• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Stimulants High priced meth = favor or exploitation?

cletusSamboy

Bluelighter
Do you people think dealers around Australia selling meth at sky high prices of 400 - 1000 a gram are actually doing their buyers a favor (in terms of health and level of addiction) by making them unable to purchase more with their money?

I'd buy 1g for 800 and once I burned through it I'd have to save over a few weeks to get more unless I purchased individual points in between for $100 each which I regularly did instead of full grams. I found I would be saving money and using less buying it by the point simply because having more on hand would lead to higher use. So because I was unable to afford more I was forced to take regular breaks.

So what do you people reckon? Are these price gouging aussie dealers doing us a favor by charging us more or is it better if meth in australia was like US prices of 500 an ounce or some crazy low prices like that allowing anyone on minimum wage here to blow through a gram per day without burning a hole through the wallet?

@cletusSamboy i think its actually down to the import cost/risk, aren't ALL illegal drugs that require importation to down under a stupid price?

Yeah drugs are expensive due to importation risk but the big importers are still getting in lots and the cost they pay is pretty low compared to street prices. And I've seen prices vary wildly from dealer to dealer, one dealer selling gear for double price in the same area as another, goes to show price gouging is rife down under. Don't even get me started on diverted pharm pills here they are extremely high priced much more than even street drugs. $10 for a 30mg codeine pill.

Last edited:
I kinda understand the high prices for codeine pills In this country, getting a dexpamp or Xanax script is easier than trying to get a lousy pack of codeine, plus the kids think "lean" is cool. Any seasoned opiaite user is not wasting their time or money with codeine but there is definitely a market for overpriced codeine that did not exist when it was OTC....

As for the original question, nah I don't think the ridiculous high prices of meth, heroin etc is a good thing, I think if those drugs were dirt cheap it would have less of an allure

I kinda understand the high prices for codeine pills In this country, getting a dexpamp or Xanax script is easier than trying to get a lousy pack of codeine, plus the kids think "lean" is cool. Any seasoned opiaite user is not wasting their time or money with codeine but there is definitely a market for overpriced codeine that did not exist when it was OTC....

As for the original question, nah I don't think the ridiculous high prices of meth, heroin etc is a good thing, I think if those drugs were dirt cheap it would have less of an allure
I don't see how cheaper drugs could create less of an allure. The rc scene is an example of how cheap products are making it easier to buy large amounts and doesn't seem to be turning people off due to low prices. Legalization would possibly make it less attractive but many times I've knocked back drugs just purely for the outrageous prices I've been quoted.

Mdma down under here seems surprisingly cheap compared to other drugs here at under $200 a g of often high quality rocks.

The ridiculous prices certainly helped me quit (or just use on special party occasions once in a blue moon).

Even buying A+ stuff practically straight off the boat a fram at a time at half the street price per gram it was stupid. I kep thimking of the things I could buy and enjoy with that money instead.

Problem was I used to spend my money on travel (not drugs so much) and during Covid we couldn’t / cannot travel - so I didn’t notice the way I was wasting money so much.

That's insane lol. I pay $20 for a gram here in America. It's definitely good quality meth

It is definitely a cartel operation in Oz keeping meth prices artificially high. Given the thousands of tons of the stuff being produced annually at negligible cost per gram or ounce compared to other drugs imported into Australia like MDMA or Ketamine which are half the price.

Same with coke in the US. The price per gram has barely shifted in 30 years mo matter happens with produxtion levels or demand levels.

That's insane lol. I pay $20 for a gram here in America. It's definitely good quality meth
If the cost in Aus was 20 a g most people could easily afford a g a day whereas most users I know here tend to be g per week. A gram of crack (hard to find) in Aus will set you back often $1200.

If the cost in Aus was 20 a g most people could easily afford a g a day whereas most users I know here tend to be g per week. A gram of crack (hard to find) in Aus will set you back often $1200.
I ended up at a g a day on every binge longer than a week or two, even at local prices. I don;’t think I even spent as much money on coke when I was shooting that up a few decades ago. I’ve never even seen crack in Australia or heard of anyone selling it. The only time I came across it was once in London about 10 years when I asked this shifty Russian kid if he could help me score some coke. He came back with a couple of rocks for next to nothing and I was pissed off because I couldn’t shoot it - until he told me how to convert it back into something shootable. In retrospect I really wished I’d smashed the crack that night when I had the choice. But the Russian hit up some smack and passed out in the stairwell of his housing block so I wandered off after making sure he wasn’t turning blue.

The exorbitant price of meth has saved me from the hellish grips of addiction. I can only ever afford a couple of points a fortnight and never more than that. Thank fucking god I don't live in America because my addiction was bad enough for me.

The exorbitant price of meth has saved me from the hellish grips of addiction. I can only ever afford a couple of points a fortnight and never more than that. Thank fucking god I don't live in America because my addiction was bad enough for me.
The funny thing is when I start on a binge I only have a point on day one and have an excellent time. But if I push on the daily dose rises exponentially. It’s fun if you only buy a point once a month once a month or so and just have a big night.

The funny thing is when I start on a binge I only have a point on day one and have an excellent time. But if I push on the daily dose rises exponentially. It’s fun if you only buy a point once a month once a month or so and just have a big night.
Yeah I went a bit hard over Xmas between Thursday and Sunday (around 6p all up) and fucked my tolerance. So now I have to wait weeks. But my dexamphetamine script should be approved this week so problem solvered, as they say.