• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How come Kratom makes more high than oxycontin??

ItsclearlyFake

Bluelighter
Since until recently I had going on a kratom daily habit, I stopped recently and I managed to do 6 days without it (last Sunday was the last dose). Then I did on Wednesday 20mg oxy, and then the Saturday another 20mg to see if maybe with more days that have passed since kratom it would finally make me high. It did close to nothing. Now tonight 6 days since my last kratom dose, I do 4gr of red strain and puts me almost nodding.

So what is happening here? Kratom has hijacked opiate receptors Lol so I can't get high on any other opiate except it? I guess its because 6 days its not enough to the cross tolerance to fade?

Edit: They are oxycontin extended release. So I know they are not as "fire" as immediate release. But still, I can't believe oxy is this lame in terms of euphoria. It has to be the kratom...

Since until recently I had going on a kratom daily habit, I stopped recently and I managed to do 6 days without it (last Sunday was the last dose). Then I did on Wednesday 20mg oxy, and then the Saturday another 20mg to see if maybe with more days that have passed since kratom it would finally make me high. It did close to nothing. Now tonight 6 days since my last kratom dose, I do 4gr of red strain and puts me almost nodding.

So what is happening here? Kratom has hijacked opiate receptors Lol so I can't get high on any other opiate except it? I guess its because 6 days its not enough to the cross tolerance to fade?

Edit: They are oxycontin extended release. So I know they are not as "fire" as immediate release. But still, I can't believe oxy is this lame in terms of euphoria. It has to be the kratom...
I would say it sounds like there may be another opioid in the kratom. It's pretty unusual to nod on 4g.

Also, a 20mg oxycontin these days is pretty tame. Think of it like taking a single 10 mg of instant release and then six hours later another single 10mg. That's pretty light for most people.

I would say it sounds like there may be another opioid in the kratom. It's pretty unusual to nod on 4g.

Also, a 20mg oxycontin these days is pretty tame. Think of it like taking a single 10 mg of instant release and then six hours later another single 10mg. That's pretty light for most people.
I see. I'll try then with 40mg next time! I heard they put some weird agents on it nowdays so can't easily abuse it ? Is that what you mean with that nowdays 20mg is pretty tame?

And nope, there's nothing else in the kratom. It's a pretty legit, well known vendor in Europe the one I use. And I've tried different vendors and with little tolerance I've always catched great highs on it.

This is quite normalish. Sometimes people find kratom to be "more euphoric" even though it lacks the true feel good alkloids that painkillers give. In time you probably will find the kratom to become weaker and weaker/lack the urge to redose as much as oxy,

Its like even when you reach the point of oxycodone just never feeling good anymore regardless of the massive doses--you still end up craving the oxy more than anything (unlike kratom where at this point it does not even deliver any positive effects for myself besides combatting RLS withdrawal). I don't think the kratom euphoria will be that strong soon enough if you keep taking it for extended time periods though.

Yeah extended release 20mg, I'm guessing it's an OP on one side of the pill? If so yeah you can't really break it down(there is says but it's a pain might as well just keep in mouth until it's ready to bite in half and maybe even again before consuming it entirely, they are weak but I'd take a 40mg OP and would appreciate the feeling. On a good day it would be 30mg IR(and RX from pharmacy)and then maybe shortly after I snort another and then maybe 2 or 4 hours later on to the 3rd that's 90mg but yeah 60-120mg of IR oxy seems to be the best for me but tolerance is a bitch.

Kratom really doesn't do shit for me except using it as maintenance..I need to try the extracts, also instead of smoke shop Kratom..I should order online and pray that it will be potent but yeah I'm surprised that you feel this way. What kind if Kratom are you taking? Either way yeah 20mg OP's may not do much as far as euphoria because its extended.

Don't get me wrong I would say my sweet spot dose for OP ER oxy would be 40mg to 80mg. The 60 or 80s smack pretty well. And last longer.

Probably posted already but ime kratom has more than an opioid effect on our bodies.

Weirdly, kratom, though it is quite a weak opioid, produces a ton of opiate tolerance in me.
Me too. i had a 100 gram a day kratom habit the one and only time that I tried shooting heroin (if it was heroin...it was white).

i was able to shoot a whole point and not get sick. I was high though. It just reminded me of doing oxy.

There's no way I would shoot a whole point now. I'd be a dead duck.

Yeah extended release 20mg, I'm guessing it's an OP on one side of the pill? If so yeah you can't really break it down(there is says but it's a pain might as well just keep in mouth until it's ready to bite in half and maybe even again before consuming it entirely, they are weak but I'd take a 40mg OP and would appreciate the feeling. On a good day it would be 30mg IR(and RX from pharmacy)and then maybe shortly after I snort another and then maybe 2 or 4 hours later on to the 3rd that's 90mg but yeah 60-120mg of IR oxy seems to be the best for me but tolerance is a bitch.

Kratom really doesn't do shit for me except using it as maintenance..I need to try the extracts, also instead of smoke shop Kratom..I should order online and pray that it will be potent but yeah I'm surprised that you feel this way. What kind if Kratom are you taking? Either way yeah 20mg OP's may not do much as far as euphoria because its extended.

Don't get me wrong I would say my sweet spot dose for OP ER oxy would be 40mg to 80mg. The 60 or 80s smack pretty well. And last longer.
Thanks for the reply. Very informative. But if your doses are right then oxy it's ridiculously expensive lol. (More than I initially thought).

I used to take green and red kratom, then last year switched to only fermented red, which would give me less of a hangover and would be less stimulant. But on a green veins is where I usually would find euphoria. In reds only sleepy and at good days a slight nod

It could have something to do with your unique biology. For instance, someone with a very powerful CYP2d6 enzyme might say to his friends, "hey Codeine is like the strongest hit I've ever had man" while his friends scratch their heads at what they perceive to be a miniscule buzz. This is the magic of our varied physiologies. There are people who are unaffected by Morphine at any dose. There are people who could easily overdose on Codeine from the chemist and everything in between. The pharmaceutical industry is built upon a foundation of trying to figure out what is the same in most people, most of the time. It's not designed to service that .1% of the population with a strange polymorphism.

So, like how I always wished I was one of those lucky cats with a powerful CYP2D6, maybe you're just lucky and the relatively, subjectively mild Opioid Kratom/Mitragynine gives you the scratch behind the ears you're after.

For sure dosage related, but as many others pointed out, unique substance that has a different array of effects when compared to traditional opioids such as Oxycodone.

You're lucky, I never got much out of kratom (any dosage up to 25g). I just feel the secondary effects of it like serotonin antagonism. Still using it from time to time but only because I can't get better drugs at the moment.

Opioid effects between the different opioid/opiate substances varies significantly. There are three main opioid receptors in your CNS, the mu, delta and kappa.

All three of these receptors have endogenous ligands, meaning they release dopamine into the nervous system and produce a feeling of 'reward' which leads to the euphoria we all love and abuse. Suprisingly these opioid receptors do not have cross tolerance and actually act differently depending on the opiate/opioid compound.
  1. Tramadol:
    1. acts via MOP agonism only
    2. can cause seizures
    3. is a natural alkaloid
    4. is a phenylpiperidine derivative
    5. inhibits serotonin reuptake
  2. Morphine has:
    1. an immediate peak analgesic effect
    2. potent metabolites
    3. a high first-pass metabolism
    4. an analgesic effect that can be reversed with naloxone
    5. no activity at MOP receptors
  3. Side-effects commonly encountered with opioids include:
    1. increased respiratory rate
    2. nausea and vomiting
    3. diarrhoea
    4. dilated pupils
    5. depression of airway reflexes

Opioid receptors:
  1. are G-protein coupled
  2. are exclusively found in the central nervous system
  3. the nociceptin receptor is considered a non-opioid branch of the opioid receptor family
  4. stimulation may produce analgesia
  5. all have endogenous ligands
(Pathan H, Williams J. Basic opioid pharmacology: an update. Br J Pain. 2012 Feb;6(1):11-6. doi: 10.1177/2049463712438493. PMID: 26516461; PMCID: PMC4590096.)

So the high you get from Kratom is acting chemically different to the high you get from oxycodone (by the way a proper preface is to mention that oxycodone converts to oxymorphone which binds specifically to the mu opioid recetor and activates it. It does not bind the kappa or delta receptors)
However, a study has shown that Kratom alkaloids do bind the to kappa receptor which creates a different subjective effect which you refer to.

(Ellis CR, Racz R, Kruhlak NL, Kim MT, Zakharov AV, Southall N, Hawkins EG, Burkhart K, Strauss DG, Stavitskaya L. Evaluating kratom alkaloids using PHASE. PLoS One. 2020 Mar 3;15(3):e0229646. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0229646. PMID: 32126112; PMCID: PMC7053747.)

In short, it all comes down to your biological makeup in regard to your CNS reward pathways and the density of mu, kappa, delta opioid receptors that you specically have, and the method of action of these alkaloids and metabolites of the opiates/opioids which you metabolise.

Hope I could help, have a great day!

Slow release oxycontin are commonly famous for not breaking down all the way to the shitter

An update: Today I took 20mg (just 1 pill) and it finally hit harder than ever before. Might be the kratom tolerance, since today it has been the most days since I haven't taken any

Ir release Oxy made me believe never did what Kratom did. I guess its pretty weak in the provided dosage. So one can take 15 mg Oxy, but feel nauseated by the 3 gram Kratom.

Ime no match Kratom is way stronger.

Kratom is stronger for me but the effect it produces is way different than oxycodone it just cant touch it euphoria wise in fact if I up the kratom dosage enough I get acute dysphoria coupled with nauseau ; all in all for me Kratoms only redeeming virtue is that its legal and way cheaper than oxycodone . Seriously I think Kratom is barely more recreational than Loperamide.