Hezman94

Bluelighter
one i got copd now cos i mix with bacca
i allways need to save money for weed
i feel better when i cut down mentally
but if i go without it i feel awful
I smoke about 1-2g a day
buying a one hitter or considering microdosing edibles but id have to make them

it also did make me want to try different drugs but i probs would of done anyway
i am disabled and live alone but smoke all day I been spacing my joints four hours apart
as I was smoking every hour which is ridicilous but yh i like cannais bt hate how i amso mentaly addicted.
i smoke strong cannabis i put about .2 in a joint cbd oil helps but it overpriced bad

cannabis is filling the void of your life, you need to fill the void with other stuff only when you accomplish this task you will be able to decrease your usage

This is true, however marijuana is able to be cut off cold turkey without any real withdrawal symptoms other than slight grouchiness or a bit of insomnia in heavier users.. and even that is an inconsistent consequence.

I used to smoke constantly. For a while it was my main DOC for many years. All of my friends grew up and stopped smoking or somehow my friend circle just became non-stoners. Since that happened, I just stopped smoking regularly and almost entirely. It's not possible to cut back if everyone you socialize with is a pothead imo. Never expected to just stop smoking and not have cravings or even think about it. I've smoked twice in the past 5 months without any cravings for weeks. Really thought I'd be a stoner for life. It's totally doable to cut back or stop smoking daily. I grew tired of buying it and without any social context to smoking there was no point anymore. Towards the end of those 5 years I would take a grav bong hit or smoke a blunt and not even catch a buzz so it was relatively easy to just stop. Marijuana high gets old. In my experience other substances effects... do not.

The thing I miss the most is how marijuana tastes lol. Nothing else.

Lol

If .2 grams of cannabis still gets you high, you're just fine pal. Don't overthink it. 2 grams a day is a small amount.

Will power: I hate to be blunt but I have to for your own sake. If putting a .5G of weed down is that hard for you, don't EVER try any other drugs with recreational value. If I were you I wouldn't even take advil or tylenol. I don't doubt you're psychologically addicted, which is something the weed companies act like isn't possible but it very well is. Physical addiction is a whole different story. Trust me and many other on here. Stay away from anything but weed, even if it's just once. It's not worth it. Drugs are effed up. People with little will power or circumstances in their life that cripple their will power should NOT skip around and try this and that.

Not gonna sit here and babysit you, but LISTEN!

If .2 grams of cannabis still gets you high, you're just fine pal. Don't overthink it. 2 grams a day is a small amount.

He lives alone and (is disabled), so is living on a disability pension or little $$. Money might be pretty tight. Same situation as me, except I worked for 30 yrs and have a good disability pension plus CPP disability. 2 grams a day isn’t a small amount if money is a concern.

Tom

He lives alone and (is disabled), so is living on a disability pension or little $$. Money might be pretty tight. Same situation as me, except I worked for 30 yrs and have a good disability pension plus CPP disability. 2 grams a day isn’t a small amount if money is a concern.

Tom

Hey Tom

The loneliness I can definitely relate to; being disabled, I'm fortunate enough to not be able to (physically at least). And I'm sorry you guys are going through whatever disabled you and you deserve extra help $$$ because something is wrong and it's out of your control.

I wasn't trying to pick him apart just my two cents. Seems like he's already got his feet (and maybe knees) wet already haha. To each his own.

BTW I said if .2 grams gets you high that's not much. .2 as in a fifth of a gram. If that's what's in your J entirely that's a very small amount sorry it doesn't matter how much money you have or dont. You can pack bowls that are smaller I guess, but otherwise that's the absolute least you can roll a joint out of.

Now 2 grams to me wouldn't keep me high for more than 45 minutes. But everyone is different and has tolerances of their own. Mine is obliterated. I ENVY anyone that can get by with a gram a day. Those were textbook definition for me at least: the good old days. Water bottle bongs or apple pipes. One or two hits and I'd be good for hours. Man :(

ADHDMY4SS - no problem; really quickly a lifetime of a bad diet > very high blood pressure > kidney failure. I don’t feel disabled, don’t ‘look’ disabled 6ft tall, rather gangly and hair starting to get as long as my elbows 😜) but I meet the legal definition of disabled under Cdn law. This is gonna sound bizarre but I feel as if I won the lottery (don’t have to work, play a shit ton of video games and watch a lot of vids). Having to do dialysis 4x a day is a pain in the ass and watching what I eat is annoying, that’s it.

Where I live, weed is dirt cheap and I have the choice of black market or legal. I don’t have to choose between weed and whatever other bill.

But yeah, IMO a lot of people who are disabled don’t have extra income to spend how they like and might feel financial pressure to cut down. I try to spend as much as I can on prescription weed b/c I can get it all back at tax time (and buy more weed 😎). Some days I smoke right after waking up and a bong rip every hour. I try not to smoke before grocery shopping (sister takes me and really hates weed, still calls it dope).

life is as good as it can be for me, I got no complaints.

Tom

Salutations ADHDMY4SS,

...everyone is different and has tolerances of their own.

Control over tolerance can be gained once a user can realize and accept that his consumption method actually shapes the habit profile significantly. There's been days when i used to smoke 1½ g on 1 evening and considered this was too restrictive, then i stopped wasting half of my noble molecules simply to keep a fire burning, which was a most determining start. Inclusion of dosing considerations was next and allowed me to maximize the return from a single ~125 mg bowl, switching from brute wall-of-shame abuse to aroma/taste appreciation with plenty of ritual, even riding the tolerance barrier until i found myself into an even more pleasant/satisfying domain to which i used to block the path myself before.

But yes, YMMV.

Yet follow "The Shortest Path of Lesser Transformation" and this should help prevent the usual forms of vilification all too often leading to an abysmal tolerance void.

Good day, have fun!! ☮

ADHDMY4SS - no problem; really quickly a lifetime of a bad diet > very high blood pressure > kidney failure. I don’t feel disabled, don’t ‘look’ disabled 6ft tall, rather gangly and hair starting to get as long as my elbows 😜) but I meet the legal definition of disabled under Cdn law. This is gonna sound bizarre but I feel as if I won the lottery (don’t have to work, play a shit ton of video games and watch a lot of vids). Having to do dialysis 4x a day is a pain in the ass and watching what I eat is annoying, that’s it.

Where I live, weed is dirt cheap and I have the choice of black market or legal. I don’t have to choose between weed and whatever other bill.

But yeah, IMO a lot of people who are disabled don’t have extra income to spend how they like and might feel financial pressure to cut down. I try to spend as much as I can on prescription weed b/c I can get it all back at tax time (and buy more weed 😎). Some days I smoke right after waking up and a bong rip every hour. I try not to smoke before grocery shopping (sister takes me and really hates weed, still calls it dope).

Tom
Good for you man that's what matters most. If you're happy everything else comes and goes. Stress can physically make you sicker than any disability ever could.

I highly recommend you check out Ken Berrry MD on YouTube. He has a diet that you will probably enjoy that could help change your life. It isn't recommended by doctors but you should probably ask anyways since diet seems to have a lot to do with . But regarding your specific situation thank you for being honest about your disability score. I am on it and I feel better than I ever have as far my my mind and body. The shit I have taken and take has left a mark sure but I must salvage what I can and make the best of it.

I think a lot of people are put off by the idea of making edibles because there is this notion of having to bake food and make a batch at a time, but actually it's fairly easy to decarboxylate (activate) the THC just by heating it with oil in a spoon over a tea candle and mixing that into whatever. It's fairly low-effort. It can be made a dose at a time in about as much time as it takes to just have a smoke session and the effects last longer

Ive been a daily smoker for 25 years and I can go weeks without it, although I rather not. It helps with my anxiety so partially medical
The first night I won't sleep as well but thats it.
Try occupying your mind with something else because it is not physically addictive and not nearly as mentally addictive as heroin or crack

Tom

you're lucky you live in canada...

those who advocate that weed is not addictive do not know anything about weed.. it is a drug, very addictive, physically and psychologically. I have seen some folks saying "I can stop but I would rather not", "I can go some weeks without it, and that's ok".. of course, there are levels of addiction, same with alcohol. Some people get addicted to weed, physically and it is an addiction as all other addictions out there.

Stoners like mystification to console themselves that they are not using a drug but "medicine", "a plant", or " an inoffensive substance", bullshit to say the least

Can you provide substantive proof of that Jose or is that just a nice rant?

White rose; I know that Jose de Rivas Silva feels it’s addictive. And for him, I guess it is. He shouldn’t generalize, that’s the error. But a lot,of people do that about a lot of things in their lives. I’m comfortable with being called a pothead; after all, I’ve been using it in one form or mother once 1973 and I certainly enjoy it. Had to temporarily stop because of peritonitis and it hurt like hell to cough. When I can cough w/o pain I’m diving back in.

I’ve got a certain degree of tolerance to it; that comes and goes. And if I’ve been on a bender (continual multi day in a row use) I get grumbly when I have to stop. When it was illegal, or before I had a prescription I would engage in ‘drug seeking behaviour’.

But then I’m addicted to my hypertension and anti depressant meds as well. I know what can happen if long term AF users abruptly discontinue.

Tom

Last edited:
If the US Federal Government couldn't prove that cannabis is physically addictive despite the entire medical and pharmaceutical R&D establishment at their disposal to do so during the nearly 100 years of prohibition and propaganda research, it is very unlikely that it is true. As an individual cannabis user I retain the right to challenge anyone who claims that it has been proved to be physically addictive and remind them that it is their opinion, not fact.
This stands entirely apart from my status as a member or staff member and I retain the right to express myself as an individual.

W R

There are levels for a vice

When one has in the brain a peak of signalling molecules (caused by drugs, for instance), in general, this culminates with a change in the voltage of the neuron membrane (actually in the whole chain of neurons once the nervous impulse is transmitted through them), if this change occurs repeatedly, there is a change in the number of proteins that respond to this voltage, also there is a change in the whole signalling pathway (corepressor, coactivators proteins) to adapt to this new electric potential, once it is a continuum. As a consequence, ordinary emotions are not able to activate this signalling pathway anymore and, on account of that, the emotions are killed and the pleasure given by the substance is chased again and again over other natural pleasures that a normal life offers... (changes in the brain's reward system) this is the biochemical picture of a vice... nevertheless, there are levels for a vice, that's will depend on the individual, but, it is a russian roulette.. this is also seen with common substances or habits in life, such as caffeine, alcohol, gambling, sex, etc.

Therefore, external substances that change the way that the brains works by changing the voltage of the neuron membranes at a level much more superior than the innate level are intrinsic addictive

In the practice, addiction is a sum of physical symptoms and psychological symptoms. Rats will not be addicted to weed so easily as humans, in lab tests testing weed, firstly, which via will be the administration via of THC? It's hard to administrate THC to rats without causing secondary effects, it is not like cocaine (dilute in water) or substances that can be injected.

I am not the owner of the truth, but that's my vision, i am not affirming it is the absolute truth, but I will defend it, nonetheless, if I find that I am wrong, I will change my vision and start to defend the new one, that's how life is