• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I'm about to get on methadone tomorrow. Turns out my dope was cut with a barbituates and benzos are zero tolerance there. What do I do?

purplehaze147

Bluelighter
I had a seizure this past weekend. I came up for barbituates. I knew there was something else in the dope, some kind of tranquilizer. I just found out it was a barbituate yesterday. Some bags seem to have it and some don't too lately. It had to of been made in a clandestine lab, as it's a short acting one which ever one it is and no labs make the powerful ones like secobarbital, amobarbital, or pentobarbital, but they are relatively easy to synthesize. Only phenobarbital and barbital are still in production and they have super long half lives so it isn't one of those. I'm confused as to how it all happened. Half my days have been spent feeling like I might die trying to prepare to pee clean for benzos. I have a few etizolam that don't show which take the edge off nicely, but they're about to run out and then Xanax and Valium are all I have left. The etizolam don't last long enough like Valium or Librium to not blow threw my last few. I can't even go to a doctor to get prescribed a Valium or Librium taper on methadone. I don't know what to do. It's awful. Then like a dumbass I've been doing methamphetamine which is making things worse. I really need to get on methadone. And a detox facility is just going to give me the same amount of phenobarbital or Librium they give everyone else they don't tailor to specific needs. Fuck. My. Life. Yo.

That's dangerous as fk....u can OD easily on fent+barb combo. 🤦🤦🤦damn dude, dealers these days are literally selling shit. For me it's like it's not worth anymore to be a daily junkie, it's never been but in this covid era......if you're an old-school druggie it's a pretty good time to get clean.

That's dangerous as fk....u can OD easily on fent+barb combo. 🤦🤦🤦damn dude, dealers these days are literally selling shit. For me it's like it's not worth anymore to be a daily junkie, it's never been but in this covid era......if you're an old-school druggie it's a pretty good time to get clean.
Absolutely, I know. Dealers don't care as long as it keeps you coming back. It's like now I need that certain stamp or it'll still be uncomfortable. Smart but evil to put a barbituate in there, they're one of the few water soluble GABAA PAMs that are powders.

Im thinking about overnighting some NaBr and KBr (so I don't take too much sodium or potassium). Bromides are one of the first anticonvulsants in history. They're still 100% legal too and won't show on a test. A dose lasts a very long time too. I think that's probably the best thing to do. They increase the influx of Cl- ions through the GABAA receptor acting like a positive allosteric modulator.

Absolutely, I know. Dealers don't care as long as it keeps you coming back. It's like now I need that certain stamp or it'll still be uncomfortable. Smart but evil to put a barbituate in there, they're one of the few water soluble GABAA agonists that are powders.

Im thinking about overnighting some NaBr and KBr (so I don't take too much sodium or potassium). Bromides are one of the first anticonvulsants in history. They're still 100% legal too and won't show on a test. A dose lasts a very long time too. I think that's probably the best thing to do.
I remember when I was a kid, I'd always buy oxycodone streets in sealed bottles (circa 2012), then I was Introduced to morphine ampoules from the hospital....spent like nearly a fking small department on it. Good thing with that shit it was pure, ALWAYS LEGIT(NEVER EVER IN 10 YEARS GOT SCAMMED OR FAKES) and I didn't have to worry about ODing cuz I always did the same amount and .1g a day was enough for me to be high all day. My demise began with my introduction to iv coke and crack to my diet but that's a diff history. The thing I mean is that drugs quality in general are become shittier and shittier since the pandemic began and its just getting worse.... I quit cuz of my crack addiction got out of hand and during the first lockdown I had to wdraw from morphine whether I wanted or not.
So I encourage everybody that if you're able to quit now DO IT cuz one of these days ure gonna drop dead. Drugs are at an all time low point in the last 50 years I think xd.

I'd be surprised if street heroin actually had a barb in it given the rarity of clandestine labs that make and distribute barbiturates, but the driving logic in these situations really comes down to economics, barbs aren't potent enough as a class of drugs to make economic sense as an active adulturant (at least offhand im not aware of a barb potent in the low mg range where it would make sense). Of course it's a weird world and all kinds of crazy shit happens so anything is possible. Just doesn't pass the basic logic test, street drugs are almost always formulated in economically logical manner. Then again i don't think the immunoassay test for barbiturates are subject to as much static/feedback as say PCP, for which there are more compounds that generate false positives (ie false barb positives are not common). Although i think some NSAID glucuronide metabolites can set it off.

Id order a few barb urine test kits and test again. If it does have a barb in it i would imagine it would take a long period of consistent use to get to point where its absence would provoke a seizure, and again barbs arent super potent (at least i can't think of any, they may exist never heard of it though). Could happen with an existing BZD dependency. I'd test for it again though.

I was told that klonopin comes up as a barb in urine tests. I know while I was on klonopin sometimes I tested positive for benzos and other times barbiturates 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

I'd be surprised if street heroin actually had a barb in it given the rarity of clandestine labs that make and distribute barbiturates, but the driving logic in these situations really comes down to economics, barbs aren't potent enough as a class of drugs to make economic sense as an active adulturant (at least offhand im not aware of a barb potent in the low mg range where it would make sense). Of course it's a weird world and all kinds of crazy shit happens so anything is possible. Just doesn't pass the basic logic test, street drugs are almost always formulated in economically logical manner. Then again i don't think the immunoassay test for barbiturates are subject to as much static/feedback as say PCP, for which there are more compounds that generate false positives (ie false barb positives are not common). Although i think some NSAID glucuronide metabolites can set it off.

Id order a few barb urine test kits and test again. If it does have a barb in it i would imagine it would take a long period of consistent use to get to point where its absence would provoke a seizure, and again barbs arent super potent (at least i can't think of any, they may exist never heard of it though). Could happen with an existing BZD dependency. I'd test for it again though.
I read a link that allobarbital is a very common cut in the area I was picking up. Other barbituates too, but for some reason allobarbital was the most common. I'm not sure if I can find the link again.

Barbituates are easy to synthesize compared to many other drugs so it does make some sense, plus they're water soluble salts unlike many other GABAA PAM's. If dealers could put alprazolam in dope many would.

To me they make perfect sense of any active adulterant. They're not the most potent drugs, but most are still significantly active in the 50-150mg range. A bag is like 25-50mg usually, and most people do more than one bag.

Barbituates and xylazine where the most common active cuts in this specific area of Philadelphia, with 3-methylfentanyl or carfentanil usually being main the opioid.

Someone at the clinic put clean urine (with Methadone metabolites in it from regular usage) and put in juice box with straw lol, would fill cup with it 1/4 ways. Most bathrooms however have several cameras and 2 way mirror, some not, but very few don’t.

That’s a pickle …. Carisoprodol (Soma) is more of a PAM at the barbiturate binding site, as apposed to benzo complex sites, if you can acquire ?

Perhaps have a serious talk with prescribing doc, the clinic will have their policies but if doc knows the details, might be understanding to let you wean slowly with Valiums or be ok with very low doses, legally prescribed….few patients at my clinic had valid scripts for benzos