• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Hello no clue how to use this shit cuz I’m new. My names Jackie and I’m here cuz I got a lot of questions and I probably got a few answers too. Lol🤪

Jaxgee1025

Bluelighter
My message is to everyone on this site. I’ve tried (almost) every mind altering substance besides meth. But everything else (heroin, crack, cocaine, Molly, acid, pills). Is anyone else trying to balance mental health while still dealing with addiction even after having sobriety for a few months and just feeling like it sucked so hard to be sober but you know drinking and taking uppers is going to ruin your health and you don’t know how to cope?!?

My message is to everyone on this site. I’ve tried (almost) every mind altering substance besides meth. But everything else (heroin, crack, cocaine, Molly, acid, pills). Is anyone else trying to balance mental health while still dealing with addiction even after having sobriety for a few months and just feeling like it sucked so hard to be sober but you know drinking and taking uppers is going to ruin your health and you don’t know how to cope?!?
heyyyyyyyy welcome to BL! sure has been a wealth to me, so many are willing to support and advise , i hope you enjoy learning and we even have loads of fun, i havent been posting long but cant seem to stop, im still learning to navigate the site but if i can do it, anyone can, hang in there!!:frustrated:

Glad you are here. The Dark Side and Health and Recovery have a lot of people in them to offer you some support. Mental Health is a good one too if you want to learn about some of the meds that are helping people cope.

We are all here for you. It's going to be okay even though you feel that it isn't. Recovery takes so much longer than people realize. <3

Hey there Bud and welcome to BlueWorld

Stopping drinking sucks and sucks and sucks. You gonna suffer no matter what you do but suffer you will. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it's the truth. Been down that road a few times and adding other substances to that will make it worse, yeah i know you don't want to hear this but is the truth.

The best advice i can give on alcohol wd's is a light dose of a long acting benzo with anti-convulsant properties and help with alcohol wd's and the best so far or for me at least is Diazepam.

I wish you the best and also on a side note cannabis also help especially something around an indica strain or indica dominant.
Another thing that helps with benzo and alcohol wd's to a point is also gabapentinoids. But i personal will first get of the alcohol and control it with benzos and then ween off the benzos the best you can. Hope this helps unless i misunderstood the whole intro, lol

Regards
CoffeeShroom

heyyyyyyyy welcome to BL! sure has been a wealth to me, so many are willing to support and advise , i hope you enjoy learning and we even have loads of fun, i havent been posting long but cant seem to stop, im still learning to navigate the site but if i can do it, anyone can, hang in there!!:frustrated:
Thank you! I want to make an attempt to interact on this page blog whatever you wanna call it. Lol I go on Reddit and Quora sometimes but whenever I ask questions nobody freaking answers me. Haha Maybe because the questions are inappropriate for them. I think I’m gonna like it here though. 😈

Hey there Bud and welcome to BlueWorld

Stopping drinking sucks and sucks and sucks. You gonna suffer no matter what you do but suffer you will. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it's the truth. Been down that road a few times and adding other substances to that will make it worse, yeah i know you don't want to hear this but is the truth.

The best advice i can give on alcohol wd's is a light dose of a long acting benzo with anti-convulsant properties and help with alcohol wd's and the best so far or for me at least is Diazepam.

I wish you the best and also on a side note cannabis also help especially something around an indica strain or indica dominant.
Another thing that helps with benzo and alcohol wd's to a point is also gabapentinoids. But i personal will first get of the alcohol and control it with benzos and then ween off the benzos the best you can. Hope this helps unless i misunderstood the whole intro, lol

Regards
CoffeeShroom
Hey man I appreciate the feedback. That’s what I’m here for to hear the truth and other peoples experiences. I don’t have WDs from liquor cause I don’t drink everyday but when I do drink I go hard and I also drink with Adderall which makes you drink more than you normally would. I don’t get the shakes or anything after drinking I just end up feeling super depressed and like a giant piece of shit. Especially when I run out of the Addys. I’m actually prescribed Xanax .50 twice a day but I don’t take it everyday. It definitely helps the day after or in my case it’s usually two days of drinking for me in a row. I always have to “chase the hair of the dog”. I gotta figure something out I just don’t know what.

Also I WISH I could smoke weed instead I really do…I used to get stoned everyday in High School and loved it but shit makes me paranoid as hell. It brings out the negative thoughts in my head. :-/

Yes

Benzo and alcohol withdrawal back to back. I'm constantly shaking unless I take 2000mg+ of Pregabalin. I hallucinate when I go 24 hours without a drink. My pulse goes up to 260. It sucks and is terrifying due to the voices and seizure risk. I sleep with a bottle of 75% rum beside my bed. I still have hope I can make it through this.

Hang in there

Jeeze I’m sorry to hear you have to deal with the physical withdrawals. That’s why I’m careful not to take my Xanax every day because I don’t want to get dependent on them. I’ve heard terrible thing about coming off of benzos. My concern is my damn liver…I have Hep C back when I was into the hard drugs but luckily I was able to clear it with Harvoni. But it did cause damage to my liver and I was diagnosed with fatty liver disease. Honestly if I didn’t have to worry about my liver I probably wouldn’t really care as much about doing something about my drinking. Stay strong and check in to a detox if you have to. Especially with the benzos..Good luck and remember your not alone.

Glad you are here. The Dark Side and Health and Recovery have a lot of people in them to offer you some support. Mental Health is a good one too if you want to learn about some of the meds that are helping people cope.

We are all here for you. It's going to be okay even though you feel that it isn't. Recovery takes so much longer than people realize. <3
Thank you I truly appreciate the support.♥️

Thank you! I want to make an attempt to interact on this page blog whatever you wanna call it. Lol I go on Reddit and Quora sometimes but whenever I ask questions nobody freaking answers me. Haha Maybe because the questions are inappropriate for them. I think I’m gonna like it here though. 😈

Hey Jackie!

Firstly a massive welcome to you, its great you have decided to make an account and join the awesome community here on Bluelight.

Like you, I am often on Quora (and occasionally reddit) and I can say unbiasedly and honestly that you have found the number one place online for drug related questions, harm reduction, information, questions and much much more.

I would recommend having a look at the list of various sub-forums (click on forums top left drop down menu) and make yourself at home wherever interests you.

People will always take you seriously here as we have a great community that follows the BLUA (Bluelight User Agreement) and a team of great staff always online no matter what time.

So you won't have to worry about the clowns that often troll Quora as our staff are real people and not poorly coded bots :)

You should usually get plenty of answers here as well.

Again welcome to the forum it will be nice seeing you around. If you ever have any issues just contact that sub-forums moderator team.

Best of luck with the withdrawal process. It is very hard but if you have a will power and support (we are here for you!) I am confident you will get threw it like a trooper.

All the best,
Andy

:good vibes:

I'm not dealing with mental health probably have got mental health issues but ignore them because it's easier to ignore the problem. But i feel you when you say tried sobriety but it just sucks I hate being addicted physically does my head in to know without heroin im a mess. But I get detox then I'm bored as fuck i don't mean a couple of months I been over a year clean before

Also would not recommend it but if you are worried about the health effects of drugs I know for certain pods raw opium heroin u can do for life and not have health effects from it. Know many old-timers in India who started pods or raw opium in their teens now 60s 70s and 80s still going strong they also swear down that it controls their blood sugar it been used for millennia in Punjab and rest of India you used to be able to register as a pod or raw opium addict and go to government shops and get your monthly dose like you buying a bag of sugar then the new right-wing government fucked that up. Now if you inject then the health does fuck up and of course you cant skip a few days or you feel like shit that the only problem . Maybe take heroin out the mix but raw opium and pods no ill effect but the wd worse then heroin last forever had bad leg back pain even after 20 odd days clean

Last edited:
Welcome to BL girl
I think everyone struggling wit addiction has mental health issues..I didn’t start feeling comfortable being sober until just recently, and I stopped using heroin like 4 years ago. And I was using opiates since I was 18 so I def feel like drugs fuck up your dopamine receptors

Welcome to BL girl
I think everyone struggling wit addiction has mental health issues..I didn’t start feeling comfortable being sober until just recently, and I stopped using heroin like 4 years ago. And I was using opiates since I was 18 so I def feel like drugs fuck up your dopamine receptors
4 years is that how long it took how did you manage to stay clean that long while still not feeling right any tricks
Yes

Benzo and alcohol withdrawal back to back. I'm constantly shaking unless I take 2000mg+ of Pregabalin. I hallucinate when I go 24 hours without a drink. My pulse goes up to 260. It sucks and is terrifying due to the voices and seizure risk. I sleep with a bottle of 75% rum beside my bed. I still have hope I can make it through this.

Hang in there friend <3
Feel for you my brother will the pregabs not stop the risk of seizures I took pregabs for heroin wd which i know a walk in the park compared to benzos and not life threating while I did get addicted to them it was a nightmare 7-day wd but no seizures involved plus i gave them to my cousin for his alcohol wd and they stop any seizures

5.7g that is a heavy dose. Are you using any benzos with that too? Or what other meds are you using in combination with the pregabalin?

Also what wd's are you getting from putting the bottle down?

The rapid tolerance to Pregabalin is ridiculous. 3 and a half hours ago I took 5.7 grams and I'm not even sedated. I just feel more relaxed and less shaky. I don't have any pregabs left. As soon as that insane dose wears off I'll immediately go back into alcohol withdrawal again. My new years resolution is pretty obvious.
That is a problem with it bruv i remember my highest dose got upto 60 300 mg capsules . I know you trying to get off both the booze and benzos what if use some diazepam to get of the booze safely then take on the benzos .

5.7g that is a heavy dose. Are you using any benzos with that too? Or what other meds are you using in combination with the pregabalin?

Also what wd's are you getting from putting the bottle down?
Pregabalin is just such a cunt for tolerance when you first try them 300 mg fuck you for most of the day within days that wont even scratch the surface

I don’t get the shakes or anything after drinking I just end up feeling super depressed and like a giant piece of shit
Same here. And noticing one day that I always felt crap after drinking too much kinda made it a lot less tempting for me.
Instead of thinking 'I'm so stressed out I need a drink' I was thinking 'I' m so stressed out I need a drink which 'll make me... errrrr MORE FUCKING STRESSED'.
Like 😶.

PS you'll like it round here. I do and I'm generally a misanthropic so-and-so.
And navigating the site you learn by doing. Just like droogs hahaha ha Xd