• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long will flake stay fresh for when stored

Hitman1977

Bluelighter
I’ve got my hands on some brill flake and have bought a few grams in bulk . How long will it stay good for when stored ? I’ve heard it can stay good for months . Cheers

I’ve got my hands on some brill flake and have bought a few grams in bulk . How long will it stay good for when stored ? I’ve heard it can stay good for months . Cheers

What is brill flake?
The only thing that I can think of that is sometimes referred to as flake is relatively pure cocaine hcl. Like fish scale (probably 87% pure or higher).

If indeed that is what brill flake is, I don't know how long you can store it before it starts to absorb moisture. I would try to keep it dry and airtight.

I had a buddy that was from Puerto Rico and he said you almost had to rock it up and smoke it there because it was so humid that "powder" cocaine got all soggy and clumpy.

I am also assuming cocaine but I've never heard it called "brill flake" before.

Anyway it lasts a long time, quite stable. It's important to keep it away from moisture though, as it will absorb moisture and become clumpy and difficult to work with. Sealed in a glass vial or jar in a cool place, away from light, with a silica/dessicant packet in there, you've got nothing to worry about. Avoid the refrigerator as there is tons of moisture in there, just put it in a closet or drawer or something.

Seconding dessicant packet, without it its a bit of a lost cause

Anyway it lasts a long time, quite stable. It's important to keep it away from moisture though, as it will absorb moisture and become clumpy and difficult to work with. Sealed in a glass vial or jar in a cool place, away from light, with a silica/dessicant packet in there, you've got nothing to worry about. Avoid the refrigerator as there is tons of moisture in there, just put it in a closet or drawer or something.
I mean brilliant flake lol
It’s in a air tight coffee jar so hopefully that’ll do the job 👌

You can get humidity control bags on Amazon. I use them and Mason jars for my weed. Same result.

So, I'm thinking here. Language correctness. Just an interest of mine.

Because on initial face of it, my reaction was- how long stay fresh...but no "fresh for"

Like, what for = why.

Why for = wrong!

But...."for how long will my kilogram of pure peruvian flake remain at optimal freshness and potency and how could I best store it, Butler?"

I guess IS correct use of language.
Ok sir

One thing to consider about storing things in the freezer is that most freezers tend to be quite humid environments, so you're oftentimes exposing your drugs to atmospheric moisture composed of tap water. And you know, there's air tight and then there's storage vessels that are actually, truly air-tight. Just proverbial food for thought.

The only thing that I can think of that is sometimes referred to as flake is relatively pure cocaine hcl. Like fish scale (probably 87% pure or higher).

If indeed that is what brill flake is, I don't know how long you can store it before it starts to absorb moisture. I would try to keep it dry and airtight.

I had a buddy that was from Puerto Rico and he said you almost had to rock it up and smoke it there because it was so humid that "powder" cocaine got all soggy and clumpy.
The flake I've been getting will absorb moisture while you're chopping it up. It will start a little crunchy, and after you work up a couple of lines, it starts sticking to whatever your working it with. And if there's any small spots of powder left after hitting the rails, it will turn into a clear white dot, like a liquid, in about 25 minutes in 75%+ humidity. That's how i know my stuff is really good. I've used super dry rice grains in my coke bottle. Keep the snow separate in whatever you chose (make sure it's permeable) and put about 10-20 grains of rice down in that sucker. Works very well.

"Bril" is British English slang for "brilliant", and "flake" commonly refers to high-quality, high-purity cocaine, such as e.g.: Peruvian Flake.

The flake I've been getting will absorb moisture while you're chopping it up. It will start a little crunchy, and after you work up a couple of lines, it starts sticking to whatever your working it with. And if there's any small spots of powder left after hitting the rails, it will turn into a clear white dot, like a liquid, in about 25 minutes in 75%+ humidity. That's how i know my stuff is really good. I've used super dry rice grains in my coke bottle. Keep the snow separate in whatever you chose (make sure it's permeable) and put about 10-20 grains of rice down in that sucker. Works very well.
Yes, good cocaine.hydrochloride is typically highly hydrophilic and hygroscopic, meaning it dissolves readily in water and will also draw moisture from the atmosphere given ample time.