News How 'magic mushrooms' could follow in the footsteps of cannabis

thegreenhand

Administrator
Staff member

How 'magic mushrooms' could follow in the footsteps of cannabis​

Mona Zhang, Liz Crampton
Politico
23 Mar 2022

Turns out marijuana really is a gateway drug — for America’s statehouses, anyway.

A movement to decriminalize or legalize psychedelic substances such as “magic mushrooms” is being driven by the same playbook that helped Americans not only destigmatize but politically embrace cannabis over the past decade. And much like the changing attitudes toward marijuana use, nascent research and personal stories — particularly from military veterans — are convincing some lawmakers to rethink longstanding prohibitions on these drugs.

What was something of a taboo issue half a decade ago is now the subject of bills from both Republicans and Democrats in more than a dozen states. They range from proposals to study the medical benefits of psychedelics to bills that would allow adults to consume such drugs under supervision.

Full article here.

Be no chance of that happening here in Aus ...ffs got enough trouble with the nazi laws surrounding Cannabis.We might have a nice country but we are in the dark ages with drug reform and acceptance.

Never known much about Austr.drug laws.Think,that the weed is not much trouble in some states.

In fact, all existing psychotropic drugs have become illegal because many people have begun to abuse them. Psychotropic plants used to be used only because of shamanism when a shaman had to enter a trance to communicate with ancestral spirits. And it wasn't considered something shameful. Also, the first LSD pills were used to open the minds of psychiatric clients. And it helped to identify patients' problems much more effectively, as well as to find ways to solve them. Mushrooms, LSD, peyote, poppy seeds, and ayahuasca became illegal because of lunatic addicts. I'm very glad that now all these things are beginning to be legalized again. It's because places like Edmonton Alberta Dispensary are proving that cannabis can be bought not only by addicts but by regular people who want to use the substance not as a drug but as a medical remedy for joints, relaxation, and so on.

Last edited:
No.It was absolutely needful in some tribal societies.Using psych.plants even among ordinary tribesmen made the connection in the group more tight.A social glue somekind-between them and ancestors.

I’m in Canada

We have like 5-7 clear net websites where you can “legally” purchase :

* Psilocybin (magic mushrooms) raw, powder capsules micro-dose, gummies, etc
* LSD (Acid) tabs, micro-dose 1/4 Lucy Stars, liquid LSD 200 standard hits (100ug) for $200
* DMT yellow crystals
* Ketamine HCL
* MDMA (100mg capsules)

I’ve ordered many times and have Canada Post ship to my front door….no Customs to pass through

They’re all relatively “safe” & non-addictive (minus Ketamine & MDMA) controlled substances in a “Grey Area” that have genuine medical uses. Used in low therapeutic doses these items are valuable medicines. You can actually get a script for Ketamine nasal spray for depression…..cluster head aches stopped by LSD, Psilocybin also has many uses, similar to Cannabis kinda. I use Psilocybin & LSD on weekends, beautiful sunny day by the pool

Psilocybin is heavy, legs feel weak and stomach upset, earthy and natural, mother natures medicine just like Cannabis. LSD is my preference, clear & clean, energizing and creative, mildly euphoric and just great 100ug standard dose or 1/4 dose Lucy Stars (25ug) so you can take a micro-dose and enjoy the day, non impaired but with a healthy glow lol

I sent all substances to B.C. Canada 🇨🇦 that has a harm reduction service called Get your drugs tested lol, they use professional lab equipment to analyze for harmful cuts, fentanyl, purity, etc ….you can send them ANYTHING to be tested. Illicit street Heroin, Cocaine, Ecstasy, etc…..to prevent all that commie fentanyl killing thousands of people coming from China. Easy as f@ck to synthesize in a lab and cheap as sh/t too I bet

B.C. Canada is f@ckn PACKED with Chinese / Asian people …….like F@cking PACKED ……China sends us they’re people and their deadly Fentanyl.

I’m close to Toronto, Ontario….the other side of the country thankfully 😅

Last edited:
Never known much about Austr.drug laws.Think,that the weed is not much trouble in some states.
Just because the article starts with gateway drugs.

Psylocybine is never gonna be one of them. Gateway in general means the one taking it will consume other drugs in his life as a consequence.

My gateway drug was the Nicotine/ Tobacco that was in the Cannabis joint. My first ever drug experience, and the Nicotine hit way before the THC. After that I was hooked on substances.

But was it the blaim of the Nightshady Nicotin? And what is a statehouse anyway, can someone explain what role they play.

No man.Other case..i start smoking long after get in opies..at least two years.Don't believe in theory for gateway drugs.It could be even alcohol.And you in Holland have unique aproach about soft drugs...even psych.truffles,kratom,various herbs.....but you need certain level of selfeducation in society to do this.and you are innovative,selfconfident and ballanced like society to do this

B.C. Canada is f@ckn PACKED with Chinese / Asian people …….like F@cking PACKED ……China sends us they’re people and their deadly Fentanyl.
How can you do so many psychedelics yet fail to see the problem in judging the character of entire racial and ethnic groups?

And what is a statehouse anyway, can someone explain what role they play.
A statehouse is essentially a mini version of Congress in each of the 50 US states i.e. they are the legislative bodies of each individual state

Typically they have a bicameral structure like the national Congress

Although Congress has precedence over the statehouses, often times the statehouses have much more influence on the laws and lives of the citizens of their respective states because many political decisions are still left up to the states to decide on. That’s why - for example - you see individual states legalizing marijuana and it’s not yet a federal law

No man.Other case..i start smoking long after get in opies..at least two years.Don't believe in theory for gateway drugs.It could be even alcohol.And you in Holland have unique aproach about soft drugs...even psych.truffles,kratom,various herbs.....but you need certain level of selfeducation in society to do this.and you are innovative,selfconfident and ballanced like society to do this
Holland is not balanced at all. We got people selfmedicating on RC's and various legal herbs. And Cannabis is, besides medical use, still illegal.

Imo if there are gateway drugs it are Tobacco, Alcohol and Caffein to a lesser extend.

And don't forget the Truffles are legal because our gouvernement is dumb. Not because they are less dangerous as Mushroom's. Its a loophole that kept them legal.

Last edited:
Yes I know that.techically canabis is not legal,but you can buy it in various forms from coffea shop.you got Kratom.There's a few places in Europe,where it's not in any schedule list-only this personally for me change a situation a lot.Never tried psyl.truffles.Been in Amsterdam 90-ies.I guess now is much more different.At one point you can buy from shop even psyl.mushrooms.I like to smoke tobaco and have not any intend to quitt.Here we all smoke a lot.As to "gateway theory"for drugs.....just is not my case and many others around me.Probably don't fit in Easteuropean societies or at least here