• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

How we rolled in the 90s when the pills were super strong

People still roll like this. It's just the quality is less pure. The attitude is the same though, being balls out totally free of ones own consciousness. The people in that video are clearly have a hell of a time. People still know how to have fun :)

Best thing about that video? No fucking mobile phones! If it were nowadays half the people would be mugging for a photo. (instead they're mugging for the video camera, but still)

I see people way worse than that, i wonder if they're even having a good time as they chew their face to pieces.

Wow Ireland doesn't have that many hot chicks... quite ugly ones in fact 8o

Makes me proud to be Scottish lmao

We get it though dude... pills back then were good. There are good ass 250mg pills now too lol... so I don't see where you're going with this... if you don't have an actual question, it might just be suited better for your blog ;)

Yeah the birds in that video are ugly. I just thought current ravers would like to see how it was done in the beginning as these vids are a little rare as no one recorded them. BPM was notorious for showing people off their heads on drugs, and if you came in from the club at 4am, there it would be on the tv. I can remember acciiiiid tune coming in 89. Then I remember this dealer telling me in 1990 'yeah I sell E for the governor, the kids love it' - sorry having flashbacks.

I dunno guys I'm with the older rollers that say pills feel "different" now than they did then. I definitely did not abuse it back then at all and never lost the "magic" and I had a 6 year stretch where I only rolled twice in between that time from 03 to 09. When I rolled again in 2009 after a 2 year break and everytime since, it has not felt the same as it did way back.

Don't get me wrong it's still fantastic, but not what I remember it to be. The love then was overwhelming. I have not gotten to that place since 07. Seriously, and I know I'll catch some flak here, but the synth feels....off? in the MDMA nowadays. Even in the reeeeeeeallly good stuff. The closest I've gotten to that feel was from the synth in mints and Goddamn I had the tolerance of a rhino when I first tried those. I'm not sure what to make of it, just throwing out my 2 pennies here.

I definitely did not abuse it back then at all

I find that hard to believe lol.... that and methamphetamine abuse would cause that exact feeling.... that's what losing the magic is, rolls not seeming as "magical" as they did before. :\

I mean, it's not like everyone did something drastically different from what the chemist today are doing... well, except for the Defqon press, but I've been over that before.

I dunno guys I'm with the older rollers that say pills feel "different" now than they did then. I definitely did not abuse it back then at all and never lost the "magic" and I had a 6 year stretch where I only rolled twice in between that time from 03 to 09. When I rolled again in 2009 after a 2 year break and everytime since, it has not felt the same as it did way back.

Don't get me wrong it's still fantastic, but not what I remember it to be. The love then was overwhelming. I have not gotten to that place since 07. Seriously, and I know I'll catch some flak here, but the synth feels....off? in the MDMA nowadays. Even in the reeeeeeeallly good stuff. The closest I've gotten to that feel was from the synth in mints and Goddamn I had the tolerance of a rhino when I first tried those. I'm not sure what to make of it, just throwing out my 2 pennies here.

i agree too... its not a tolerance issue... there is something different... it could be something as simple as the synthesis process has changed and that results in a different ratio of the MDMA isomers... people who say MDMA=MDMA typically dont understand that MDMA is a combination of two MDMA isomers and the ratio determines exactly how the MDMA affects you...

^ When you make MDMA, you make the racemic. That means you have equal parts of both isomers, the only way you can have a different ratio of the two is if you make each isomer separately and combine them in the ratio you want.... and that's a lot of fucking work and is a lot more expensive

So, nope lol... that's not it. I'm still thinking tolerance. If you've been rolling for 10+ years, even responsibly, you're going to have a tolerance... that's just how it is really

^ When you make MDMA, you make the racemic. That means you have equal parts of both isomers, the only way you can have a different ratio of the two is if you make each isomer separately and combine them in the ratio you want.... and that's a lot of fucking work and is a lot more expensive

So, nope lol... that's not it. I'm still thinking tolerance. If you've been rolling for 10+ years, even responsibly, you're going to have a tolerance... that's just how it is really

yes its racemic but my understanding is that the ratio is not consistant and depends on exactly how the synthesis is run... i know that once produced the isomers can be separated in a centrifuge but of course no backroom chemist is gonna be doing that...

i could be wrong about this.. maybe someone with some organic chem experience can chime in on this...

also i think what OP was talking about is the same thing that i experienced... yeah ive been rolling for a long time but i did take a long break in between... like 6 years without rolling once... and before that break i only rolled like once every 2 months... so i was doing everything right and even then *every* time i rolled it was *amazing*.. no loss of magic back then so why would i start to feel it after quitting for 6 years and then starting up again... im tellin ya there is something different...

When you make MDMA, you make the racemic... every time lol. There's not gonna be a different ratio of isomers, the R and S bond together in pairs and there is never more of one than the other... I think that's how it works at least, but the two parts are always equal none the less. Even if that did happen, it's not like every chemist would be doing it every time lol...

I really think it's just going to come down to set and setting. After a while you just know what to expect and it's not the same as it was when you first started.

I don't know man, I just don't see how every batch of MDMA after a certain point could just be different than the shit that came before it lol... they still make it with the same ingredients through the same methods

Any experienced roller or the people that actually take the time to "experience" the drug and notice the different feel of it instead of "just another drug to fuck me up," will tell you that every different molly has different "personalities" to it even when the process of creating it is all the same just like wine is rotten grape juice right? But just like wine, they each have different characteristics and different feels just the same as wine has different flavors and different notes even though the process how it's made is the same.

I had the beautiful magic of MDMA years after I abused meth, so that is not it. Set and setting is a no-go because I still have the same gigs set up exactly like we used to do. I don't think there will ever be a definitive answer to this argument. But I'm totally with ya clubkid, shit is different. There's no way to prove it, but I know you know what I mean just the same.

Last edited:
My logic tells me that mdma is mdma....however I ain't no chemist. What I am is a roller for the better part of 20 years and I gotta say something is different about todays mdma. Could it be tolerance? Maybe, but I rolled way more when I was younger than now so my tolerance was higher then. There are no pills now that will make me feel the roll in my bones and mindgasm the way shit did in the 90s. Closest would be some molly I had few years back which had me pretty rocked but still NOTHING like the 90s. Back then, 2 pills would have me orgasm for 6 hours. Seems like it gets weaker and weaker as the years go on....so what the hell maybe it is tolerance. I dunno...but defintely ain't the same.

Uhm 2 pills still do that to me george... I don't know where you guys are from but I see people WAY worse then in that video... If some people actually took the time and effort to find some quality raves rather then the commercialized "yeah skrillex w00t" american crapfests THEN i'd maybe blame the pills...

well im not a chemist and i dont know the synth process and how it works. i wish someone with chemistry knowledge would drop in..........