• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Hand necrotic due to inteaarterial injection

Lorne???

Bluelight Crew
Well I am not sure where to post this so I will post it here

I have been injecting 💉 ppiods for over a decade and have never had trouble except getting a hit is almost impossible, so I mostly IM now except I am very thin so that is not the answer.

Anyway, weeks ago I did a shot and seconds later, extreme pain in my right hand. After that, the hand turned red and my hand became swollen, and I got to where I could no longer move the thumb.

Note that before this I had weakness in that t humb(unable to strike a lighter)

So now the left side of my right hand is necrotic, and I am in CONSTANT PAIN. I am trying to contact a surgeon. This started three weeks ago, I have been on 3 different antibiotics, and the tissue death has only spread. They tried linezolid, as a last resort to save the thumb, yet it failed.

The 3rd dr I saw said an artery could be blocked, though the reaction is extreme. Dies anyone know about this? I am happy to post pictures if someone gad heard of this

To everyone, I say, be careful

(And mods, feel free to olive this, I came here because this is my forum

I am American, in a Red State (Georgia) where Healthcare is limited

I go to a GP tomorrow for (surely) Klonopin, as I am currently in WD and out of pain medicine, then to a surgeon

It is horrific. Accidently pur a bandage with tape, and it ripped some skin off

Here, this I s basically what I am going through:

It took 3 Doctors to figure this out, and before he did, the 2nd Dr who was there the 3rd time I went ) threw me out like this (and with my pulse steady at 120-130 beats a minute) literally threw me out of the hospital 🏥 at midnight, so I waited till shift change

Rhe 3rd doctor was horrified, sent the surgeon pictures and gave me a dose of Klonopin and a few Norco, and tried one last antibiotic to save the thumb. Did not work

I have suffered so my h and for a problem that is unforeseeable. I say, get insurance and be CAREFUL

This happened to a co-worker of mine just about a month ago. Fortunately he went to the hospital as soon as the swelling began. I don't know what all they did for him, but he was kept in the hospital for 3 days and then had to miss 2 weeks of work.

He's back at work now but has to work one-handed and keep his bandaged hand dry--- very hard to do in a kitchen.

So yeah, even if it's treated immediately it's a tough situation to be in. My heart goes out to you, Lorne. ❤