• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

⫸STICKY⫷ Hash Poll

Which is your favorite?

• Total voters
I gonna start making my own bubble hash from the trimmings of my latest harvest. Trying to hit the organic market as a lot of people/hippies my side wants all to be as organic as possible.

Plus another side note, I got myself some dreads yesterday :cool::D:LOL:

l love smoking bubble hash sandwiched between flower but its very harsh, is vaping much smoother?

Shatter or live resin. I'm not to big of a fan of crumble but I'll buy it. I normally don't see alot of non solvent hash like rosin or bubble . The last non solvent hash was dry sifted

280mo7r.jpg

I would get more often if it was around.
OMG. That pic is so beautiful it literally made my mouth water. I haven’t had gorgeous hash like that since the last time I was in the Netherlands a year ago. Thanks for making my morning and totally jealous. I hope you enjoyed that sexy blonde every bit as much as I’m envying you!

I had a gram of Moroccan that wasn't Morrocan Blonde...it was okay, but I remembered why I love hash way more than anything when I got my hands on some Afghan Dragon, had a gram too and I finished the Moroccan first, the Afghan Dragon was so strong yet so pleasant, it made snoozing away on a saturday morning as comfy as an opiate when I could still feel them (I'm on 120mg of generic oxycontin 60mg every 12h, followed at the pain clinic, monthly appointments etc. It's good they tolerate THC, I tell em it makes me space out my doses longer than 12 hours and it's not lie. Afghan hash is the best, damn.

A short pollinator run is the tastiest imo, bubble lacks terpenes, just straight up overpowering hash taste. Still better than the rest. I don't smoke kief, don't like any extract, including rosin. The high is just lacking something. So bubble?

Never making dry ice hash again, even the slightest shake and it's 50% broken up plant matter, disgusting. Ahh hash, it still sucks compared to buds.

Really like mixing a little bit of distillate and crumble or shatter together. The high and flavor reminds me allot of live resin.

A short pollinator run is the tastiest imo, bubble lacks terpenes, just straight up overpowering hash taste. Still better than the rest. I don't smoke kief, don't like any extract, including rosin. The high is just lacking something. So bubble?

Never making dry ice hash again, even the slightest shake and it's 50% broken up plant matter, disgusting. Ahh hash, it still sucks compared to buds.

BM is it really you? Where have you been all these years?

Lol, drug free for a while 8 yrs ago, still came back to cannabis, never came back to bl after losing my old email account and pw though. Good to see you man, you held out longer than I ever did, what's up with the new forum description though? =D

>Intelligent discussion of cannabis related topics MDMA, MDA and other empathogenic drugs

yea still here :) good to see you're alive, man!

I don't remember about the forum description :eek:

This will be a bit controversial but anyway:take bong resin and put it in a cup cover with acetone and swirl around letting all the goodness dissolve then tip thru a coffee filter repeat until no more color is dissolving in the acetone filter and evaporate.this leaves a super potent black oil.if u smoked tobacco with your pot it'll still be a bit gross but not as bad.maybe dissolving in a non polar and wash with dilute acid to remove tobacco products.if u smoked straight weed the resulting oil will be heavenly as the only thing in bong resin is basically CBD,THC and ash plus a bit of tar.doing these acetone washes removes the ash and mineral remnants in the resin.this smoked on foil is an intense hit. It is better than the ethanol extracted oil I've made and is better than the acid isomerized oil I've made as well.ive made bho but found it harsh to smoke on foil or in a glass ice pipe so can't compare potency wise.we don't have medical cannabis here so we don't get much shatter or dabs or distillate or whatever else there is.we also don't get hash here either (very rare) so any oil or hash
we get here is usually made in small amounts once or twice to satisfy a curiosity and that's it.the bong resin oil is the strongest I've ever had.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm a purist or just anal retentive, but to me, "hash" has to be mechanically seperated, pressed, trichomes, preferably aged in the sun.

I find there is quite a flavor difference between "raw" kief and a nice chunk of sun-aged hash. There was a study out there showing there is a specific terpene produced by the action of UV light on myrcene from Cannabis - hashishene, which presumably contributes to the unique flavor hash has.

Extracts - distillate, hash oil, "budder", shatter, wax, honey oil, whatever you wanna call it - are not "hash" in my book but rather "extracts" (I prefer it to what I view as the technically incorrect "hash oil" as many extracts are not sensu stricto an oil, their viscosity is more of that of a wax, or, er, rosin). They don't burn or handle quite the same as hash does and can be much more potent than hash.

Rosin is not mechanically seperated, but rather involves a phase change (solid->liquid) in the presence of heat and pressure, AFAIK? (kind of a new thing for me) So it's just solventless hash oil.

I guess the metric I would use is the presence of trichromes. Mechanically seperated hash (fingers, rub, kief, bubble hash) all should have plant structures still visible upon inspection with a microscope. Rosin, BHO, etc will not.

---

Also seperating THC-A is a dead fucking easy process. It's a carboxylic acid for fuckssake. US 20170008870 A1 says you basically just run a butane extraction on fresh weed and keep the butane dry-ice cold til THCA crystallizes out. It should be less soluble than THC (more polar). Or go fancy and try flash chromatography[ref]. (Not sure about pyridine tho)

It probably will just yield a mess if you attempt to form the sodium salt of THC-A. Maybe the calcium salt? I've purified a carboxylate or two by the ol' "soap scum trick" - form the Ca salt of the acid which is just plain insoluble in everything, then acidify later. Or maybe ion exchange resins would help too. Something weakly basic to bind the COOH.

Not sure why you'd want THCA as a psychoactive. It's inactive as a cannabinoid and is also unstable to heat, acid, UV... converting into THC very readily. I'm sure if you attempt to vape it it'll lose CO2 pretty damn near instantly. The waxy "budder" I'm familiar with is probably mostly THCA now that I think of it, but it always got me and my buddies blasted...

---

This will be a bit controversial but anyway:take bong resin and put it in a cup cover with acetone

Someone once tried this and tried to pass it off as "hash oil", sure it got you stoned but it reeked of tar, was blood red, just ... you'd have to be fucking dense to believe that came direct from a plant. It was sooo obvious. If you're gonna be "that guy" who does this at least have the good taste not to try to pass it off as first run hash oil.

Last edited:
Good bubble hash is hard to beat, but then if you mix concentrates into some bubble hash, what you have is something else entirely, a type of heavenly gift from the gods.

@sekio -- the list for the poll was chosen just based on what concentrates were widely available so respondents would be most likely to have tried all of them and been able to compare them honestly.

in retrospect, distillates was probably one choice too many already. is it lagging so far in votes because nobody likes it or just because so few have actually tried it? i'm guessing the latter but who knows, i wasn't that big on it myself

seperating THC-A is a dead fucking easy process.
Isolates and distillates have become much more affordable in the recent years however not all cannabinoids are created equal.

Specifically, due to the price, CBD isolates have currently become my favorite way of consuming CBD extracts/hash however for THC extracts/hash my opinion hasn't changed since the creation of this thread. BHO is generally the best bang for my buck when it comes to marijuana however isolates (distillate) are now my favorite way to consume hemp extracts.

I'd guess with the more time goes on, the more affordable isolated THC will become and eventually I'll probably change my vote when the prices finally fall for THC isolates as well. Until then, since the majority of my use is THC, my vote remains with BHO.

Can someone tell me what kind of hash this sounds like - when I was in NYC I met a journalist from Egypt who managed to smuggle over some hash from (don't know for sure where it was cultivated, but I'm guessing from North Africa). It was a small rectangular brick that was pure black.. The high was a really intense, heavy narcotic body stone, although the "psychedelic" effect was there too (kind of like a purple kush, but way more intense). I was pretty much nodding out from it. Any ideas on what kind of hash this was? I'll cast my vote if I can get an answer