• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Help with 2c-b test? No change to marquis

Fartofcold

Greenlighter
Mecke and frohede changed yellow immediately, marquis had no change.
(I'd get a more comprehensive test done, but that'll take time and my cat is looking forward to going nuts this Halloween.)

Mecke and frohede changed yellow immediately, marquis had no change.
(I'd get a more comprehensive test done, but that'll take time and I am looking forward to going nuts this Halloween.)
You’re taking it. We don’t use SWIM, “my plants, or my cat/whatever on BL. You’re using them. Saying otherwise doesn’t protect you.

If the marquis reagent was good and the test was carried out correctly then this is not 2C-B.

How old are your reagents? Has the lid always been kept on tightly? Could the inside of the reagent bottle ever have been contaminated?

If the marquis reagent was good and the test was carried out correctly then this is not 2C-B.

How old are your reagents? Has the lid always been kept on tightly? Could the inside of the reagent bottle ever have been contaminated?
All the reagents were brand new and opened on the day of testing, and I used a new scoop for each test.
It's possible that I didn't shake the bottle hard enough first? It's the crystalline reagents, not liquid ones. (But I did try marquis twice, and the other 2 reacted, so... Not sure.)
The other reagent I have that I didn't try is Ehrlich, might that be worth testing?

Tried crushing all pills, still no reaction to Marquis. Guess they're not as.advertised.

Also tested bk-2c-b. No reaction to Marquis; yellow turning orange for both Mecke and Frohede.

Honestly if your other reagents were fine, and the other reagents also react to other substances but marquis does not then it sounds like a faulty bottle of marquis. If you contact the reagent manufacturer then they will probably want to understand why it happened and then give a refund or replacement.

The other reagent I have that I didn't try is Ehrlich, might that be worth testing?
2c-b does not react to Ehrlich. But it’s still worth testing your substance with it because ANY reaction would indicate it’s not 2c-b.

Mecke usually changes from yellow through green to a final dark olive colour within a couple of minutes. If it did not go through the whole transition and just stayed yellow that would be suspect too.

By the way - the two substances that would give the results you got with Marquis/Mecke/Froede are a-pvp and hexen. Both things to be careful with.

Honestly if your other reagents were fine, and the other reagents also react to other substances but marquis does not then it sounds like a faulty bottle of marquis. If you contact the reagent manufacturer then they will probably want to understand why it happened and then give a refund or replacement.
I contacted the seller and they appeared to agree that the Marquis was a bit "dry" so I'm being reimbursed for that.

2c-b does not react to Ehrlich. But it’s still worth testing your substance with it because ANY reaction would indicate it’s not 2c-b.

Mecke usually changes from yellow through green to a final dark olive colour within a couple of minutes. If it did not go through the whole transition and just stayed yellow that would be suspect too.

By the way - the two substances that would give the results you got with Marquis/Mecke/Froede are a-pvp and hexen. Both things to be careful with.

:) Thanks for the info! I'm probably just going to send everything off for a comprehensive test anyways, there's so much crap going around lately.

Mecke - Yellow
Froehde - Yellow

This is consistent with 2C-B assuming the marquis was faulty here. In which case that is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more likely than a pretty unusual cathinone.

You’re taking it. We don’t use SWIM, “my plants, or my cat/whatever on BL. You’re using them. Saying otherwise doesn’t protect you.
And honestly saying you're using them, or even saying you're using drugs isn't enough to get you in trouble. You have a First Amendment right to lie, except in very specific circumstances like to the police during an investigation and in court and they have to prove it.

In order to get you for possession, use, whatever they have to catch you with it in your possession or in constructive possession which means they actually found the drugs and you had some sort of control over them.

Simply saying that you do drugs on bluelight or you bought a test kit or you tested drugs with a test kit isn't even enough to get a search warrant.

If you're stupid enough to say that you're a drug dealer, then that in and of itself can't get you arrested. It can get you served a search warrant.

Mecke - Yellow
Froehde - Yellow

This is consistent with 2C-B assuming the marquis was faulty here. In which case that is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more likely than a pretty unusual cathinone.
You are incorrect sir.

Actually Mecke is immediate pale yellow and then transitioning to a dark brown. Froehde is indeed bright yellow.

So with two yellow returns from both Foehde and Mecke, it seems like it is some sort of a methcathinone, a related compound, or funny enough, oxycodone.

Froehde returns bright yellow for oxycodone, and Mecke returns yellow-goldish.