• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe I am on 2mg bupe per day. If I wanted to smoke some heroin, would gumming fentanyl patches knock off the bupe blocking/occupying the receptors?

Daddydopedick

Bluelighter
All in the title. Would this work, or would the fentanyl have a similar effect and block the effects/block them to a degree? I'm on a low dose as it is, so I probably wouldn't have to wait the average 72 hours, but I'd still have to wait. I was just wondering if fentanyl could knock them off the mu receptors & speed up the process so I could smoke sooner?

If anybody knows and could help me out with this, thanks in advance!

All in the title. Would this work, or would the fentanyl have a similar effect and block the effects/block them to a degree? I'm on a low dose as it is, so I probably wouldn't have to wait the average 72 hours, but I'd still have to wait. I was just wondering if fentanyl could knock them off the mu receptors & speed up the process so I could smoke sooner?

If anybody knows and could help me out with this, thanks in advance!

If i understand you correctly, no that probably wouldn't work like you're envisioning. The heroin wouldn't be able to compete with either the fentanyl nor buprenorphine. Even if you were able to displace the buprenorphine, which is definitely possible at the right dose, as soon as the blood concentration of fentanyl gets low enough the buprenorphine will take control of the mu opioid receptor again. So there wouldn't really be much of a chance for heroin to do it's thing (unless the blood concentration of heroin is very high, which I don't recommend attempting).