• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Hey, how long does this ammonia body odor and breath last after my meth binge is done

I believe it's dry skin or something that truly does begin to gleam a bit and look like little crystals when ur tweaking. Cause I'd feel a prickly sensation and look and I swear there was a tiny little crystal, but I looked again today and it just appears to be dry skin. The problem is when ur tweaking hard, that shit seems too real. You just gotta remember to remind urself though that this is typical psychosis / tweaker behavior, and fucking get some sleep before ur too far gone to remind urself ur just tweaking lmao.

Dude whats the next step after you pick yourself? Because now i'm getting worried . This guy is reallly must be tweakin hard.hes already taken like 4 showers, looks crazy as fuck. We both got an 8ball a piece, i've barely even touched my shit, i've done maybe a little more then a quarter gram,and traded some for weed. This other guy must have gone through the entire ball when he left this morning. My god thats fucking wayy to damn much!

That psychosis is fucking crazyy,! The most shit i've done is wear a head lamp and go pick at the carpet where i knew i had spilt some shit off my notebook. It was fun you know, i was finding my shit.

Dude whats the next step after you pick yourself? Because now i'm getting worried . This guybis realllyy must be tweakin hard.hes already taken like 4 showers, looks crazy as fuck. We both got an 8ball a piece, i've barely even touched my shit, i've done maybe a little more then a quarter gram,and traded some for weed. This other guy must have gone through the entire ball when he left this morning. My god thats fucking wayy to damn much!

That psychosis is fucking crazyy,! The most shit i've done is wear a head lamp and go pick at the carpet where i knew i had spilt some shit off my notebook. It was fun you know, i was finding my shit.

Well, he'll pick at himself until he has fucking open wounds all over his body. Then he'll probably start getting super paranoid, and probably start hearing audio hallucinations and seeing shit outta the corner of his eye. Then he'll go full blown psychosis if he doesn't get sleep. Get the fuck outta there if he seems like the typa dude to pull out a shank lmao.

The problem is also right now he's "stuck". It's something that can also happen when your tweaking hard before your even that close to psychosis. It can happen when you look at yourself in the mirror, or when you start analysing your body, or doing other activities. You get fixated on something, and get stuck in a thought loop. But you won't be able to explain that too him, because he is tweaking so, yea, probably go elsewhere lol.

I just read about this "stuck" thing yesterday, and it makes full sense. It's why tweakers will get fixated on some stupid project for crazy amounts of time as well, like tryna take apart a computer and rebuild it or something for 24 hours lmao.

Well, he'll pick at himself until he has fucking open wounds all over his body. Then he'll probably start getting super paranoid, and probably start hearing audio hallucinations and seeing shit outta the corner of his eye. Then he'll go full blown psychosis if he doesn't get sleep. Get the fuck outta there if he seems like the typa dude to pull out a shank lmao.

The problem is also right now he's "stuck". It's something that can also happen when your tweaking hard before your even that close to psychosis. It can happen when you look at yourself in the mirror, or when you start analysing your body, or doing other activities. You get fixated on something, and get stuck in a thought loop. But you won't be able to explain that too him, because he is tweaking so, yea, probably go elsewhere lol.

I just read about this "stuck" thing yesterday, and it makes full sense. It's why tweakers will get fixated on some stupid project for crazy amounts of time as well, like tryna take apart a computer and rebuild it or something for 24 hours lmao.

Hmmmm.. Its like a khole,or scooping out on g. I understand it now, last time i realllyy was out there I was up for nearly a week, i lost count of how many days it has been, and i'm living with a gay dude in the basement of a house smokkin all the time,went through atleast a half ounce of the shit, had plenty of gbl so i'd knock myself out with it so i come-to feeling refreshed.
I never caught myself wanting to do any psychosis type shit,got horny as fuck.

Hmmmm.. Its like a khole,or scooping out on g. I understand it now, last time i realllyy was out there I was up for nearly a week, i lost count of how many days it has been, and i'm living with a gay dude in the basement of a house smokkin all the time,went through atleast a half ounce of the shit, had plenty of gbl so i'd knock myself out with it so i come-to feeling refreshed.
I never caught myself wanting to do any psychosis type shit,got horny as fuck.

Horny enough to do things and stuff with your gay roommate? Jk.

But I think we can all agree psychosis can get #2real2fast. The fact that nearly all of us have contributions on the matter is testament to that. But I want to know if sleep dep is the only factor or of its a culmination of the drugs effects as well. Aside from the obvious answer of just being high as fuck.

Example. A couple friends and I once did some pretty decent sized shots. Maybe fifteen minutes later we're driving down this county road and my one crazy friend yanks the e brake and sends us spinning into a ditch. He hops out with speed only a tweaker could muster and starts trying to rip his gas pedal out claiming it's got a bug under it. My other homie and I were pretty fucking high but still knew he was being ridiculous. We all were well rested so I'm not sure why he was always so fucking delusional. Maybe an underlying mental condition idk. Anyone else have experiences similar? Like he was fine 45 minutes ago we shot up and he became a fucking mess.

Man is there like a line that one crosses to get to like 'in orbit'? Because it's gotta be the drugs and the sleep depp.is a big contributing thing in there to.
I can vouch for being up , then again i've only done a qg,where the other guy did a ball,and dudes a smoker. Damn i mean holy shit thats damn to much.

I think the "line" begins to form after about 48 hours without sleep. Add compulsory redosing to that and your asking to go nuts.

Personally I've always been able to take a step back and evaluate the situation. Like, "my knees hurt from carpet surfing for the last three hours and I've been smashing imaginary daddy long legs for the last 4 hours. Time to smash my pipe and go to sleep I guess..." But I think it's a little different for everyone.

So the odor appears to be all but gone today, but things are still smelling a little funky. I used a neti-pot to clear out my sinuses thinking it may have been a sinus infection. But anyways, 5-htp helps a lot with the lethary and shitty mood the days after. I took it today and yesterday, and it appears to quite quickly improve my mood.

Depends on how much you used, how frequent, the quality, your metabolism, and f your an active person...ect ect:D

I posted some interesting stuff in another thread. I'll recap real quick. I believe that after the combat methamphetamine epidemic act of 2005 the use of ephedrine and pseudo ephedrine in meth cooking was shut down. Swim remembers that in 2004 he didn't notice a meth smell after smoking but in 2005 he began to notice what all of you guys are talking about, an ammonia smell secreted through the skin. After ephedrine was banned cooks started using methylamine to cook meth and methylamine is basically ammonia. Methylamine is not easily expelled by the urinary system so the body gets rid of it through the skin. <snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
^I've noticed the same thing. But there are different smells caused by binging on it, and their causes are different. That ammonia odor, methamphetamine itself is an amine, whether a oldschool pseudo type batch or methylamine batch, if the product is properly worked up and purified, ph balanced etc then there should be no difference. All meth makes you stink like shite TBH, unless you take 3 showers a day, baby powder moisturizing all that and just stay inside on the couch not moving a muscle. Even then, you will stink. The thing is, I believe something about the drug also alters your ability to smell things, like I mean the way your nose functions. I wouldn't think that much ammonia or methylamine would be sweated out, I couldnt imagine there being THAT much of that inside it even if it hadnt been purified (unless you are smoking literal shake and bake shite by someone with no care).

A bit off topic, but one thing I have noticed. The gear cut with MSM, the same stuff that shows up as tiny little shardlets at the bottom of the spoon that must be crushed up and swirled to dissolve them, the same one that when smoked in a pipe produces no cloud upon exhalation as well as making a packed pipe last a 1/4 of what it should, that stuff is responsible for that tweaked out look IMO, it comes out through the skin like mad that, greasiness and all that. When the MSM is not present, that greasiness is reduced to what a normal person would look like if theyd been working in the garden for a few hours. With the MSM stuff, it just keeps coming out and fucking up ones face like mad, makes ones face look all puffed out and dry.

^I've noticed the same thing. But there are different smells caused by binging on it, and their causes are different. That ammonia odor, methamphetamine itself is an amine, whether a oldschool pseudo type batch or methylamine batch, if the product is properly worked up and purified, ph balanced etc then there should be no difference. All meth makes you stink like shite TBH, unless you take 3 showers a day, baby powder moisturizing all that and just stay inside on the couch not moving a muscle. Even then, you will stink. The thing is, I believe something about the drug also alters your ability to smell things, like I mean the way your nose functions. I wouldn't think that much ammonia or methylamine would be sweated out, I couldnt imagine there being THAT much of that inside it even if it hadnt been purified (unless you are smoking literal shake and bake shite by someone with no care).

A bit off topic, but one thing I have noticed. The gear cut with MSM, the same stuff that shows up as tiny little shardlets at the bottom of the spoon that must be crushed up and swirled to dissolve them, the same one that when smoked in a pipe produces no cloud upon exhalation as well as making a packed pipe last a 1/4 of what it should, that stuff is responsible for that tweaked out look IMO, it comes out through the skin like mad that, greasiness and all that. When the MSM is not present, that greasiness is reduced to what a normal person would look like if theyd been working in the garden for a few hours. With the MSM stuff, it just keeps coming out and fucking up ones face like mad, makes ones face look all puffed out and dry.

I posted some interesting stuff in another thread. I'll recap real quick. I believe that after the combat methamphetamine epidemic act of 2005 the use of ephedrine and pseudo ephedrine in meth cooking was shut down. Swim remembers that in 2004 he didn't notice a meth smell after smoking but in 2005 he began to notice what all of you guys are talking about, an ammonia smell secreted through the skin. After ephedrine was banned cooks started using methylamine to cook meth and methylamine is basically ammonia. Methylamine is not easily expelled by the urinary system so the body gets rid of it through the skin. <snip>
We don't use SWIM and vendor discussion is against the rules, so please read the rules again

After further research, ammonia meth sweats can be mitigated by taking an amino acid that binds to ammonia in order to excrete it out via urine or feces. [Some Health Nut] sells this supplement in powder form and pill form (L-ORNITHINE) that may help. I know a person that works in a hospital setting and when someone's kidneys aren't functioning properly, their ammonia levels become elevated. Rn's have stated that the body will find a way to excrete the ammonia if not by the kidneys thru urine, then thru the skin. I hope this helps. Please post if you have any personal experience on this subject. TY

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing about MSM/methylsulfonyl methane, is it's sold as a supplement, to take by the gram, probably by the same companies that would sell you ornithine to take away the smell of ammonia. A smell that comes from dribbling on yourself when you pee, or not showering for three days. Please shower, tweakers, and change your clothes more often than normal, at least one darkness/lightness cycle.

Yep, that toxic cutting agent that makes you smell like pee miraculously becomes the "miracle supplement" for joints, allergies and gut health, when you change the packaging. You also don't see it on exhalation because it sublimates at a lower temp than meth. It's chemical cousin is DMSO/dimethyl sulfoxide, which is in almost as many consumer products as paracetemol. It's basically a biologically inert solvent for whatever cosmetic or patch or drug you need.

So I went through 250mg of crystal from thursday starting around noon, until this morning where I parachuted a final dose of 50mg. (Saturday)

I didn't sleep thursday night, but I did lay in bed for about 6 hours, and I slept 4 hours last night + lay in bed for a bit as well.

So I'm coming down now, and REAK like ammonia. I already noticed this yesterday, but it's even worse today. I basically smell like fucking cat piss. I know this is caused by ketosis breakdown of protein (muscle) because I have not been eating regularly/ lack of sleep. Basically, my body is breaking down muscle to use as fuel right now, and that leads to a massive increase of ammonia in me (maybe not actual ammonia, but rather the chemical that makes piss smell kinda like ammonia), hence the nasty fucking smells. Or someshit like that, you guys can google it.

But today, I tried my best to eat and drink properly again. I had a few glasses of V8 veggie juice, 2 apples, a piece of chicken, like 6 bottles of water, some rice, and a bunch of whole wheat crackers. Most of that was in the past few hours, and I am already beginning to feel a lot better, but I still smell and taste ammonia pretty damn prominanetely. I've taken like 8 showers since yesterday as well, it almost burns my nose and mouth a little bit when I breath, that is how fucking nasty this shit smells.

Anyways, just looking for info from other people that have experienced this side effect in the past, how long does it generally takes to return back to baseline smell after you stop the meth and start getting normal sleep and eating a proper diet again?

Thanks!
From what I’ve noticed the smell is coming from the insides of my nostrils and not from my sweat or other body parts. It’s very deceiving. I would ask my family and other friends if I would smell of anything and they would always say no. I’m not saying that it could not be excreted from other pores but for me it’s from my nose which makes everything smell like shit. Maybe I’m just crazy but that’s what I have noticed. Kind of hard to tell what I’m smelling if it’s in my nostrils or it’s my bo and I take showers often and even after a shower I still have that smell up in my nose.

Last edited:
You just gotta shower. That's it.

I get this smell on day 2 or 3 of using when I used to binge for days at a time and go through half a gram or more.

Getting clean after taking a shower and scrubbing everything you can reach.

There is definitely a thing behind smelling and being on meth. I don't know exactly what goes on but I definitely know there is a smell associated with meth use, specifically IV meth use I've realised.

I used to believe I and the room I was in smelled strongly of crystal meth after smoking it. I also believed despite my efforts to blow out smoke into a cloth, the room became filled with smoke. I since then have adopted the idea that I am the only person that notices a foul smell on me as are the other users spraying too much fragrance on themselves. TIP: Washing out my nostrils would help the smell go away. Now, I know I think I see smoke everywhere after a hit when there is none.

I have a chronic dependence on methamphetamine. During withdrawals on day 1-3 I am overcome by a strong chemical taste and smell that burns when breathing. The taste/smell changes every withdrawal and is always unpleasant.

I did meth for 7 years, including both ice and "bathtub crank", and I never ever noticed me or anyone else smelling like ammonia, other than after a cook. Maybe you should reevaluate your source.

You'll be back to normal by tomorrow. You should really eat and drink plenty of water when you're on it even if you don't want to, just figure out stuff you can stand to eat on it. For me it was always cereal.
Yogurt and milk too! Soup is good too. Whatever is easy and high in nutrients

From what I’ve noticed the smell is coming from the insides of my nostrils and not from my sweat or other body parts. It’s very deceiving. I would ask my family and other friends if I would smell of anything and they would always say no. I’m not saying that it could not be excreted from other pores but for me it’s from my nose which makes everything smell like shit. Maybe I’m just crazy but that’s what I have noticed. Kind of hard to tell what I’m smelling if it’s in my nostrils or it’s my bo and I take showers often and even after a shower I still have that smell up in my nose.
yea. this.