• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

How open are you about your drug use? Who knows you use drugs?

Funny how there is no meth market in the UK (where I'm from anyway). I take it you're from the states?

It definitely still has that 'bad drug' stigma attached to it, even here - pictures of 'meth mouth' and 'then & now' images of US hookers spring to mind. However, I'd probably try it if I got a chance, to see what all of the hype is about. Thing that worries me the most is the duration, the stories I read folk have been awake for days and days! I'm up for partying hard, I consider myself to have stamina (in my younger days anyway, during my ecstasy fueled weekends), but I'd like to actually make it to work on a Monday...

A lot of fucking people know unfortunately. A 2g+ IV heroin and cocaine habit is quite noticeable.... Physically, mentally, and definitely financially.

Not just like randoms, but friends, family, and friends of the family. My parents are involved in an addiction program for the family and the addict (FOA aka Family of Addicts). I go sometimes, because I feel obligated they are doing to understand me and understand why I do the things I do. Guaranteed, I'd be dead in the streets without my family and friends though.

Only two of my siblings (who also use), my husband (who does not), and a handful of fellow fryers know I use. My friends that I toot with are completely separate from my 'regular' friends. I like to keep it this way. I believe it helps keep me grounded. My non crystal smoking friends think I have only tried the stuff, and have no idea I am a regular, long time, on again off again user. Thanks to the media they believe all meth users are deranged psychotics clawing at imaginary bugs beneath their skin.
My parents have absolutely no idea, although they do know about my other two siblings.

That's absolutely true re: non drug using friends keeping you grounded. Very important to have IMO.

Funny how there is no meth market in the UK (where I'm from anyway). I take it you're from the states?

It definitely still has that 'bad drug' stigma attached to it, even here - pictures of 'meth mouth' and 'then & now' images of US hookers spring to mind. However, I'd probably try it if I got a chance, to see what all of the hype is about. Thing that worries me the most is the duration, the stories I read folk have been awake for days and days! I'm up for partying hard, I consider myself to have stamina (in my younger days anyway, during my ecstasy fueled weekends), but I'd like to actually make it to work on a Monday...

It's not a big deal IF you have the willpower not to just compulsively re-dose. That's why people stay up for days and days, is they keep doing it. I've fallen into that trap myself, it can be easy to do, but I've also made the conscious decision to STOP using and go to sleep, even though I still had stuff left. If you were just looking for a "one off" experience it wouldn't be a big deal, you snort a couple points on a Friday night and you'll be going to sleep sometime on Saturday (probably). Regardless, like with any drug, it's how you use it that matters.

That's absolutely true re: non drug using friends keeping you grounded. Very important to have IMO.

It's not a big deal IF you have the willpower not to just compulsively re-dose. That's why people stay up for days and days, is they keep doing it. I've fallen into that trap myself, it can be easy to do, but I've also made the conscious decision to STOP using and go to sleep, even though I still had stuff left. If you were just looking for a "one off" experience it wouldn't be a big deal, you snort a couple points on a Friday night and you'll be going to sleep sometime on Saturday (probably). Regardless, like with any drug, it's how you use it that matters.

I see, yeah, same with most drugs then. Some RCs have had me up for a long, long time.

Not very open except for my pot use, but I only share it with friends or people who also smoke, my parents know as well but I don't live with them.
I'm also kind of open about psychedelics and really like to talk about them, but again it's not like i like to talk to everyone about it.

Only my best friend knows about some of my opiate use and pretty much no one knows about my experiments with amphetamines, dissociatives or benzos

My family knows about all my use other than H and morphine and K, however they currently think I'm clean as they sent me to rehab at the start of the year, and I am definitely not clean.
I've used with every friend I've ever had, although I don't have any left.

My mother knows everything, my dad knows everything aside from heroin. My friends know everything aside from heroin. (Some do.)
My brother knows everything aside from heroin, but we don't really talk anymore because he doesn't (want to try to) understand addiction. He's one of those people who says "simply stop".

My immediate family knows I struggle with alcohol, it certainly hasn't been a secret for the past 7 years. They all know I smoked a lot of weed too, and there were times where I was honestly too fucked up and told my mom and dad what I've done (cocaine, painkillers, molly). Thankfully I didn't tell them everything but close...anyway it's safe to say I'm the black sheep of my family. My extended family knows too much also.

I'm pretty open.. about my past use and current... I don't look like a junkie, quite the opposite I look like a guy who likes to have a good time. Better you admit it then them sneering behind your back thinking you do it...

With everyone, except most of the time with the real straighties who it scares them to think that someone could look so good and praise and back up drugs and drug use with intelligent answers that can leave them speechless

My family knows 95% of it at least

My acquaintances from school past can only guess.... yet they're probably right

At work I say I do everything and everyone takes it as a joke (the only drugs I havent done intentionally are crack and meth, and I've done meth adulterated pills before)

I never hide my affinity for booze anymore, bring it on. Honestly that's like the only thing I get totally blasted on regularly anymore and idgaf what's a liver if not to be used amirite!?!?!?!

My two friends know the full extent of it, but other than that, pretty much no one. A few acquaintances/former friends know a thing or too, but not much. Amazingly, the only thing my parents have caught me with is kratom and (once) a pack of clove cigarettes, the former of which I explained is to help me sleep. (I have mild insomnia.)

most people now think im clean, and I was for a while but now I am open at least about weed with friends, when I talk about pills or RCs they try to get me to stop, there's not a chance I could tell them I've been doing meth the past few days. it makes this all so lonely having nobody who does the drugs I do around me

Everyone knows about my cannabis use. My regular meth use and other drugs I dabble in is another story. I told my best friend. My boyfriend knows. I told my brother a couple years ago and he’s never said anything else about it since. I think that’s kinda weird. Has that ever happened to anyone?
Obviously the people I use with. Other than that it’s a big old secret. Can’t tell my parents because I know it would destroy them. Can’t tell my other friends because I don’t know how they would react.