• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Guide to Antibiotics and MDMA

I honestly think its ok. The problem is azithromycin gets lumped in with other similar drugs like clarithromycin or erythromycin, both of which are rather strong inhibitors of the metabolism of other drugs, when it itself does not. Why did the other sites say not to take the two together?
I dont know.. He just stated that dopamine enhancers or some other professional word but i know he mentioned dopamine, shouldnt be taken with azithromycin. Yet i think i would be fine since more than a week will pass and half life of azithromycin is 68h. So basically after 150h only like 3% of azithromycin will stay in the body. Not to mention that i sweat a lot and i workout every day and drink at least 3l of liquid every day..

I've seen a couple of people post about Ofloxacin nobody has said they've actually tried it, any ideas if it i safe?

im currently on oxytetracycline (500mg a day). is mdma a bad mix with this antibiotic?

Im presently taking 14 protrin df 160-800 mg and i want to fo molly tonight . i just finished 20 act clarithromycin yesterday. Is it dangerous?

My, this thread has had a long life!

Anyway... 2D6 appears to be the main enzyme that breaks down MDMA in the liver. That MDMA is also broken down by, say, 3A4 (and that 3A4 is inhibited by various common antibiotics) doesn't leap out at me as a major risk simply because 3A4 seems to be a relatively minor contributor to MDMA breakdown. So, even if you inhibit it, your body will mostly be breaking down MDMA just as it normally would. A medication that strongly inhibited 2D6 would be a much larger cause for concern.

THAT BEING SAID...

If you are on an antibiotic, your doctor thinks you either have an infection, or are at higher risk for an infection for some reason (such as a recent surgery.) A night of partying on MDMA is definitely not good for your immune system, and (under those circumstances) could lead to either a new infection or a worsening of your current infection.

For that reason, I advise against the use of MDMA while on antibiotics. Relax. Life is long and strange, and you can always indulge another time.

Swims rolling on .5 Molly rn and taking keflex and Bactrim and he's been nauseas for like 3 hours not recommended

ANY antibiotic or antifungal that inhibits CYP3A4, CYP2D6, CYP2D19, and a few others can cause a significant decrease in MDMA metabolism

This results in what is known as:

A higher area under the curve

in common terms -- the level of MDMA in your blood gets higher than normal and lasts longer than normal -- which can make you roll your ass off -- or puke your guts up and feel like shit for days

Swims rolling on .5 Molly rn and taking keflex and Bactrim and he's been nauseas for like 3 hours not recommended

So you took 500 mg of something (but you are not really sure what) and taking antibiotics -- and you're nauseous

No shit

Hi everyone, just came to ask this. I just finished a 5 day course of amoxicillin (500mg, three times per day) yesterday morning at 10am. Am I alright to roll tonight?

I took 200mg Trimethoprim (for a UTI) and my normal dose MDMA (100 then 50mg) and was fine.

Hi I'm wondering the same thing, I finish the 5 day course of amoxicillin/ clavulanic acid 500/125 on Friday 1:50AM and want to drop on the Saturday around 11pm-12am. So I'll have just finished the antibiotic course and given myself just under two days before consuming MDMA.
@fothermucker did you end up taking MDMA and what were the results

Will be highly grateful for anyone's response!!

Hello, my friend was wondering if its safe to take mdma 2-3 days after a 3 day azithromycin prescription. I've took only 1 this far so should i stop if i want to roll or is it fine after 3 days if i take all the 3 ?

Hello, my friend was wondering if its safe to take mdma 2-3 days after a 3 day azithromycin prescription. I've took only 1 this far so should i stop if i want to roll or is it fine after 3 days if i take all the 3 ?

Please do not use "my friend" type posts, other than on the rare occasions that you're actually genuinely referring to one. It's strongly discouraged on all but a few drug forums because it looks silly and doesn't protect you. Not to be a dick, it's just a bit pointless - so other than that, welcome to bluelight. :)

Most of the answers will be found on page one of this thread. There is also discussion in the following posts.

The following antibiotics should be, theoretically, safe to combine with MDMA (note that these are NOT brand names, but rather the chemical names):

I know very little about antibiotics, so I have very little to add other than that.

Hi guys so I?ll be going to a festival soon but I was supposed to start doxy for acne! Will I be okay if I stop it the day before I roll and and then start it back up when I leave the festival? Or would it be In my system still when I roll and will it still effect the mdma?