• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

I don't like Christianity any more.

I went to a protestant Christian boarding high school...

4 years of extreme inundation

Ask me anything lol

I think a lot of Christians get the image of Jesus wrong...

Yes he's part of "God", the trio, etc..

But he's NOT God himself!!! This modern idolization of Jesus is crazy and inaccurate.

I think a lot of Christians get the image of Jesus wrong...

Yes he's part of "God", the trio, etc..

But he's NOT God himself!!! This modern idolization of Jesus is crazy and inaccurate.

This is actually a topic that has been debated for centuries. If you're agreeing he's part of the trinity, then you should know that trinitarian theology holds that all three persons of the trinity are considered to be fully God, sort of like how when you have a hologram each component contains the image of the whole object.

There is no shortage of arguments for why Jesus was or was not God but this is in no way a modern idolization, it goes back to early Christianity.

He also did not preach vegetarianism or pacifism like many Indian gurus so one can assume gun ownership is acceptable for Christians.
For hunting or skeet shooting, sure.
But guns (AR-15s, pistols) made specifically to kill people?
I think not.

The secret is that we are god. This is pretty easy to come across many humans throughout the ages through drugs realized this.

Life is game a dream inside the mind of god. God = infinite. beyond understanding.

God comes in many forms including us. That also means god = satan = us = everything = nothing = infinity

The big bang created our physical universe, What was before the big bang a zero point beyond time and space and before it. A void of infinite possibilities.

Honestly, Christianity, or at least the way it's taught, is extremely basic. In today's world where there is so much knowledge, all but the most indoctrinated outgrow it easily. That's why Christianity as a religion - or at least the evangelical version - is disappearing. When I meet fully grown adults who are "born again" I just assume they are simpletons. Like honestly, the Bible??? You found that to be a revelation at age 30 when you joined AA because your partner found you passed out drunk choking on your own vomit? Pathetic. I mean... whatever gets you into recovery, I guess... but don't act like you've found the secrets of the universe.

Well, Jesus was a Jew and made statements that would be considered racist in today's times both about his own and other peoples. He also did not preach vegetarianism or pacifism like many Indian gurus so one can assume gun ownership is acceptable for Christians.

However, as someone who was much more drawn to Orthodox and Catholic versions of Christianity I am not the biggest fan of American evangelicalism either. For anyone interested in learning more about Christianity, I would recommend looking back at its roots, studying church history, reading the desert fathers, the monastics and saints and getting an idea of what Christianity was originally about. Prior to that, I would recommend avoiding all modern day protestant sects.
If Jesus didn't preach pacifism, then what was all that "turn the other cheek" business? It's the old testament God who was vengeful and murderous.

And according to the southern baptist protestant upbringing I had, all you catholics are in a cult and practice idol worship. lol

I also don't like the prosperity theology that states people should be greedy and enrich themselves because god said to "go forth and prosper." IMO this goes completely against Jesus's teachings.

But I'm pretty sure the bible in it's entirety is mostly mythology meant to explain things that previously could not be explained with science because science did not exist yet. Well maybe more like historical fiction, because I do believe that many of the characters did exist. I believe Jesus was a real person however I don't buy into the miracles or supernatural stuff.

I've been reading Food of the Gods by Terence McKenna and I buy into his Stoned Ape theory that human language, culture, art, and original shamanic religion originated from eating psilocybin mushrooms. The bible doesn't even specify that the forbidden fruit of the Garden of Eden was even an actual apple. Terence McKenna and I say it was a heroic dose of psilocybin mushrooms. How else would we have a talking fucking snake that told someone to eat "fruit" and suddenly they had knowledge that they were naked, etc? It's the shooms, maaaann!!

:meowce:

I have read "True hallucinations" and "Food of the Gods"by McKenna also.He was very inteligent and funny guy and i like it for real.And in his theory about forbidden fruit got some quite interesting aspects.May be the early Christians take some from Dyonisye's mysteries&Orphism.You know they gathered in the beginnings at evenings,not in dawns like today.So called"Evenings of love".....may be partly,because they were persecuted by early Roman's emperors or because they consumed eucharistic wine&bread prepared with some kind of psychoactive substance.....like "kikeon" or "nepenthes" in mysteries......quite possible indeed and logical somekindbeven

You are going to worship you?Well.....you say it......so it's for you.Just to read this sentence i give up to read your post full of arogance.It is insulting for me. ...even disguisting.Just one more to ignore.Man became so arogant that the End of the world looks for me like freedome.

My #1 problem with Christianity, or organized religion in general, has always been preachers.

The man that claims to know more about God than you do. The man who claims to be more pure than you. The man that tells you how to know God. The man who tells you how you should interpret the Bible. He is an obstruction to my connection with God.

They tell you how to think. They tell you how to act. They tell you how to believe.

People should come to their own conclusions. People should have a direct, unobstructed, relationship with God without someone standing in the way telling you how to do it.

Christianity is just as fallible as that man who is preaching it to you... and man is a highly fallible creature and prone to corrupt biased thinking.
Come visit Orthodox temple.You won't understand nothing(few are capables),there is no preachers,chanting all the time....a lot of smoke&incense:)Just relax your mind.....no need to believe in anything if you don't want......or you can relax at home with some cold beer in your hand ofcourse

A man cannot be God. He was just a man. Worshipping men is idolatry.

Christianity is full of idols (Christ, Mary & the Pope among others).

Jesus said something like, "I am the son of God and you are my brothers and sisters." So, why is he on a pedestal?

I tend to agree with this interpretation. My feeling from Jesus, even just from his words in the books of the Bible that the Catholic church decided to include in the New Testament, is that he was saying "hey guys, we're all a part of god, disregard all of this stuff (the old testament stuff), and the corrupt church, instead, just be kind to each other, help each other out, we can make heaven right here for ourselves. Look, I can accept the poor, the lepers, the whores, so can you. If I can be like this, you can be like this". I never got the sense he wanted to be placed on a pedestal or worshipped... he was just trying to provide an example to live by, and let people know that they can take their spirituality into their own hands, the priests aren't the gatekeepers.

Of course, that idea was threatening, because religion is the primary form of social control. So when the Roman empire adopted Christianity as the official religion, it was to get a handle on something that was getting out of their control. And they turned it into Catholicism. Sadly, I believe that Jesus would have wept at that. He was preaching love and acceptance, not guilt and fear.

Man i have been talking about belief,not religion.The biggest part of even our priests are absolute assholes,who even are often too lazy to make huge money for just a minute.The high ranks of archbishops are with close tie with politicians and various mafiosos.Just like the Vatican.There is nothing to do with Christianity......just way to make money and run all old screenplay again&again everyday.It's probably possible to misunderstood the guy"birds.....",you know not everytime understand the reason behind the sentence.I am same for many others probably.....so it's possible to had mistaken based of misinterpetations....English is not my language you know....so I feel sorry about my reaction regarding "birds".I will try my best to avoid comments on religions discussions,just like politics.....at least till aproved my language skills&understanding capabilities enough.

Christians are great especially if you studied lavey :)

very malleable and easy to lead.

Got to love what repression does to a young mind.

Xorkoth said:
he was saying "hey guys, we're all a part of god, disregard all of this stuff (the old testament stuff), and the corrupt church, instead, just be kind to each other, help each other out, we can make heaven right here for ourselves

Yeah, I think Jesus was trying to cancel religion. Imagine what he would think if he could see everything that followed in his name.

Thats an interesting idea :)

Jesus was there to stop religion and they took it the wrong way wow never thought of that.

Personally im for Simon the true first messiah (200 BC i think) he was left down an ally with his head kicked in and as they did to much damage to him his resurrection I think was not so believable so could not

unite the Israelites and allow them to free them selves from the Romans.

But then us ozzies are suckers for under dogs.

All through the roman times it was considered a death cult as the Romans celebrated life and the Christians celebrated discipline through life so as to gain an after life.

I imagine it went something like this.

Jesus: Please don't worship me. I'm not God. I am flesh and blood like you. Look, I will wash this man's feet with my hair. I am humble to you.

Idiot: But, you said you were God!

Jesus: I am the son of God and you are my brothers and sisters. We are all God.

Idiot: All hail the son of God!

Jesus: Jesus Christ. Kill me, already.

The idea of christ is noble and true..

To see the Christos in your self and other people..

Waving a white flag..

The flying logos..

The Great White Lodge.

Life itself as a substance IS Christ!

Remember that christ is in you and your sister/brother..

Sophia.. and the mysticism of Jesus is very beautiful.. but fighting a crusade is left in the dark ages..

I like the fact we are descendents of real people, same as the ones who wrote all the religious texts, fought all the wars, created all the works of art & science, all of it.