• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Hello no clue how to use this shit cuz I’m new. My names Jackie and I’m here cuz I got a lot of questions and I probably got a few answers too. Lol🤪

I tend to compare it to the push - pull of a dysfunctional love relationship. Where y'know, it was wonderful at first and then it all turned sour.

And you know it's not doing you any good anymore and you start to get tired of the person but then it's like....
... ohhh but when she just touches me THAT WAY. Or when he just looks at me THAT WAY. It's all gone to fuck and you know it but every now and again the sex is still so good (you really want that high, etc).
...a good analogy. I am pretty fucked up at the moment. I know the answer is clear and it comes down to yes and no...I keep saying yes.
After all the sub I put in me this morning, I went out a got more gear to try and counter act the sub...Now I an just a chemical waste land. And it is funny because when I got to my dealers place, I almost stopped withdrawing, but I still got on...and right now I am sitting in my lounge room with gear that won't work and I am full of regret...

So I have a question...
With suboxone in my system and a quart of gear on top of that, do I need to wait another 24 hours to try the suboxone again?

...a good analogy. I am pretty fucked up at the moment. I know the answer is clear and it comes down to yes and no...I keep saying yes.
After all the sub I put in me this morning, I went out a got more gear to try and counter act the sub...Now I an just a chemical waste land. And it is funny because when I got to my dealers place, I almost stopped withdrawing, but I still got on...and right now I am sitting in my lounge room with gear that won't work and I am full of regret...

So I have a question...
With suboxone in my system and a quart of gear on top of that, do I need to wait another 24 hours to try the suboxone again?
Yeah the gear won't really work when you're on the suboxone. That's kinda the point of substitution. I mean yeah on the one habd it's supposed to keep you from withdrawal but on the other it's also supposed to make the gear next to useless, the idea being you'll then stop taking it 'cause you're no longer getting the effects.

However if you're like me and WANT those effects notwithstanding, you start to do stupid shit. Like at one point I was taking insanely high doses in an effort to try and ' overcome ' the blocking effects of methadone and I nearly killed myself several times. DON'T bloody go down that road. It doesn't really work anyways. You really wanna feel something off your dope, get the sub outta you system first.

Definitely BS.
Like oh if you used to do heroin you can never ever have a sip of a beer of puff of a joint because it'll send you running straight back to the needle somehow . (Even if you never had an alcohol or weed problem to the same degree you had a heroin problem.) Exactly HOW. I've yet to have this mysterious arcane process explained to me in a convincing manner.
Those are ENTIRELY different substances with ENTIRELY different effects. Saying the use of one will in some way mindlessly 'cause' you to do another is like claiming smoking cigarettes is gonna make you take cocaine.
Well I have an addictive personality and I’ve always abused multiple substances at any given time. I forget what they call it when your addicted to pretty much anything and everything. I understand what your saying cuz I thought it was BS when I was told in rehab I wasn’t even clean if I was still smoking ciggs. For me personally I just know that I have a very addictive mentality. For instance I love to drink but only if I’ve taken a stimulant. They go hand in hand for me.

I don't know if this is going to be the best advice Jackie but it's the best I can give.

I think you're being given some of the worst advice here when it comes to benzodiazepines and alcohol. Ask me how I know. Well seeing as you asked; you will get physically dependent on Xanax WAY before you get in trouble with alcohol.

Only reason I'm chiming in here is because I wanted to say that maybe you're being too hard on yourself. I have lived a relatively long and interesting life. And same here (and as you put it): always used to "go hard" on the alcohol i.e. enough was never enough WHEN I was in the mood. Otherwise known as binge drinking of course. Point being: I'd go for three days ("hair of the dog" being the first and worst fucking drink after having eventually woken up but wanted to continue the party with music and whatnot). Also, and as the years went by, started getting that horrible, almost like a depressive/guilty type feeling (especially after the party was over and you'd eaten and sobered up). And it took me the longest time to say to myself "fuck this: I'm not doing anything wrong not harming anyone but simply keeping to my business and enjoying myself" (neighbors didn't usually see it that way because of the music but fuck them). Point I'm trying to make: if "going hard" for a few days and truly having a gas and enjoying yourself then fuck it and everybody else. Life goes quick. I stopped boozing it up just over two years ago and I'm a miserable fuck without the booze and music and shit. Main reason: just got to a point where I just could not handle the inevitable three day hangovers anymore (there is definitely something to that number three although I've never figured it out i.e. feel shit for three days being hungover and then three days later ready to start all over again and rock 'n roll). Used to also drink with Xanax (Alprazolam) and as to how much to this day I couldn't tell you i.e. the more fucking pissed you get the more you take because you're not getting "on" fast enough. It's one sure fire way of getting legless fucked though. Worst that ever happened: fell over and couldn't get back up again i.e. legs wouldn't work. Sat on the floor laughing my head off and never spilled a single drop of my drink (go figure). But you do pass out far quicker from the combination and once you wake up (usually on the couch) the party starts all over again. Found out just the other day that benzos. and alcohol act on the exact same receptors and have the same effect (according to a paper on the topic).

I guess in short (probably too late for that now): if it's not adversely affecting your life or your work or business then fuck it and don't get desperate or anxious or depressed about it. In the context of this site: probably not the best HR advice. But your posts eerily remind me of my life experience. And fuck knows: life hasn't improved or become more enjoyable because I stopped carrying on like a mad thing and feeling shit about having a gas drinking my head off for three days (and nights) straight. Of course: there is a caveat to my so-called "advice". You may not become an alcoholic or physically dependent on alcohol until a good while has passed. But it's for sure possible to get psychologically dependent (if only to the good time and partying like an animal for days on end). Fact of the matter (and for me): after all of this it's incredibly difficult for me to not be triggered by my music i.e. it's like turning a light switch on sometimes in the sense that the moment I hear some decent fucking loud music my brain goes "tilt" and all I want to do is get fucked up drunk. It's very real. Somehow I've manged to behave myself since 2019 on this score but it's not been easy I'll tell you. And if I;m honest: I miss it (those occasions) a lot. In truth: I succumbed but once in the last two year i.e. just decided one afternoon fuck this shit I'm going to get pissed. Well: it took that (and yet another three fucking day Godawful and debilitating hangover to remind me that was the very reason I gave it all up as a very bad job i.e. just not worth it).

Sorry for the L-O-N-G and badly (not) formatted post (not my usual style). :) (welppl

I don't know if this is going to be the best advice Jackie but it's the best I can give.

I think you're being given some of the worst advice here when it comes to benzodiazepines and alcohol. Ask me how I know. Well seeing as you asked; you will get physically dependent on Xanax WAY before you get in trouble with alcohol.

Only reason I'm chiming in here is because I wanted to say that maybe you're being too hard on yourself. I have lived a relatively long and interesting life. And same here (and as you put it): always used to "go hard" on the alcohol i.e. enough was never enough WHEN I was in the mood. Otherwise known as binge drinking of course. Point being: I'd go for three days ("hair of the dog" being the first and worst fucking drink after having eventually woken up but wanted to continue the party with music and whatnot). Also, and as the years went by, started getting that horrible, almost like a depressive/guilty type feeling (especially after the party was over and you'd eaten and sobered up). And it took me the longest time to say to myself "fuck this: I'm not doing anything wrong not harming anyone but simply keeping to my business and enjoying myself" (neighbors didn't usually see it that way because of the music but fuck them). Point I'm trying to make: if "going hard" for a few days and truly having a gas and enjoying yourself then fuck it and everybody else. Life goes quick. I stopped boozing it up just over two years ago and I'm a miserable fuck without the booze and music and shit. Main reason: just got to a point where I just could not handle the inevitable three day hangovers anymore (there is definitely something to that number three although I've never figured it out i.e. feel shit for three days being hungover and then three days later ready to start all over again and rock 'n roll). Used to also drink with Xanax (Alprazolam) and as to how much to this day I couldn't tell you i.e. the more fucking pissed you get the more you take because you're not getting "on" fast enough. It's one sure fire way of getting legless fucked though. Worst that ever happened: fell over and couldn't get back up again i.e. legs wouldn't work. Sat on the floor laughing my head off and never spilled a single drop of my drink (go figure). But you do pass out far quicker from the combination and once you wake up (usually on the couch) the party starts all over again. Found out just the other day that benzos. and alcohol act on the exact same receptors and have the same effect (according to a paper on the topic).

I guess in short (probably too late for that now): if it's not adversely affecting your life or your work or business then fuck it and don't get desperate or anxious or depressed about it. In the context of this site: probably not the best HR advice. But your posts eerily remind me of my life experience. And fuck knows: life hasn't improved or become more enjoyable because I stopped carrying on like a mad thing and feeling shit about having a gas drinking my head off for three days (and nights) straight. Of course: there is a caveat to my so-called "advice". You may not become an alcoholic or physically dependent on alcohol until a good while has passed. But it's for sure possible to get psychologically dependent (if only to the good time and partying like an animal for days on end). Fact of the matter (and for me): after all of this it's incredibly difficult for me to not be triggered by my music i.e. it's like turning a light switch on sometimes in the sense that the moment I hear some decent fucking loud music my brain goes "tilt" and all I want to do is get fucked up drunk. It's very real. Somehow I've manged to behave myself since 2019 on this score but it's not been easy I'll tell you. And if I;m honest: I miss it (those occasions) a lot. In truth: I succumbed but once in the last two year i.e. just decided one afternoon fuck this shit I'm going to get pissed. Well: it took that (and yet another three fucking day Godawful and debilitating hangover to remind me that was the very reason I gave it all up as a very bad job i.e. just not worth it).

Sorry for the L-O-N-G and badly (not) formatted post (not my usual style). :) (well the formatting part anyway that is).
Sorry for the late reply but if I may say something…and I know I’m not touching on every point but I just wanted to say that I’ve come to realize not everyone responds to alcohol the same way. Obviously alcoholics like to drink more than “non addicts”. But they’re is clearly an imbalance in an addicts brain. I only enjoy things or feel motivated when I’m drinking. I actually feel stimulated when I’m drinking.

Awesome but I don’t know how to find it! Ahh I’m so lost haha can you message me..? I need some guidance. 🙏
Good morning Jax. Instead of the thread being in NMI where you originally posted it is now in Health and Recovery. On the page where it lists all the forums such as Cannabis Discussion, Drug Culture, Other Drugs....H and R is in the Forum between The Dark Side and Mental health. Your thread is the 3rd one down in that forum.

Go to your list of forums ( the list you see when you first open up BL ) and scroll down to Health and Recovery. Click on that and see if you can find your thread. I'm online now and can help you with whatever you need. Have you not been looking in other forums and reading other threads because you don't know how? See if you can find your thread and let me know if you can't by quoting this post. Good luck ! Think of it as a Treasure hunt ! :peperave:

Are you struggling to navigate the forums as well Robi?
not as difficult as a few weeks ago, and i have to say this website is very well created, ty for always lending a hand to all ,some folks often or constantly , attempting to one up or try so hard to show off their endellijunce. far and few between, i think everyone here is valued, but as for you missy!you are a refreshing part of this ongoing endeavor, you really care, and not just with the cliques, but yes i struggle but truly a fantastic design
Good Night Reaction GIF
Happy Halloween GIF by Kochstrasse™ .agency

Last edited:
not as difficult as a few weeks ago, and i have to say this website is very well created, ty for always lending a hand to all ,some folks often or constantly , attempting to one up or try so hard to show off their enllijunce. far and few between, i think everyone here is valued, but as for you missy!you are a refreshing part of this ongoing endeavor, you really care, and not just with the cliques, but yes i struggle but truly a fantastic design
Good Night Reaction GIF
What a lovely post. And a beautiful thing to enjoy my morning coffee with. Thank you Robi....I enjoy your posts as well. It warms my heart to know you love the site so much. Rock on girlfriend.

Are you struggling to navigate the forums as well Robi?
oh one more things n stuff about youi respect. as a mod, you never go out of your way to humiliate BLighters` publicly, you see thru ppl,their BS and some folks deceitful ways, but you never are condescending, no superiority complex, zilch grandstanding zero snooty proselytizing, rarely callin them out when you might not enjoy how they feel or what they say, i could go on n on `boutcha*slips your bribe in my pocket ever so discreetly* oh and dalpat said the check is in the mail for me, so i await, ty for being genuine, you inspire, no reply needed

Well I have an addictive personality and I’ve always abused multiple substances at any given time. I forget what they call it when your addicted to pretty much anything and everything. I understand what your saying cuz I thought it was BS when I was told in rehab I wasn’t even clean if I was still smoking ciggs. For me personally I just know that I have a very addictive mentality. For instance I love to drink but only if I’ve taken a stimulant. They go hand in hand for me.
But you're sayin it yourself, you have an 'addictive personality', which in less fancy terms means you're someone who for whatever reason wants to get fucked up all the time.
And you like your alcohol but only with a stimulant. Ethanol and cocaine are totally unrelated in their chemistry and in their effects. But 'they go hand in hand' for you. In other words you've developed a habit of doing those two things in tandem.

But they like to talk about it as though taking substance X can somehow physically CAUSE you to start doing substance Y. And that's just simply factually incorrect. There is no process by which this can occur.

THAT'S the bullshit part I'm referring to.
The tragic thing is if someone believes that say, smoking a single joint is going to inevitably lead to them blind drunk under a table somewhere, as if there was some actual causality involved, then that's probably exactly what'll happen. In behavioural science we call this a 'response expectancy', meaning in any given situation a person is likely to act in whatever way they believe beforehand they are going to act.
In this particular scenario, this then reinforces the person's conviction that there's something outside of their own wants and desires for these substances involved, and so the cycle continues.

... And as for 'not even clean if you smoke', well technically you are only 'clean' if you do not partake of any substance whatsoever.
But I'd like you to consider for a minute this moralizing language that's used. It's a hangover from the temperance movement and I find it distasteful as well as misleading. Misleading because it implies a moral issue where there is a mental and / or physical health issue. Distasteful because the very word CLEAN implies that if you are using, then you're somehow DIRTY.

I wouldn't put my prime focus on total abstinence, unless of course that is your individual goal. I'd focus on being functional in my life and healthy, because that's what actually matters. The vast majority of people who ever fit the criteria for 'addict' or 'alcoholic' do not in fact become totally abstinent for life. Instead they either adjust their level of consumption or they switch to a less risky substance.

Last edited:
My message is to everyone on this site. I’ve tried (almost) every mind altering substance besides meth. But everything else (heroin, crack, cocaine, Molly, acid, pills). Is anyone else trying to balance mental health while still dealing with addiction even after having sobriety for a few months and just feeling like it sucked so hard to be sober but you know drinking and taking uppers is going to ruin your health and you don’t know how to cope?!?

Welcome Jackie :) Everyone is real nice here.

Please be careful with alcohol! The withdrawal can be fatal. I've had about 10 acute grand mal seizures from the withdrawal.

Welcome Jackie :) Everyone is real nice here.

Please be careful with alcohol! The withdrawal can be fatal. I've had about 10 acute grand mal seizures from the withdrawal.
Thanks for the welcome 🤗
I am trying to cut down on drinking but I really should quit all together…never had any withdrawals from alcohol but I’m sure it’s taking a toll on the inside.

not as difficult as a few weeks ago, and i have to say this website is very well created, ty for always lending a hand to all ,some folks often or constantly , attempting to one up or try so hard to show off their endellijunce. far and few between, i think everyone here is valued, but as for you missy!you are a refreshing part of this ongoing endeavor, you really care, and not just with the cliques, but yes i struggle but truly a fantastic design
Good Night Reaction GIF
Yes I just want to say thank you for all the support and this is a great resource for people who are struggling or just want to be part of a community were we can feel like we’re not being judged. I haven’t been on lately cuz I just started a new job and haven’t even been on my phone at all much lately but I wanted to check in and hopefully figure out exactly how this all works. I wanted to share something but I’m not sure how to start a new “topic” so to speak..any guidance is much appreciated. 🙏