• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine How do I stop grinding my teeth when I smoke crack

PrincessCrizzack

Bluelighter
it hurts and I never used to do this
I don't have ANY cavities and I'm not missing any teeth.
I am the last person in my smoking group that is like this
I don't wanna lose my teeth too! how can I keep it this way?
I been smoking for 4 years and I'm 30 yrs old

Magnesium is the usual recommendation but it's tricky because of a horribly long half life of more than a month which means you're taking every day just a little and this builds up until you have the desired effects after thirty days of supplementation. Also even pharmacies sell usually the wrong salts, like Mg oxide which is just a laxative, most of it can't be taken up.

I'd bet that dissociatives will help as well but besides memantine they all come with a robust trip.

Errhm. Careful with crack, thst drug is very insidious.
Before u know it, u gonna want to smoke every night till u run out of money.
Thst drug is fkn garbage.

it hurts and I never used to do this
I don't have ANY cavities and I'm not missing any teeth.
I am the last person in my smoking group that is like this
I don't wanna lose my teeth too! how can I keep it this way?
I been smoking for 4 years and I'm 30 yrs old
OT: as long as you have a good oral hygiene and don't do it very often, you'll be fine.

I have good oral hygiene but when I do smoke I don't stop (its been a while but I can go a week straight high and without sleep - it ain't good)

I know.. :/ I've already been homeless because of it
That's the only drug that ive been super psychologically attached to it. I smoked 2-5g a day the first 3 months of the pandemic.
Well....I live in Perú, cocaine is utter cheap and fkn abundant here so that's why. But still lay off the pipe while u can before it grabs u, that shit won't let u go til yre homeless again.
There's not even a high from it, the high from crack is wanting more crack and that cycle repeats til ure super fucked up

Anything that has antagonistic effects on L-Glutmate receptors or blocks the transportation of Glutamate from the Astrocyte into the Glutamatergic neurons such as Magnesium Glycinate and L-Theanine.

Mild GABA-A receptor agonists like Taurine may help as well.

I don't use Cocaine, only basic Amphetamines. But I've never suffered the physical effects like others have by using these types of supplements daily.

I have good oral hygiene but when I do smoke I don't stop (its been a while but I can go a week straight high and without sleep - it ain't good)
Yeah I can see the references of crack in your profile. You really like the shit, well you're a grown up and I can only advise u but its ur decision in the end. Just try to control urself(altho that shit is extremely hard to do) only the first few hits are good, then you're just smoking to avoid the inevitable comedown. So not worth it.
Anyway just be safe and try to apply harm reduction as much as you can. Good luck

@Frazzled1990 I read that l-theanine is a mild NMDA agonist, don't remember where but it was a pubmed paper. Tried it from low to ultra high dose, absolutely no effects. Mg Glycinate is what I'd recommend too. Interesting that taurine is a GABA-A agonist, maybe I need to give that a try.

I had teeth grinding from methylphenidate pretty badly, been off stims for long time but I have to get some again given how bad my ADD became. Cocaine is pharmacologically similar to methylphenidate plus serotonergic effects.

@Frazzled1990 I read that l-theanine is a mild NMDA agonist, don't remember where but it was a pubmed paper. Tried it from low to ultra high dose, absolutely no effects. Mg Glycinate is what I'd recommend too. Interesting that taurine is a GABA-A agonist, maybe I need to give that a try.

I had teeth grinding from methylphenidate pretty badly, been off stims for long time but I have to get some again given how bad my ADD became. Cocaine is pharmacologically similar to methylphenidate plus serotonergic effects.

It's odd, but there seems to be conflicting information in regards to whether L-Theanine is an agonist or antagonist on the NMDA receptors. What I do know is that it acts as a partial transporter blocker from the Astrocyte cells to the Glutamatergic neurons. This would lead to more Glutamate being sent to the GABAergic neurons instead and being converted into GABA through the GAD process. It could be that L-Theanine is indeed an agonist on NMDA receptor sites which is why it stimulates Dopamine release, while simultaneously boosting GABA levels, stimulating Serotonin release as well.

Taurine is a very mild GABA-A receptor agonist, but from what i've read, it also acts as a booster to the GAD process, aiding Glutamate's decarboxylation into GABA. I would certainly recommend it over Benzodiazepines which would certainly offer immediate relief in the short term, but with long term implications.

Methylphenidate and Cocaine are both Dopamine and Norepinephrine Re-uptake Inhibitors. Cocaine just reaches the nervous system much faster and as such, has considerably more potent effects on the reuptake channels compared to Methylphenidate with a much shorter duration of effect. It may also lead to the rapid up-regulation of Re-uptake Channels, requiring higher doses over time to block the increasing amount of channels.

Yeah I can see the references of crack in your profile. You really like the shit, well you're a grown up and I can only advise u but its ur decision in the end. Just try to control urself(altho that shit is extremely hard to do) only the first few hits are good, then you're just smoking to avoid the inevitable comedown. So not worth it.
Anyway just be safe and try to apply harm reduction as much as you can. Good luck
oh that I can never deny lol. I'm OBSESSED with it and I hate that about myself :/ my longest without it is 3 months so far

It's odd, but there seems to be conflicting information in regards to whether L-Theanine is an agonist or antagonist on the NMDA receptors.
Yeah, weird how there's such conflicting info for a few substances. Tells me these guys behind the papers make mistakes too. If I'm right, the discovery of dopamine itself isn't that old either, before it wasn't seen as an independent transmitter. Agmatine might be the endogenous NMDAr antagonist, somewhere it was proposed as an transporter on its own..

Cocaine and the phenidates seem to be inverse agonists at the transporters, pure RIs don't lead to acute increase in transporter output due to autoreceptors, see SSRIs.

Interesting about the glutamate output from astrocytes etc..! GAD process, seems to be a target of pregabalin as well, it increases GABAergic transmission through up regulating that.

Oh, yeah - weak agonists and antagonists at NMDAr might even share some effects, see D-serine which is a weak agonist and has antidepressive qualities much like antagonists.

OT guess I should be happy never to having used crack cocaine. I had a short honeymoon with alpha-PVP which got me doing manic stuff when overdosed but only intranasal which must make a big difference to smoked or even injected..

Yeah, weird how there's such conflicting info for a few substances. Tells me these guys behind the papers make mistakes too. If I'm right, the discovery of dopamine itself isn't that old either, before it wasn't seen as an independent transmitter.

Cocaine and the phenidates seem to be inverse agonists at the transporters, pure RIs don't lead to acute increase in transporter output due to autoreceptors, see SSRIs.

Interesting about the glutamate output from astrocytes etc..! GAD process, seems to be a target of pregabalin as well, it increases GABAergic transmission through up regulating that.

Yep, there are just as many conflicting studies into supplements as there are with prescription pharmaceuticals and street substances.

I think not too long ago, all the Catecholamine neurotransmitters were considered one neurotransmitter. When the use of L-DOPA came into the frame, it became apparent that L-DOPA to Dopamine was just one step in the process. They then discovered that Dopamine could be synthesised into another neurotransmitter Norepinephrine and then Norepinephrine into Epinephrine.

Admittedly my understanding of re-uptake inhibitors and their different types is a little rusty.

Most people are surprised when they find out that the brains primary excitatory neurotransmitter (Glutamate) also acts as the pre-cursor for the brains inhibitory neurotransmitter (GABA). Although it makes perfect sense when you think about it. Both neurotransmitters reliance on one another plays a key role in maintaining a healthy balance in brain activity. Too much Glutamate activity and not enough GABA activity would trigger Tonic Clonic Seizures and too much GABA activity and not enough Glutamate activity would result in respiratory depression and coma. I find it fascinating how the brain's intricate design works to maintain balance.