• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin How long to hold heroin in lungs - why is there no straight answer?

menidiatis

Bluelighter
We know from scientific data, smoking weed 3 seconds absorb all THC, holding the smoke more is only damage.

We know from the street, smoking crack hold it in as long as possible. Smoking synthe cannabinoids I can confirm every extra second you hold it in you get higher.

But there seems to be no straight answer regarding heroin. Can't find answer on the forum, can't find scientific paper.

And even from experience I can't tell honestly. Unlike crack, even if I hold heroin for very long, I still blow large amounts of vapor (which I presume are all the cuts). I can't tell for sure if I get higher by holdin hits longer.

Fellow dragon chasers, how long do you hold the vapor in your lungs? And do you feel a difference when you hold it longer?

Can we finally agree on an answer sothat we avoid wasting our precious Heroin but also avoid damaging unecessarily our precious lungs?

Personally, I hold in the 15-30s range.

chinup

✨ Your Fantasy ✨ Senior Moderator: EADD, H&R, S&T
Staff member
there would not be a scientific paper because such testing would need to get past an ethics panel, which it would not. i'm surprised its been done for thc tbh, is that in humans or an animal model?

when i was doing dark i held it in for as long as i could but i also did not give two shits about my health. honestly, the length of time its in your lungs for will be having a negligible impact compared to the fact you are smoking fucking heroin in the first place.

do remember that deprivation of oxygen has its own impact which will be more noticeable in drugs that hit you quicker (i.e. crack) but might produce a placebo effect for any inhaled drugs.

menidiatis

Bluelighter
I used to just hold it in as long as I could
Thanks for the answer! Did you ever experiment with different times to see if you felt a difference?

there would not be a scientific paper because such testing would need to get past an ethics panel, which it would not. i'm surprised its been done for thc tbh, is that in humans or an animal model?

when i was doing dark i held it in for as long as i could but i also did not give two shits about my health. honestly, the length of time its in your lungs for will be having a negligible impact compared to the fact you are smoking fucking heroin in the first place.

do remember that deprivation of oxygen has its own impact which will be more noticeable in drugs that hit you quicker (i.e. crack) but might produce a placebo effect for any inhaled drugs.
Thanks for answering!

Not sure regarding the THC experiment, but I would presume there is at least some carry over even if it was on animals (at least more than with brain experiments). And yeah makes sense what you say about ethics committee, didn't cross my mind.

I agree about the health aspect, though to be honest, my life feel worse after one year of smoking Afghani than they did after a decade of tobacco and weed. Regardless, did you ever experiment holding it less to see if you felt equally high? I am mostly just curious if I am wasting my stuff not holding it so long.

That's another thing about deprivation of oxygen, I want to make sure I get high not just dizzy from holding my breath too long.

SoCalShordie

Bluelighter
Thanks for the answer! Did you ever experiment with different times to see if you felt a difference?

Thanks for answering!

Not sure regarding the THC experiment, but I would presume there is at least some carry over even if it was on animals (at least more than with brain experiments). And yeah makes sense what you say about ethics committee, didn't cross my mind.

I agree about the health aspect, though to be honest, my life feel worse after one year of smoking Afghani than they did after a decade of tobacco and weed. Regardless, did you ever experiment holding it less to see if you felt equally high? I am mostly just curious if I am wasting my stuff not holding it so long.

That's another thing about deprivation of oxygen, I want to make sure I get high not just dizzy from holding my breath too long.

I haven’t used H in a few years but I do remember holding it in for around 15 seconds no more than 30. Sorry I can’t remember more lol,

menidiatis

Bluelighter
Everything should be absorbed in 10 seconds, anything more is just damage.
Are you basing this on your own experience or on some medical research? Cause I really am unable to find anything other than that THC gets absorbed in 3 sec

And do you think the same applies today crack?

assclass

Temporary Ban
Again I need to ask, you base this on your own experience or on a scientific paper or sth?
" but there was little evidence that response to marijuana was a function of breathhold duration."

I did my own "research" as well.

falsifiedhypothesi

Moderator: BDD, OD, Music
Staff member
I'm saying that because holding a big hit for a long time will lead to hypoxia which definitely damages the brain, and while you might feel higher holding it longer you are most likely just experiencing symptoms of hypoxia on top of the heroin rush.

Try plugging if you are worried about efficiency, it actually gives quite a good rush and lasts mush longer

assclass

Temporary Ban
I'm saying that because holding a big hit for a long time will lead to hypoxia which definitely damages the brain, and while you might feel higher holding it longer you are most likely just experiencing symptoms of hypoxia on top of the heroin rush.

Try plugging if you are worried about efficiency, it actually gives quite a good rush and lasts mush longer
plus increasing damage to lungs, which limits your ability to get high in the future.