• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

How do I recrystalize mdma after testing? - camping at a festival

liquidbassmonkey

Greenlighter
I’m attending a music festival soon and I’ll be testing all of my drugs. Diluting the whole batch and using fentanyl test strips. I’d rather be safe than sorry with all the fentanyl cases recently. I’ll be at my campsite, so I can’t use an oven as the test strips recommend. What’s the easiest/quickest way to get my mdma recrystalized? I’ve read a little about double boiling but would love some more insight.

Here are a few tips and options.

Try to use as little solvent as you can.

If you have an ice box or a mini fridge for beer and stuff you could use it to recrystilise a saturated solution. (Ofc dont dump your molly into the ice bath)

You could just do volumetric dosing. Let's say you have a gram of molly and you use 100 ml of water to desolve it, that would be a solution of 10mg/ml of water. So for a 100mg dose that would be 10ml of solution. just remember to keep the ratio a known quantity and label the molly bottle or if you have one use an amber dropper (that's labelled.).

Idk how fent test strips work but you also could use an organic solvent to desolve it molly so it will evaporate quicker. Dont put the evap dish with flammable liquid near to fire btw or like in a tent. This might effect the taste of the molly tho.

I don't want to be anti- harm reduction here, but is this necessary? Is fentanyl in mdma common? I have always heard of reagent tests to identify different empathogen/stimulant blends (and those typically are done with the drugs in solid form).

Also, if I were you, I would keep the chemistry at your campsite to a minimup. I could see people not being super comfortable with the smell of evaporating organic solvents. Even cooking the water off on a plate would be something I'd not want too many people seeing me doing at a festival. Recrystalizing it via cold temperatures would be more subtle, but there will always be the fraction of mdma saturating the solution that doesn't crystalize out, making this technique kind of lossy if you are just doing one run.

If you want to homogenize the molly to test it (which is good practice when performing analysis; especially for things likely to contain ultra potent cuts like heroin cut with fentanyl), I would dissolve it in a known amount of water, and then dose it using an oral syringe.

Here are a few tips and options.

Try to use as little solvent as you can.

If you have an ice box or a mini fridge for beer and stuff you could use it to recrystilise a saturated solution. (Ofc dont dump your molly into the ice bath)

You could just do volumetric dosing. Let's say you have a gram of molly and you use 100 ml of water to desolve it, that would be a solution of 10mg/ml of water. So for a 100mg dose that would be 10ml of solution. just remember to keep the ratio a known quantity and label the molly bottle or if you have one use an amber dropper (that's labelled.).

Idk how fent test strips work but you also could use an organic solvent to desolve it molly so it will evaporate quicker. Dont put the evap dish with flammable liquid near to fire btw or like in a tent. This might effect the taste of the molly tho.

MDMA gives false positives for fentanyl over 2mg/ml, therefore you cannot use "as little solvent as you can", nor can one test a saturated solution. Organic solvents also prevent fentanyl strips from working.

Liquidbassmonkey, I would question whether you actually need to test all of it. Fentanyl contamination of MDMA is not common and if you grind it down to a homogenous powder then you are likely to get a representative test result from a small sample.

If you are set on testing all of your sample, I can't think of any sensible way to do it other than testing it weeks in advance and letting it evaporate at home.

Alternatively, the suggestion of volumetric dosing is a very good one, you would need to dissolve about 1000mg per 100mL and then you can add 1mL of that to 10mL of water for your fentanyl test. You can later consume 10mL of the solution to have 100mg. You can measure it using a large syringe (from ebay).

I’m attending a music festival soon and I’ll be testing all of my drugs. Diluting the whole batch and using fentanyl test strips. I’d rather be safe than sorry with all the fentanyl cases recently. I’ll be at my campsite, so I can’t use an oven as the test strips recommend. What’s the easiest/quickest way to get my mdma recrystalized? I’ve read a little about double boiling but would love some more insight.

Fentanyl citrate is slightly soluble in ether. MDMA hydrochloride is insoluble in ether. You can just wash your MDMA with ether multiple times and it will wash away the fentanyl. Ether boils at approximately 98.2° which means it'll evaporate at room temperature pretty easily. Or you can use a hair dryer on low from across the tent, you don't want either fumes being ignited by the element in the hair dryer.

Slightly soluble isn't really an issue because you're going to use enough ether to completely soak your MDMA, and any few milligrams of fentanyl citrate will easily be dissolved. Wash it two or three times, and let it sit in the ether for a while. The MDMA will not dissolve. However, cut, fentanyl, and things you thought were MDMA, but maybe weren't might dissolve as well.

Oh yeah, multiple coffee filters so you don't lose your MDMA.

I don't know if the fentanyl test strips will be bothered by the ether or not. It'll be a shame to wash the MDMA and not test the leftover ether.

Easy peasy. Lemon squeezy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fentanyl citrate is slightly soluble in ether. MDMA hydrochloride is insoluble in ether. You can just wash your MDMA with ether multiple times and it will wash away the fentanyl. Ether boils at approximately 98.2° which means it'll evaporate at room temperature pretty easily. Or you can use a hair dryer on low from across the tent, you don't want either fumes being ignited by the element in the hair dryer.

Slightly soluble isn't really an issue because you're going to use enough ether to completely soak your MDMA, and any few milligrams of fentanyl citrate will easily be dissolved. Wash it two or three times, and let it sit in the ether for a while. The MDMA will not dissolve. However, cut, fentanyl, and things you thought were MDMA, but maybe weren't might dissolve as well.

Oh yeah, multiple coffee filters so you don't lose your MDMA.

I don't know if the fentanyl test strips will be bothered by the ether or not. It'll be a shame to wash the MDMA and not test the leftover ether.

Easy peasy. Lemon squeezy.
I wouldn't recommend using heat to evaporate ether in an enclosed space like a tent.

I've never heard of fentanyl being in mdma.

I wouldn't recommend using heat to evaporate ether in an enclosed space like a tent.

I've never heard of fentanyl being in mdma.
I was just giving the guy some options.

Apparently he's going to dissolve the whole bag of MDMA on the outside chance that it has fentanyl in it. Although that possibly presents issues because the water I suppose he was going to use will dilute the fentanyl if there's not much and might not test dirty.

Hence, my solution of multiple solvents.

That's why I said across the tent. I guess I should have been clear, like outside.

The hair dryer on low temp wouldn't have raised the ambient temperature more than a few degrees, which is all you need. We just wanted to get to about 90. Probably safer to wait but...