• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Relapse HELP! Will I be kicked out of sub. for relapse

Nics91

Bluelighter
So I’ve been going to the suboxone clinic for a while now. This one for several months and haven’t had any problems until this month. Cravings have been really bad. So bad I’ve been having dreams ab using. My DOC is heroin btw. Well today I relapsed and I’m gonna have to take a drug test tomorrow morning and I’m wondering if anyone has any experience with this. Will I be kicked out? Should I use fake piss and just tell him the half truth half lie that it’s been a rough month and I took more sub than prescribed to try to prevent from a relapse and tell him I didn’t relapse but now I’m in withdrawal bc I took too much. I can’t get kicked out bc if I do I will end up loosing my new job from either WD or going back to regular use. Any personal experiences or advice would be much appreciated.

where do you live? i know where i am from they won't kick you out for a relapse. they will just take away carry's until you piss clean for once a week for 3 months straight. if your so worried and if you wanna cheat the system a bit smarten up and don't use within 3 or so days of your appointment. i did it for a long time until i really felt ready. mind you i wasn't using opiates but other drugs. either way prioritize and eventually when your ready you'll have the power to stop it all.

I ended up using fake piss and he didn’t say anything ab the drug test just gave me some good advice as usual.

I'd be careful about doing that in future as I doubt you would be kicked off the program for a relapse, especially if you admitted to it, but trying to cheat the test would probably be seen in a pretty bad light.

I'd be careful about doing that in future as I doubt you would be kicked off the program for a relapse, especially if you admitted to it, but trying to cheat the test would probably be seen in a pretty bad light.

I agree.

This is a bit problematic because different places have different rules.

When I used to go to a public clinic for methadone. I missed nearly half my doses, and tested positive for heroin metabolites every month without fail, often several other drugs too.

This went on for over a year and they never kicked me off methadone.

Other programs unfortunately so kick people off if they keep using. But even most of those don't expect perfection.

If you admitted to a relapse and have otherwise tested clean I doubt most places would exit you from the program.