• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

How to make Marquis Reagent?

glukkon

Bluelighter
How can i make Marquis Reagent for pill testing?
All i know that Marquis Reagent is:
the marquis reagent is a standard chemical combination of 90% sulphuric acid and 10% formaldahyde (some contain methanol to slow the reaction time).
(from a post from Cowboy Mac)

A slight word of caution.. Chemistry can be dangerous if you're not prepared..
That said, mixing marquis reagent is not the best idea unless you have lab conditions, equipment, chemicals, and experience - you may run in to problems such as chemical burns, toxic fumes etc.
If you're comfortable with this.. then go ahead..
TheGamer

Ok. I assume i would have lab conditions.
What do i have to do?
Which sulfurc acid do i need(%)?

listen, if you want to know, there are better places to find out than here. this is for questions from people using testing kits, not making them.
ever heard of a search engine? put your questions into google and i'm sure you will find what you are looking for. but again i'd advise against making this yourself.
[This message has been edited by johnboy (edited 01 May 2001).]

heh.. i registered just for this.
i'm not going to tell you how to make it.
but i'll tell you this.
1. 90% sulfuric acid and 10% formaldehyde is not the literature composition.
2. if you think of concentration of sulfuric acid as a percent, you shouldn't be handling it.

anyway, yes, the information is out there but kind of hard to find. it's an old test that's essentially useless outside of trying to identify drugs.
you would definitely need a real, working fume hood, as well as the rest of the standard equipment (including gloves). sulfuric acid emits noxious, corrosive vapors.
basically what im trying to say is, just buy the damn kit. if you had access to the chemicals and equipment you'd need to make the reagent properly (as easy as it is to prepare), you'd already know how to make it...