• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Help Me SLEEP With Pharmaceuticals! :D

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
Backstory and background info not necessary so...let's take a look at one I made earlier

So I need to sleep (or just be unconscious idgaf) for a bit (like...3-4 days)

I have a basically unlimited supply of the following

Quetiapine
Depakote
Thorazine
Trazodone
and like 60 Gabapentin 300s

The Gabapentin and Depakote are the only ones I take often enough to have a real tolerance to.

If I were to take like a double doses of those two, plus like 200mg each of Trazodone, Thorazine and Quetiapine...would I definitely sleep and for a while? Like 12-24 hours?

(I weigh like 115lb, since body weight tends to be relevant)
(Also, I will be in moderate opioid withdrawal the whole 4ish days)

Ime Quetiapine as welll as Valproic acid won't make you sleepy.

Gabapentin maybe, the others I have no experience with.

Low dose (25-50mg) of quetiapine is the best out of your list of pharms. Don't go higher or you'll get side effects like stuffed nose and akathisia.

Or trazodone 50-100mg but it causes super weird dreams.

Gabapentin helps with opioid withdrawal but won't induce sleep on its own. Valproate isn't a sedative and has nasty sides.

Maybe Healthy Planet first ?

Passion Flower (is a GABA-A PAM) just like benzodiazepine
Valerian (potent anxiolytic and sleep aid)
Magnesium Bisglycinate 200mg before bed (Amazing sleep aid)
Cannabis Indica 5mg jel cap

Clonidine 0.1mg tablet (prescription drug) not a controlled substance (better than a benzo for sleep)
Zopiclone 7.5mg ….Horrific metallic taste lingers for days “Z-drug”

Etizolam
Valium
Clonazepam
Lorazepam

I find quetiapine quite good sleep-aid but it stops working quite fast and increasing dose (or letting it accumulate for long use) isn’t healthy and even it’s often prescribed off-label for sleep it’s still antipsychotic with many nasty side-effects so many better options out there.

Backstory and background info not necessary so...let's take a look at one I made earlier

So I need to sleep (or just be unconscious idgaf) for a bit (like...3-4 days)

I have a basically unlimited supply of the following

Quetiapine
Depakote
Thorazine
Trazodone
and like 60 Gabapentin 300s

The Gabapentin and Depakote are the only ones I take often enough to have a real tolerance to.

If I were to take like a double doses of those two, plus like 200mg each of Trazodone, Thorazine and Quetiapine...would I definitely sleep and for a while? Like 12-24 hours?

(I weigh like 115lb, since body weight tends to be relevant)
(Also, I will be in moderate opioid withdrawal the whole 4ish days)
I've tried a lot of things for my insomnia, and I still haven't found a "magic bullet". I don't try to sleep for 3-4 days though... more like 6 hours.

Diphenhydramine worked fairly well as a kid, but now it just gives me restless leg syndrome.
Mirtazapine worked for about a month, then I developed a tolerance.
Benzos can help me sleep, but it's not quality REM sleep and I usually wake up even more tired.
Alcohol keeps me up peeing half the night and makes me feel crappy in the morning.
Melatonin actually has a paradoxical effect and makes me restless & anxious.
Opioids give me energy (I have strange brain chemistry).
Chamomile and lavender do nothing.
Valerian root extract helps somewhat, but I have to take a buttload of it and it's hard on the liver.
Kava and 5-HTP make me horribly nauseated.
SSRIs don't do anything for my sleep quality.
I'm afraid of Ambien because I've known people who did crazy things in their sleep.

The ones that you mentioned (Quetiapine, Depakote, Thorazine, Trazodone) are waaay too strong for me.
Gabapentin worked fairly well. It relaxed me without any side effects.

I know it sounds corny, but I try to practice all the "sleep hygiene" tactics that I read about. Get off electronic media an hour before bed, dim the lights, put on soft music, meditate, etc. They really do help.

Also, the older I get (I'm in my early 50's), the less sleep I require to feel rested.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer
:sleep:

Trazodone is the only sleep med in existence which doesn't mess with your sleep cycles, rem, and deepsleep or have all the bad after affects.

Anything else is not sleeping but being ko or having poor quality sleep.

And most build dependance or have horrible rebound effects, plus are often liver toxic.

Trazodone plus proper sleep hygiene should be more than enough.

Check out "why we sleep" by Matthew Walker.

The long term damage from sleep deprivation is quite severe and most farmaceuticals only make things worse or only help in the short term.

I've suffered from insomnia for years, so I understand how difficult it is to deal with, but you can improve it.

Good luck friend. Hope my little rant helps in some way