• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Education How to take care of your home computer?

Shady's Fox

Bluelighter
Palm trees & sea, just walkin along the beach.
Thank you, is called a passion. I am more on hardware then software but I balanced them in last couple of years, I enjoy building more than installing a operating system i.e

I had an old case of a cooler master in my hands, it was more traumatizating to see this than a HP omen and i dont even smile. No, I dunno what they did with it but if I were to go on a online DIY for sure i'd win. So I made the metal inside now to not do HABIBI all over place and all fan size now are 240mm instead of what would be imagine ( 80mm fan/120 for case fans), now a HDD can have a proper 4 screw, can have the primitive 120mm rear back fan removed for some extra cooling for case, like a little parking lot with a bit of welding, a black spray can, no LED's we don't want christmas lights, we can have that on a CPU cooler i don't say anything, even on a fan inside but case let it be what is. Now this PC has a shield and a sword but no one to handle them so I did some phone calls for a giveaway, i had a i9-10900k, ASUS TURBO RTX 2080 and made the effort to add a motherboard, no PSU. I ran to i have someone living in projects, so i had to add one.. and everything else. They said their will not sell it and ok, i wanted to do a lil guinea pig of "No monitor" to see if they keep it, no need. I had my previously MSI stored somewhere in basement and gave him.

Now all he gotta do is find a job, hard out there but hopefully he will.

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
Come to America, we have more jobs than people who want jobs.

I'm not a hardware guy at all, I'm a programmer. People always assume I must know everything about computers, but hardware mystifies me. But I can write code to make computers do whatever I want them to.

Shady's Fox

Bluelighter
Come to America, we have more jobs than people who want jobs.

I'm not a hardware guy at all, I'm a programmer. People always assume I must know everything about computers, but hardware mystifies me. But I can write code to make computers do whatever I want them to.

idk but like the happy serotonine "panic attack" he had when he saw the PC I had it myself, I saw myself little — i've been around since PC used to look like heating stoves ahaha with a fuckin "eye laser" in your eye those CRT'vs. He saw like the GPU first and literally started crying! I was like "my job is done here" long short. His mom was like "No, yes no yes yes" she was somewhere in Faust realms but they know me since a few yrs. His kid worked at my bar once, jobs are hard in US i know yall got like i saw online a pizza place only with ex con employers, somewhere in Atlanta? and getting to work at a food place is a no brainer but in Europe isn't like this.

Shady's Fox

Bluelighter
guess what, today i did some techy and went with my hdd's to a workstation blueprints

i plan to build it slowly with like maybe next years goin to China to buy some additional hardware, including a NAS-built in psu i guess i can do that with some DIY. I'll need for my shop.

Shady's Fox

Bluelighter
I know you like to read this thread, if anyone would like helo regarding non-Windows OS you know what to do. A quick throwback to our HDD section which I felt I left it like a car in middle of road, I do recommend 2 softwares to have! ( HDD Sentinel Pro version, Defraggler) worth pirating Sentinel if you run into weak/bad sectors, unlike HDD Regenerator is 20 times more stable than any software of/not its kind. Weak sectors aren't something to worry, btw they're simply files that were meshed around randomly and just later the disk head discovered and told you. Defraggler is free on other hand, it's small and only uses about 200MB in full defrag just barely, I had to use Surface Test - Disk Repair a few yrs back on one of my comrades 320GB WD and in less than 2hrs all were gone, he had only 40. Health climbed to 100% as it should stay like working as a clock engineer on other peopme watch. What can I say, chkdsk is always essential after a surface test, it also needs Windows perspective although is more to useful for who cares about their craft, for many might not be but is suggested. Chkdsk commands are available on learn.microsoft.

Easy week.