• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

How long does bromazepam last/work (not 'half life')

Kdem

Bluelighter
How long does bromazepam last/work (not 'half life') ?

Any particular properties ? It is highly addictive, like lorazepam, or much less so ?

A couple hours, iirc?

I remember liking bromazepam and thinking that it felt like "long lasting xanax" (best way I can describe it). Not much hypnotic effect until you dose past 12 mgs

I think I once read duration of action is like 5-8 hours, but I can't find the source

When I used to word 'addictive' I referred to an intense physical dependency, which developed quickly with lorazepam. And I didn't take it for 'fun', no offense intended.

Thanks for that source. I could ask for a relative 'duration of action' compared to diazepam ? Does it feel like it acts longer or shorter ?

Any other sources/experiences ?

Thanks for that source. I could ask for a relative 'duration of action' compared to diazepam ? Does it feel like it acts longer or shorter ?

Even though diazepam has a pretty long half life the duration of action is comparatively short, for some people just an hour or two, so without personal experience I'd say bromazepam will last longer

I did try a single dose of bromazepam, 12 mg. Ultimately for tapering purposes, but this was a test. Physical dependence on clonazepam.

Notable differences.

Strong muscle relaxing effects, much more so than with diazepam. It also seems to act longer ('duration of action') than diazepam. EDIT: this seemed to be the case at first. However, after about 4 hours it seems to do relatively little.
My concern: possibly relatively strong hypnotic effects (?)/sedative effects (?), hypothermia.

I recall that hypothermia when I first started lorazepam at 2 mg BID, early 2015.
I was fine in the beginning. Then, tolerance, dependence set in and it ultimately became a disaster.

So I'm not quite sure why I am experiencing that hypothermia. But the last thing I want is further GABA downregulation/ a harsh physical dependence like with lorazepam. At the end, lorazepam was a weak, crude and short acting drug, quite different from my initial experience.

Experiences with lorazepam vs. bromazepam withdrawal ? Does bromazepam feel like a hypnotic for you ? Lorazepam was halfway to a hypnotic.

It's very hard to find Ki values for bromazepam. I'm not sure, maybe ADD material ?

Last edited:
It's a bit odd. It would have a medium to long duration of action.

It seems it is highly lipophilic, much like diazepam. It didn't last that long. I'm still on clonazepam.
But now I can still feel the bromazepam or possibly its metabolite, obviously being released from fatty tissues.
The 'hangover' feels worse than diazepam. So far the 'subjective' report.

I had not expected this.