• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol Hand Sanitiser Consumption

Not a good idea. Glad to see that this was posted back in May, as some hand sanitizers have DENATURED ethanol. This means that it contains additives that may be toxic, and they may or may not tell you that. Because they don't expect or plan for the possibility of people drinking it. Be very wary of anything with a do not ingest sort of label lol.
"DENATURED" alcohol doesn't mean shot when you're desperate.

I'm a recovering heroin/alcohol/anything you got addict... Now a days i just drink. But as of now im stuck in a mental institution where i can't get any real alcohol. But ive been drinking the hand sanitizer from time to time(just dilute it with water) and almost every time i drank it, i end up in the hospital waking up with IVs in my arm and shit. (90% of the time)

I dont know whats in it besides the fact that it has "alcohol" and it does the trick - very quickly. I usually drink it when im stressed out or going thru bad anxiety(they took away my Ativan after 1 30 day bottle)

1 day i woke up and i felt like I was gonna die, literally. I was puking my guts out and my body seemed to be rejecting the hand sanitizer(no shit!) And ill never forget thst feeling i felt... So now a days im weary about drinking the stuff.

My advice - dont drink it!
Can you get someone to covertly bring actual liquor to you?

OP if you need something to tickle your gaba receptors that you can order online and that gives a controllable high your folks wont notice.. have you considered getting some phenibut? would be a hell of a lot better than hand sanitizer.

Last edited:
OP if you need something to tickle your gaba receptors that you can order online and that gives a controllable highy your folks wont notice.. have you considered getting some phenibut? would be a hell of a lot better than hand sanitizer.

I once drank a full bottle of Isopropyl... OP.. Don't ask why... Stupid desperate move... I'm in Perfect health tho... Anyway... This is best comment. Phenibut is Amazing!!