• Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

How long does bromazepam last/work (not 'half life')

Kdem

Bluelighter
How long does bromazepam last/work (not 'half life') ?

Any particular properties ? It is highly addictive, like lorazepam, or much less so ?

Burnt Offerings

Bluelighter
A couple hours, iirc?

I remember liking bromazepam and thinking that it felt like "long lasting xanax" (best way I can describe it). Not much hypnotic effect until you dose past 12 mgs

Kdem

Bluelighter
When I used to word 'addictive' I referred to an intense physical dependency, which developed quickly with lorazepam. And I didn't take it for 'fun', no offense intended.

Thanks for that source. I could ask for a relative 'duration of action' compared to diazepam ? Does it feel like it acts longer or shorter ?

Any other sources/experiences ?

kleinerkiffer

Bluelight Crew
Thanks for that source. I could ask for a relative 'duration of action' compared to diazepam ? Does it feel like it acts longer or shorter ?

Even though diazepam has a pretty long half life the duration of action is comparatively short, for some people just an hour or two, so without personal experience I'd say bromazepam will last longer

Kdem

Bluelighter
I did try a single dose of bromazepam, 12 mg. Ultimately for tapering purposes, but this was a test. Physical dependence on clonazepam.

Notable differences.

Strong muscle relaxing effects, much more so than with diazepam. It also seems to act longer ('duration of action') than diazepam. EDIT: this seemed to be the case at first. However, after about 4 hours it seems to do relatively little.
My concern: possibly relatively strong hypnotic effects (?)/sedative effects (?), hypothermia.

I recall that hypothermia when I first started lorazepam at 2 mg BID, early 2015.
I was fine in the beginning. Then, tolerance, dependence set in and it ultimately became a disaster.

So I'm not quite sure why I am experiencing that hypothermia. But the last thing I want is further GABA downregulation/ a harsh physical dependence like with lorazepam. At the end, lorazepam was a weak, crude and short acting drug, quite different from my initial experience.

Experiences with lorazepam vs. bromazepam withdrawal ? Does bromazepam feel like a hypnotic for you ? Lorazepam was halfway to a hypnotic.

It's very hard to find Ki values for bromazepam. I'm not sure, maybe ADD material ?

Last edited:

Kdem

Bluelighter
It's a bit odd. It would have a medium to long duration of action.

It seems it is highly lipophilic, much like diazepam. It didn't last that long. I'm still on clonazepam.
But now I can still feel the bromazepam or possibly its metabolite, obviously being released from fatty tissues.
The 'hangover' feels worse than diazepam. So far the 'subjective' report.

I had not expected this.