• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

⫸STICKY⫷ Hash Poll

Which is your favorite?

• Total voters
^ Live Resin is typically made from BHO. It's the exact same process as regular BHO but they skip the curing process, essentially maxing out the terpene content and thus the name "Live Resin". It's just as strong as regular BHO but a lot tastier (and usually more expensive).

Rosin is a solvent-less extract using heat and pressure.

@nohandsjoe you mean 70% thc kief? That sounds amazing.

I put my drysift (tantalus) and bubble hash (BC) aside for a while and am really enjoying the Blackberry Gum Hash (KushKraft) again, which is brighter and more colorful and less harsh than all the rest - I had put it aside as my wife found the smell a bit obvious, but I wish I could get more. it just leaves a tiny bit of white ash, the others leave gray ash.

Edit: the drysift from tantalus actually must have some dust in it that I am allergic to. either that or, it is such a fine powder that unburned particles are getting through the screen. I am planning to decarb it and eat some day - save my larynx for talking.

Last edited:
What about the old school "hockey pucks?" No love for them? I don't think they even fit into the categories mentioned in the poll.

What in the name? Not a big fan of hash, but I'm suprised I never heard these names before. Bubble I heard.

What's the one they smuggle over the Spanish South-Coast over Marokko?
Tastes a little opium-y

What in the name? Not a big fan of hash, but I'm suprised I never heard these names before. Bubble I heard.

What's the one they smuggle over the Spanish South-Coast over Marokko?
Tastes a little opium-y
We called it Blonde Hash if it was light colored, but the opiumy smelling rock hard dark stuff was just Moroccan Hash. I am curious, those that enjoyed the dense brick stuff back when it was practically the only hash to be found, how did you usually consume it?

The only somewhat satisfactory results I had was to put a pea size piece of it on the head of a sewing pin, the pin already stuck through a piece of paper and sticking up. Then, hit it with a torch until it was turning red and smoking, cover the pin with an upturned glass, and let it fill with smoke. Then, tilt the glass a bit and suck in.

Every once in awhile, it would still be soft enough, you could heat it a little under flame so it would crumble into dust. This was much more satisfying, as you could mix it with tobacco or trim to make stony little spliffs.

We called it Blonde Hash if it was light colored, but the opiumy smelling rock hard dark stuff was just Moroccan Hash. I am curious, those that enjoyed the dense brick stuff back when it was practically the only hash to be found, how did you usually consume it?

The only somewhat satisfactory results I had was to put a pea size piece of it on the head of a sewing pin, the pin already stuck through a piece of paper and sticking up. Then, hit it with a torch until it was turning red and smoking, cover the pin with an upturned glass, and let it fill with smoke. Then, tilt the glass a bit and suck in.

Every once in awhile, it would still be soft enough, you could heat it a little under flame so it would crumble into dust. This was much more satisfying, as you could mix it with tobacco or trim to make stony little spliffs.
The hash or the opium?

The hash was pretty soft and we could just crumble it into our joints. Even smoked it tasted like opium.
Came in little aluminum "eggs".

For the opium we did the trick with the two knives.
Can't say I've experienced much of an effect from that.
Very subtle.

The end product will be stickier because of the distillate. But I imagine the high will be pretty nice.
I have an ounce of kief headed my way to start experimenting with this.

I'm a dry-sift kief kind of guy-- it's what I fuck with daily. Everything else on the poll I've only had a few experiences with.

Now if I only had the patience to do enough sifting to get some full-melt, that'd be fucking wonderful.... I didn't even know it was possible until I saw a thread on here about it in the past week or so.
Hmm that makes me wonder if any of the small buds that are sold have already been sifted a bit without being completely ground

Hmm that makes me wonder if any of the small buds that are sold have already been sifted a bit without being completely ground

You know, I'd be willing to bet that yeah, there probably is some of that type of weed on the market. I'm kind of torn on it, though, because on one hand I could absolutely see some of the bigger MJ companies trying to get as much profit out of their products as possible. On the other hand, if a company did engage in this type of practice and the general public found out about it, that company might be setting it's own collapse into motion... But maybe if they marketed it honestly and knocked a percentage off the price, there might be a chance to open up an entirely new consumer base. Older heads are often saying weed is too strong these days-- this might be an adequate work-around to that.

Black market? Anything's possible, but so long as you're not cold-copping at the mall or on some random street, I doubt a weed dealer you've built a rapport with would do this to their customers intentionally.

I will say that I've been fooled twice in recent memory with weed that looked and smelled like straight fire and then went to smoke/vape and.... nothing. Not even red eyes, man. I chalked that up to getting fooled by CBD bud but reading your post has me wondering if they stole my kief before they sold the bag.

double/triple sift should be an option! You can keep adding options forever tho I get it.

I like bubble best. Isolator can be lush but I find it harder to work with as it's so hard! Best hash I've ever had was a gram of bubble from an amsterdam coffee shop. It cost me £30(!!) cos I bought it in the UK. Thirty for a gram of even top shelf bubble is a bit much, I ended up wishing I'd gotten more tho! Ofc! It wasn't any nicer than the cheaper bubble I'd gotten from France, at least not significantly so, but the difference between it and the other bubble was this one was a dream to roll with it it just crumbled so easily. The other ones that stick out as God Tier are last Summer the Forum Cookies 1.5x filtered dry sift that was so oily and gooey it had to be greaseproof wrapped and I kept it in the fridge!

Has anyone tried Charas?

Yes I have! Twice! With very different results. 10 years ago in Bristol I got a half oz of Charas that was very dark but still very soft and oily. I smoked some neat in a bong and it was the best, warm, almost 100% physical high I've gotten from cannabis. I shit you not the high was reminiscent of the time I put opium in my hot drink and so orally dosed myself (plus if you're gonna be on a ladder, the exotic hash geek ladder is waaay better to be on than the opiate ladder!). The second time was more recently and I saw charas was being sold at the same price as all the other hashes, immediately I snapped it up as I considered charas my fav hash at that point. This batch of charas was dry and hard, honestly it seemed stale. Possibly it was made in a more mass production way and not with love? Def seemed a freshness issue. So I learned that charas is not automatically amazing, as with pretty much all hash/weed batch quality is actually more important than the variety.

From the same stale charas place tho, I got some Royal Afghan recently which as far as I can remember, looked and felt very similar to the banging batch of charas. Royal Afghan is the one if you like me love hashes that are dark and heavy physical stone. When I smoke bud I only smoke Indica's and 60%+ indica hybrids too.

The scale of lushness for this type of hash is as follows imo...

Squidgy Black! < Black Flat Press (briefly was about in Bristol, it's like upmarket squidgy) < Royal Afghan < Charas

The light brown, soft powdery kind with not much taste. Smokes easy and no off taste in bakery.

What would that be called?

Nothing beats BHO or Iso oil properly purged in a vac chamber and then mixed and pressed at a ration of 70% oil and 30% freshly sifted blond 50micron sifted kief.
Thrn heated and pressed then rolled in more fresh blond kief and hand rolled to desired ratio consistency....it's nearly as strong as shatter and has that wonderful hash flavour while retaining its super gummy almost playdough like consistency.

Nothing beats BHO or Iso oil properly purged in a vac chamber and then mixed and pressed at a ration of 70% oil and 30% freshly sifted blond 50micron sifted kief.
Thrn heated and pressed then rolled in more fresh blond kief and hand rolled to desired ratio consistency....it's nearly as strong as shatter and has that wonderful hash flavour while retaining its super gummy almost playdough like consistency.
yeah 100% agree