• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

How much do you know?

i know that certain germs cause certain diseases, i know common descent is for real, i know the sunlight helps my pumpkins grow large.

i know my life is more whole since i've had kids.

i know i'd go insane if i went deaf and couldn't listen to their voices or vivaldi any longer.

i know these with varying degrees of certainty. (for instance, that last one is more of a guess than an absolute certainty)

i know solipsism bores me. i know that for absolute certain.

I watched A Current Affair & (taped Today Tonight) concurrently every weekday for 14 years. Even in my heaviest club-hopping MDMA days. So by definition i know more than any other single member of this forum.

Last edited:
I'm curious how anything could ever be known. What if we assume that we know stuff but it's really an illusion. My memories could be implanted by some intelligent machine. But maybe we could know things. I guess we'll never know. I think. LOL
I'm starting to take seriously idea that direct connection with the Divine is the only way to find out :)

da Homies ^^ call dis waan ^ Bhakti yo :devilish::p

Last edited:
I'm curious if anyone here knows anything for certain.

Humans compulsively define things, so aside from those strict definitions created by people we've never met, what do you know?
I know that the future is set in stone and can only happen a certain way. And that the past had to happen the way that it did. Which means everybody had to do what they did, and everybody has to do what they will do. Same as the present moment also.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that the future is set in stone and can only happen a certain way.
No "freewill", then?
Just askin cause I am currently stuck here. Does "the book" have to be fulfilled or do we have everything we need to create changes that are beneficial to all? Is "colonialism" really the only answer to a few?
Stumper imo :unsure:

No "freewill", then?
Just askin cause I am currently stuck here. Does "the book" have to be fulfilled or do we have everything we need to create changes that are beneficial to all? Is "colonialism" really the only answer to a few?
Stumper imo :unsure:
The book has to be fulfilled. Kinda like fate, we can't change the future from happening how it will happen. We will just be aware of what will happen, we won't be able to change it. We were and are conscious perceivers. We couldn't have perceived anything different than what we perceived.

Which means the astroid that killed the dinosaurs had to hit the earth. And the guy that killed John F Kennedy Jr had to kill him. If something could've happened different, it would've happened different.

I now know that I don't know anything which is a lot more than I've ever known before. It's exhausting trying to understand the world and, inevitably, we will forget it all anyway when we get old.

We spend the majority of our lives deluding ourselves and trying to bullshit everyone else. Unless a person has a healthy self-awareness of themselves, they are wasting their lives. You get to a certain age, and you realize that all of the times you thought you had yourself, other people and life figured out, and you have nothing figured out -- and you never really will. From 55 on, every day is a day of true self-awareness, and if you are smart, you will learn to take advantage of the rest of the time you have of the planet to enjoy it.

Life is a bowl of cherries, and we are all fruitcake. (unknown)

V

I'm curious if anyone here knows anything for certain.

Humans compulsively define things, so aside from those strict definitions created by people we've never met, what do you know?
I know a lot about very little like everyone else. The path to actually knowing anything for certain is a hard one & most people really aren't cut out for it.

You fancy going to live in a cave alone in the Himalayas half naked for a decade or living in an Indian cremation ground like an Aghori OR you just wanna post shit like this on a forum asking stupid questions?

I highly question if you could get past the most basic illusions of life, if I found a sandwich on the floor and offered it to you to take a bite AND fucking swallow it what would your reaction be?

Jai Maa, Matangi 🙏