• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help Support Erowid

The closest fact I know about Erowid is they contribute in textbook publication. Earth and Fire are currently contributing information in one. They are also often cited as a source of information by authors of medical journals and other publications.

Source: *http://apps.irs.gov/app/eos/pub78Se...patchMethod=searchCharities&submitName=Search

Mabey that was it. I don't know, the money definitely went to a foundation in the middleast and it was definitely the donation to erowid that was flagged. It was for exactly $5 and the donation was the only transaction that took place on the account that month. Don't get me wrong, I've been a huge fan of erowid since 8th grade. I was just shocked when the bank closed my account.

Last edited:
Just curious, has anyone donated to erowid and have it show up as something different on their statement? Back in 2009 I donated $5 and several days later the bank closed my account. The money apparently went to a charity that builds schools for muslim children in the middle east, the transaction was flagged and my account was closed. I would have no problem donating to that organization but to ask for money for one cause and use it for another seems kind of shady.:\

That's actually pretty bizarre. When did banks start deciding who their clients can send money too? Did they think you were sending money to a terrorist organization $5 at a time? It would take quite a while to fund an operation at that rate. Was it the Bank of Israel or something?

^Yeah, It was pretty odd. I'll have to try and find the statement to name the exact charity. I just went to the atm one night and it kept my card and freaked me the fuck out. I haven't had any problems since then, I even donated enough to get my bad ass "Visionary Synthesis" poster%)

^Yeah, It was pretty odd. I'll have to try and find the statement to name the exact charity. I just went to the atm one night and it kept my card and freaked me the fuck out. I haven't had any problems since then, I even donated enough to get my bad ass "Visionary Synthesis" poster%)

Did you ask the bank about it? Maybe it was something else that caused it to happen. Can't see a $5 donation to a school being the cause of a bank account closure. Unless of course, Erowid was bought by Muslim extremists and is now used as a front to fund terrorist organisations. Or it was a fake Erowid site used to scam people out of money.

I didnt have to ask the bank about it, my grandma who was a loan officer at said bank for twenty some years asked me about it when she noticed they closed the account. It was definitely the real erowid that caused the account to get flagged. Like I said, I had no problem with erowid, my problem was with the bank for closing my account.

Ive used the site for years ,watched you guys on all the conferences and symposiums.Ive seen the donate
banner always passed it by.But cause u made this thread..count me in....Im donating...thanks!

Is there a way to donate without inputting my address or what not? Like PayPal or the like?

Edit: never mind, lol. That question was meant for donating to BL. But I'll put in something for Erowid too.