some strains are effective but to find that strain can be quite difficult and leaves me with several bags and 100s of dollars down.
Other than all this rambling physical exertion, good eats and plenty of water can help a great deal.
Best of luck on your journey.
Peace

Last time i quit i found lyrica almost took everything away but only for a short time. Clonidine is good if you can get it. Only use benzos for sleep because they are highly addictive . Time is the only thing that works, just keep reminding yourself that this is temporary and will be gone in a few days. Showers and walks help, anything to occupy your mind .
I hate speaking ill of the dead but your dad was an a-hole

Just noticed.
Welcome to bluelight. Keep us posted or create a journal?
See ya

:cheer:<3

Just noticed.
Welcome to bluelight. Keep us posted or create a journal?
See ya

:cheer:<3

Hey buddy! Sorry to hear you're going through some tough shit. The good news is, you're in the right place for your particular shade of bullshit. Now, @6am-64-14m has stated, making this into a journal-type of experience is a great idea. I think, as you're probably finding already, the possiblities, questions and uncerainty can be quite daunting and in many instances, severely discouraging. My ma always said, if you'e got shit you gotta do, take that first step. You'e only gotta take the first step, not finish the whole race at once.

We are happy to do this piecemeal with you though. I'm exceptionally proud to say that you will not be our first nor our last withdrawal case. This is our bread and butter and we're happy to help anyone who is willing to try to make a positive change in their lives. That's not to say drug use is absolutely, inherently negative, but at this point in your life specifically, they are tending more to the negative than the positive.

You have a lot of very useful drugs in your possession and this is where you should start. First off, I would make the taper from your Opioids last no more than 3-4 days at most. I'm not saying it can't be longer, but the practical use of making it longer is really not there. It doesn't have to be too complicated, just break your dosage down in to reasonable fractions until you're taking a minute amound by day 3-4.

If you're asking for my personal advice, these are the most important drugs in your arsenal:

Cannabis/Marijuana - What can I say. Marijuanaa is a modern day panacea. It helps with mental problems, physical problems, menstruation - even my dog Luna likes to get high from time to time. It will help with insomnia, anxiety and whatever gastrointestinal ailments might present during your withdrawal.

Pregabalin (Lyrica) - Gabapentinoids are awesome for withdrawal. Pregabalin is one such Gabapentinoid. I find that they are great for mitigating restless legs/akathisia or in other words, the general feeling of restlessness associated with the withdrawal. You can take up to 600mg per day. 3 divided doses are the most effective regimen. You might find you need more at night or more in the morning to get you going. Either way, don't exceed the 600mg in a day.

Tolerance happens very quickly with Gabapentinoids. You can easily lose all efficacy from these drugs in a matter of days. They are extremely helpful if used in the right way, just don't overdo or you will find yourself without their positive benefit.

As far as the sedative go like Alprazolam (Xanax), there's no reason to advise against their use outside of reasonable dosages. Whatever helps get you through the process is fine. The most obvious, blatant advice here, is not to end up trading one drug for another. The withdrawal process is not days-long, it is a longer process of which the first few days are only the most severe. You need to use all of these things strategically.

Once you are through the most severe phase of withdrawal, you will need to get through the much more mild, but protracted "Post-Acute Withdrawal Syndrome". You're not a hardcore Heroin user, but you're no newbie either. You can expect a couple of weeks of bullshit like insomnia and anxiety, but after that, you are through the woods.

At any rate, take that first step, let us know how everything is going and we will be here to help you the entire way. Feel free to message me :)

The kratom seems to be helping quite a bit. At this point I’m still tapering. I take the capsules so I’ll take 4 in the morning and about an hour later I’ll take my low dose of opiate. Then I’ll boost with 2-3 more kratom pills every 3-4 hours. I definitely recommend giving it a try. I’m down to 3-4 hydrocodone 10 mg a day from up to 12 of those or oxycodone per day. I definitely recommend the weed. I also have terrible anxiety and I recommend getting some emergency benzos if possible for that. Wishing you the best of luck friend!
How's How's kratom working for you? I've been trying to quit heroin, I've been reading kratom works and that it doesn't work..but once I have a day off I'm going to try it and see, I would say make sure you have plenty of weed that usually helps me with wds but this time it just seems to give me crazy anxiety and I have no idea wh

Last time i quit i found lyrica almost took everything away but only for a short time. Clonidine is good if you can get it. Only use benzos for sleep because they are highly addictive . Time is the only thing that works, just keep reminding yourself that this is temporary and will be gone in a few days. Showers and walks help, anything to occupy your mind .
I hate speaking ill of the dead but your dad was an a-hole
Thank you! Yes he definitely was a terrible person 🤦‍♀️

Yea last time I quit weed helped alot...it helped alot every time I went thru w/d lol. but for some reason when I smoke while I'm going thru w/d my anxiety is crazy even right now I smoked half a blunt and I'm only doing as much as I need to so I'm not sick for work and my anxiety is crazy right now....

But Sunday I'm off work and I'm just going to cold turkey it and I'm just going to see how I do if I can get thru the first day I'm usually good.

I got some gabapentin wich from what I read will help with rls so maybe I can get some rest and I got these kratom red view bali that I'll use if I have to and I'll pick up again as a last resort if I have to but at the very least I'm going to try to last as long as I can so I can at least taper off a bit