• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe How long after last Suboxone dose can I take Hydrocodone?

SuperPsych

Bluelighter
Apologies if this has been asked and answered but I had no luck finding it with the search.

I've been on Suboxone for a while now. Like at least a year, maybe close to 2 years. I had been up to 16mg and have tapered myself to 2-4mg a day depending on how I was feeling. Usually 2mg. I've been at 4mg or less daily for at least a month or 2. Well at this dose I have found it impossible to drop my dose at all without quite a bit of discomfort. I am sick and tired of being on Suboxone. I'm tired of the constant appointments, tired of the side effects, tired of the effects its had on my mental state and I am eager to hop off. After a couple of months of trying to get my dose down from 2mg and having no luck, I said screw it and stopped taking my Suboxone and started using Kratom.

I've been sitting on some Hydrocodone from a dentist appointment for a while but haven't taken them because of the Suboxone. I am pretty set on taking them. Stupid decision, I know, but I am set on being done with opioids. I have no source for pharmaceuticals and have no intention on fucking with street drugs with the fentanyl going around. I'd be lying if I said i didnt want to feel a proper opioid buzz before stopping completely.

I am now on day 5 of no Suboxone, maybe day 4? I have been using 10-15g of kratom a day to help the suboxone WD and its been pretty smooth. Kratom has always been hard to taper for me, so my intention is to use Kratom for a week or 2, then re-induce Suboxone using the Bernese method. Gonna start with .25mg or less of Suboxone a day for a few days, go up to .5mg a day if I need too, and then taper down over 1 or 2 weeks to .0625mg per day for a couple days and then hopping off. Currently using Kratom as the Suboxone works its way out of my system a bit and then hopping back on a much smaller dose so I can speed up this process.

I've read somewhere that for healthy people who take suboxone, their levels are usually undetectable after 5-8 days or so. I'm sure that I still have some in my system but since I've been on 2mg or so for a month or two, I imagine my levels have dropped a lot. I've also heard of people who use Suboxone daily at 2mg and then use a full agonist 12 hours after their dose and get some effect still.

I know if I want full effects from the Hydro I should wait probably at least a week, but I'm not too concerned with feeling full effects. I'd be fine with a light buzz. I'm an addict and don't intend on getting rid of good drugs, but still want them used up before I restart my suboxone taper. Anyone have any experience or anything? Would it be possible to cop a buzz off of Hydro after being off of subs for 5 days or so?

Also, would there be any risk of physical harm? Trace amounts of Suboxone still in my system, 6g of Kratom earlier today and 600mg of Phenibut last night. Not extreme doses, but would adding 10mg of Hydrocodone risk overdose? I doubt it would as the doses are low and I've been using opioids of one form or the other for most of my adult life with some breaks here and there, but I'm really cautious when it comes to depressants

Last edited:
What kratom are you using? I'm trying to get off suboxone and have tapered but I need something to help me take none for at least the first 5-7 days. I've been told kratom could help.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered but I had no luck finding it with the search.

I've been on Suboxone for a while now. Like at least a year, maybe close to 2 years. I had been up to 16mg and have tapered myself to 2-4mg a day depending on how I was feeling. Usually 2mg. I've been at 4mg or less daily for at least a month or 2. Well at this dose I have found it impossible to drop my dose at all without quite a bit of discomfort. I am sick and tired of being on Suboxone. I'm tired of the constant appointments, tired of the side effects, tired of the effects its had on my mental state and I am eager to hop off. After a couple of months of trying to get my dose down from 2mg and having no luck, I said screw it and stopped taking my Suboxone and started using Kratom.

I've been sitting on some Hydrocodone from a dentist appointment for a while but haven't taken them because of the Suboxone. I am pretty set on taking them. Stupid decision, I know, but I am set on being done with opioids. I have no source for pharmaceuticals and have no intention on fucking with street drugs with the fentanyl going around. I'd be lying if I said i didnt want to feel a proper opioid buzz before stopping completely.

I am now on day 5 of no Suboxone, maybe day 4? I have been using 10-15g of kratom a day to help the suboxone WD and its been pretty smooth. Kratom has always been hard to taper for me, so my intention is to use Kratom for a week or 2, then re-induce Suboxone using the Bernese method. Gonna start with .25mg or less of Suboxone a day for a few days, go up to .5mg a day if I need too, and then taper down over 1 or 2 weeks to .0625mg per day for a couple days and then hopping off. Currently using Kratom as the Suboxone works its way out of my system a bit and then hopping back on a much smaller dose so I can speed up this process.

I've read somewhere that for healthy people who take suboxone, their levels are usually undetectable after 5-8 days or so. I'm sure that I still have some in my system but since I've been on 2mg or so for a month or two, I imagine my levels have dropped a lot. I've also heard of people who use Suboxone daily at 2mg and then use a full agonist 12 hours after their dose and get some effect still.

I know if I want full effects from the Hydro I should wait probably at least a week, but I'm not too concerned with feeling full effects. I'd be fine with a light buzz. I'm an addict and don't intend on getting rid of good drugs, but still want them used up before I restart my suboxone taper. Anyone have any experience or anything? Would it be possible to cop a buzz off of Hydro after being off of subs for 5 days or so?

Also, would there be any risk of physical harm? Trace amounts of Suboxone still in my system, 6g of Kratom earlier today and 600mg of Phenibut last night. Not extreme doses, but would adding 10mg of Hydrocodone risk overdose? I doubt it would as the doses are low and I've been using opioids of one form or the other for most of my adult life with some breaks here and there, but I'm really cautious when it comes to depressants
Id say a couple days but youll have to just do it, then tell us what happened.

Id say a couple days but youll have to just do it, then tell us what happened.
I don't remember exactly how long, but I waited at least 3 or 4 days after my last Suboxone dose and felt very very minimal effects from 25mg of Hydrocodone. I wish I had waited longer but I really had a hankering