• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☠ WARNING ☠ [Important NBOMe warning] Taking unknown blotters sold as LSD

Im not your average tripper by any means, sometimes i go hard to the paint and will trip that much for years. Ever escalating doses and swapping one psychedelic family for the other. If you have the means, you can make it work.

Youd be surprised how far you can go with a healthy drug collection, i like to collect substances and then mix&match compounds. When i vape DMT i like to do it on other drugs generally in 50mg+ dosages to add some fireworks.
ive never vaped DMT, only took monster dabs of it and sometimes broke through and other times just got trippy. Ive took a huge hit of dmt while peaking on a bunch of LSD and never want to feel that comfy ever again, thats why I find it different when people enjoy mixing all these drugs, I get nervous about something happening that you may not expect as most of those drugs you mentioned have little to no history or pharmacology data.

ive never vaped DMT, only took monster dabs of it and sometimes broke through and other times just got trippy. Ive took a huge hit of dmt while peaking on a bunch of LSD and never want to feel that comfy ever again, thats why I find it different when people enjoy mixing all these drugs, I get nervous about something happening that you may not expect as most of those drugs you mentioned have little to no history or pharmacology data.

treading knew waters my friend 🫂

Somebodies gotta find how the key fits

Years ago, I bought a capsule from a guy that was supposed to be 25mg of 2C-D. Apparently he also had one of the 25x NBOMES, and put 25 mg of that in the capsule instead on accident, it was a genuine mistake.

I thought I was going to die, I was writhing around on the floor thinking that the police were downstairs and going to come kill me for some reason. I slid down the stairs like a snake, and hid in a half full bathtub, because I figured they couldn't see me in the water. It was BAD. I am, and was at the time, pretty experienced with psychedelics. Half a dozen hits of acid, or quarter ounce of mushrooms isn't an uncommon dose for me. But that stuff was otherworldly, for about 5 or 6 hours it was so bad I didn't even know where I was, I spent about 3 or 4 hours after that rolling around on the soft carpet, and then I spent the next maybe 15 hours tripping balls somewhat enjoyably. It's in the top two or three most brutal experiences of my life.

Those chemicals scare the shit out of me. Not the drugs themselves, but at how easy it is to make a mistake like that. I continued to take sketchy psychedelics for a while after that, but now I don't touch anything synthetic because I don't know what it is and am not willing to risk it. Natural trips are safe and fantastic, I'll definitely stick with those.

Years ago, I bought a capsule from a guy that was supposed to be 25mg of 2C-D. Apparently he also had one of the 25x NBOMES, and put 25 mg of that in the capsule instead on accident, it was a genuine mistake.

I thought I was going to die, I was writhing around on the floor thinking that the police were downstairs and going to come kill me for some reason. I slid down the stairs like a snake, and hid in a half full bathtub, because I figured they couldn't see me in the water. It was BAD. I am, and was at the time, pretty experienced with psychedelics. Half a dozen hits of acid, or quarter ounce of mushrooms isn't an uncommon dose for me. But that stuff was otherworldly, for about 5 or 6 hours it was so bad I didn't even know where I was, I spent about 3 or 4 hours after that rolling around on the soft carpet, and then I spent the next maybe 15 hours tripping balls somewhat enjoyably. It's in the top two or three most brutal experiences of my life.

Those chemicals scare the shit out of me. Not the drugs themselves, but at how easy it is to make a mistake like that. I continued to take sketchy psychedelics for a while after that, but now I don't touch anything synthetic because I don't know what it is and am not willing to risk it. Natural trips are safe and fantastic, I'll definitely stick with those.
sounds like 2c-p but I took ay too much and I guess its exponential and I took WAY too much and it had me tripping for 2 days straight ni joke and I had to go to ckasss and shit lol I remember sitting in wes civ 2 with my frat bro who I took it with and asking him when the floor would stop being snakes lol I mean 36 hours later and im still full on fuckign tripping.
2C-P MFS

I like how being on BL refreshes my memory about many things lived trough during hell of a ride lasting years, even decades I could.

Sometimes things about some experience, sometimes about some people that were/are in my life, or like in this case drugs. I liked 2c-p, forgot about that one. And not because I’m forgetful or it wasn’t worth remembering but because I tried it in a period of life I was abusing few drugs almost all of the time and so diluted and made fogy memory of some of the many drugs I tried over years. I tried 2c-p in a lowish dose and liked it for a long duration but didn’t never went high enough out of 2 – 3 times I used it (had too little of it and “had” to share it). What I remember about 2c-p is that at dose I tried it it felt most similar to 2c-e out of all other 2c-x I tried (2c-b, 2c-e, 2c-i, 2c-t-2, 2c-c) but I also felt with proper dose similarity to 2c-e would probably vanish (almost) completely. Maybe some day I’ll find out.

As for nbom’s I think biggest fuck up whit them on RC scene was a) what was standard dose and b) coming on blotters at all. I tried B, I and C and had most wonderful experience on a low dose of all 3 combined (maybe 2 mg combined) AND on only 500µ of C and I usually love huge doses of psychedelics. I tried 1 and 2 tabs of C (cca 1 and cca 2mg) and didn’t really enjoyed it. I regret never trying it nasally and I’m also sad people didn’t opted out for that form as standard. Blotters are NOT A GOOD IDEA for nbome’s as different type of paper, hbpdc or not, how big blotters are AND add all the usual parameters affecting absorption of medically, highly professionally prepared substances for sublingual use AND totally new ROA for most people…catastrophes were bound to happen as person A got X blotter and used it in different way than person B with Y blotter, adding confusion about dosing, how long and where to hold it in mouth etc…. Is everyone had SPRAY and if it was MODERATELY dosed per push deaths and other catastrophic occurrences during “nbome scare” could have been prevented.

MAKE SURE YOU READ G_CHEM'S OBJECTIONS TO THIS POST HERE: https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/im...own-blotters-sold-as-lsd.724566/post-15870893

Hello!

Please read this warning about blotters if you ever take any that you can be any less than 100% sure of, and admit it... how often can you be sure.

Despite the title of the thread, basically these warnings apply to all use of compounds of this type.
Thanks for sharing, especially for the hint with using UV light. I have some remarks; spent a couple of evenings since friday researching NBOMes after getting suspicious after trips from a friend dropping four small tears on waffles for me. I registered at this site for discussing this.
Speaking for myself, I completely missed the fact that something like NBOME was even possible since the early 2010s. After decades of (sporadically) dropping acid I felt completely safe from getting harmful trips, because lsd works in such small quantities that it was impossible to slip one something else or deliberately try to poison someone or pass a substitute. Well, as I learned last friday, not anymore. I know some other veteran frybabies paying close attention to what's going on on the street, but they learned about NBOMEs from me. I guess that especially the older guys knowing their acid are susceptible for a false sense of safety, so getting the word out to them is important. (Disturbingly, the boomer friend who shared drops from his stash from a tiny plastic bottle the size of a soy sauce dispenser you get from sushi takeouts, has not picked up the phone in almost a week.)

This is how I got suspicious:
  • the drops had a strong minty taste -- lsd is soluble in water, whereas nbome is not; eucalyptus oil is a popular solvent for hydrophobic (oily) substances what nbome apparently is
  • the high had a fairly strong physical (~ ecstasy) component that I never experienced on earlier (pre-NBOMe) trips -- I also felt a little shaky on my legs and something was going on with circulation
  • the onset was unusually rapid, at least for me -- after 20 minutes I was sure that the trip would happen (usually 60 minutes)
  • no lsd-specific hangover after getting up from bed whatsoever -- for me, that's feeling pleasantly touched (~ touched to tears) by clouds and leaves for ca. 12 hours after getting up
Apart from that, the trips could easily pass for true frying, so NBOM is an incredibly faithful substitute. And much easier to make than actual lsd; even seasoned chemists with access to an industrial-strength lab reportedly feel challenged with lsd. It would be good style if dealers were honest about selling the more dangerous (ngl pretty awesome) 25I-NBOMe instead of claiming that it was lsd.

What this means for you (up for debate, I'm new to this, so feel free to correct me):

1.) There is no reason to dilute acid with anything else but water. If your trip has a taste or is obviously not dissolved in water, that's probably evidence that you did not get lsd.
2.) If you know your acid and feel that something is off, it actually might be different, because NBOMe is at work.

In such a case, do not drop more in order to enhance the trip. Also: NBOMe is most certainly the wrong drug to try out what's gonna happen if you really overdo it or for party dares, what has been a tradition with acid since the days of Hunter S. Thompson's youth. What's more, you have a decision to make. Since NBOMe is fairly new and long-term effects are unknown at this point, and since selling NBOMe as lsd is a fairly seductive business proposition for dealers, you might refrain from tripping acid (or "acid") altogether until more research is sourced.

As for the UV light - real lsd glows in blacklight - there is not much to be found on the web, but this article is very useful if true: https://erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_testing2.shtml The article is very specific on wavelength: 254nm (and) 365nm. I ordered this 365nm lamp last friday from amazon and it came in the mail today: https://www.amazon.com/DARKBEAM-Rechargeable-Ultraviolet-Anti-Counterfeit-Fluorescent/dp/B09XV2WRXT/

Unfortunately, without access to a sample, I cannot verify anything, but the lamp obviously works. (And revealed that I'm not as good a toilet cleaner as I thought I was, btw. Brrr.) HOWEVER, EVEN IF A SAMPLE GLOWS IN THE DARK, MIND THE FACT THAT SLY DEALERS MIGHT USE A SOLVENT THAT GLOWS IN THE DARK IN ORDER TO COVER UP THE NBOME. For that reason, I will experiment with eucalyptus oil and menthol in order to see if either glows without any lsd. (Found nothing on the matter on the web.) And since lsd works on the microgram-level, perhaps a (toy) microscope is a good idea.

As for warning other people, I found the wikipedia-article fairly useful and comprehensible, so there you go with a primer for friends: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/25I-NBOMe

Getting slipped NBOMe as lsd is in all likelihood more than a remote possibility these days, because NBOMe can easily pass as lsd, but is easier to make (always important for underground chemists). On the other hand, if it weren't for the fairly narrow gap between effective dose and harmful dose and for the lack of research into long-term effects, NBOMe would be a really good substitute for frybabies. I'M NOT ENDORSING DRUG USE, BUT IF YOU ARE READING THIS FORUM YOU ARE PROBABLY BEYOND REDEMPTION ANYWAY.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing, especially for the hint with using UV light. I have some remarks; spent a couple of evenings since friday researching NBOMes after getting suspicious after trips from a friend dropping four small tears on waffles for me. I registered at this site for discussing this.
Speaking for myself, I completely missed the fact that something like NBOME was even possible since the early 2010s. After decades of (sporadically) dropping acid I felt completely safe from getting harmful trips, because lsd works in such small quantities that it was impossible to slip one something else or deliberately try to poison someone or pass a substitute. Well, as I learned last friday, not anymore. I know some other veteran frybabies paying close attention to what's going on on the street, but they learned about NBOMEs from me. I guess that especially the older guys knowing their acid are susceptible for a false sense of safety, so getting the word out to them is important. (Disturbingly, the boomer friend who shared drops from his stash from a tiny plastic bottle the size of a soy sauce dispenser you get from sushi takeouts, has not picked up the phone in almost a week.)

This is how I got suspicious:
  • the drops had a strong minty taste -- lsd is soluble in water, whereas nbome is not; eucalyptus oil is a popular solvent for hydrophobic (oily) substances what nbome apparently is
  • the high had a fairly strong physical (~ ecstasy) component that I never experienced on earlier (pre-NBOMe) trips -- I also felt a little shaky on my legs and something was going on with circulation
  • the onset was unusually rapid, at least for me -- after 20 minutes I was sure that the trip would happen (usually 60 minutes)
  • no lsd-specific hangover after getting up from bed whatsoever -- for me, that's feeling pleasantly touched (~ touched to tears) by clouds and leaves for ca. 12 hours after getting up
Apart from that, the trips could easily pass for true frying, so NBOM is an incredibly faithful substitute. And much easier to make than actual lsd; even seasoned chemists with access to an industrial-strength lab reportedly feel challenged with lsd. It would be good style if dealers were honest about selling the more dangerous (but enjoyable) 25I-NBOMe instead of claiming that it was lsd.

What this means for you (up for debate, I'm new to this, so feel free to correct me):

1.) There is no reason to dilute acid with anything else but water. If your trip has a taste or is obviously not dissolved in water, that's probably evidence that you did not get lsd.
2.) If you know your acid and feel that something is off, it actually might be different, because NBOMe is at work.

In such a case, do not drop more in order to enhance the trip. Also: NBOMe is most certainly the wrong drug to try out what's gonna happen if you really overdo it or for party dares, what has been a tradition with acid since the days of Hunter S. Thompson's youth. What's more, you have a decision to make. Since NBOMe is fairly new and long-term effects are unknown at this point, and since selling NBOMe as lsd is a fairly seductive business proposition for dealers, you might refrain from tripping acid (or "acid") altogether until more research is sourced.

As for the UV light - real lsd glows in blacklight - there is not much to be found on the web, but this article is very useful if true: https://erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_testing2.shtml The article is very specific on wavelength: 254nm (and) 365nm. I ordered this 365nm lamp last friday from amazon and it came in the mail today: https://www.amazon.com/DARKBEAM-Rechargeable-Ultraviolet-Anti-Counterfeit-Fluorescent/dp/B09XV2WRXT/

Unfortunately, without access to a sample, I cannot verify anything, but the lamp obviously works. (And revealed that I'm not as good a toilet cleaner as I thought I was, btw. Brrr.) HOWEVER, EVEN IF A SAMPLE GLOWS IN THE DARK, MIND THE FACT THAT SLY DEALERS MIGHT USE A SOLVENT THAT GLOWS IN THE DARK IN ORDER TO COVER UP THE NBOME. For that reason, I will experiment with eucalyptus oil and menthol in order to see if either glows without any lsd. (Found nothing on the matter on the web.) And since lsd works on the microgram-level, perhaps a (toy) microscope is a good idea.

As for warning other people, I found the wikipedia-article fairly useful and comprehensible, so there you go with a primer for friends: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/25I-NBOMe

Getting slipped NBOMe as lsd is in all likelihood more than a remote possibility these days, because NBOMe can easily pass as lsd, but is easier to make (always important for underground chemists). On the other hand, if it weren't for the fairly narrow gap between effective dose and harmful dose and for the lack of research into long-term effects, NBOMe would be a really good substitute for frybabies. I'M NOT ENDORSING DRUG USE, BUT IF YOU ARE READING THIS FORUM YOU ARE PROBABLY BEYOND REDEMPTION ANYWAY.

Honestly it was probably just LSD. I notice no mention of an extreme bitter taste which is hallmark for NBomes, even in low doses.

Also I’ve had LSD that tasted minty on many occasions and most of the liquid I’ve done over my lifetime has been minty. It usually comes in breath mint bottles. This has been going on for a long time. Always been very high quality L.

NBomes are not nearly as common as they were when this thread first got started.

-GC

Honestly it was probably just LSD. I notice no mention of an extreme bitter taste which is hallmark for NBomes, even in low doses.

Also I’ve had LSD that tasted minty on many occasions and most of the liquid I’ve done over my lifetime has been minty. It usually comes in breath mint bottles. This has been going on for a long time. Always been very high quality L.

NBomes are not nearly as common as they were when this thread first got started.

-GC
if it's bitter, it's a spitter
When in doubt test it ...

Thanks for your swift reply, G_Chem!

Honestly it was probably just LSD.

I like hearing that, but still...

G_Chem said:
I notice no mention of an extreme bitter taste which is hallmark for NBomes, even in low doses.

Bitter, metallic taste is mentioned in wikipedia, but I'm not sure if that's noticeable from µgrams. What's more, mint flavor could be a measure for hiding that taste.

G_Chem said:
Also I’ve had LSD that tasted minty on many occasions and most of the liquid I’ve done over my lifetime has been minty. It usually comes in breath mint bottles.

Never had that, but the more you know... Thanks again.

As for my resolution to check eucalyptus oil and menthol with 365nm light: I got myself both at the pharmacy. (Menthol crystals, eucalyptus oil.) Neither glows in 365nm light, so that acid test should work even if there is a minty taste -- assuming that sly dealers don't add something else that glows. However, it's always safe to say that it's not acid if it does not glow.

A safer test for detecting le bom would be one that gives a signal on the iodine in the compound, which acid does not have. There is a simple test involving silver nitrate and ammonia, but it's probably pointless if you have only micrograms of a sample.

Last edited:
Ran into it down in DFW strong dose on green and purple bloder it was in 2012.

They claimed to have several different variance of 25i. But also by the time it gets to your local street dealer nobody really knows the proper nomenclature anymore. Often times it's sold as LSD it tasted absolutely horrid. I was relatively lucky upon ingestion My partner at the time grew up for several hours and became very unresponsive.

Scary scary stuff.

Just remember LSD usually has no horrible battery acid taste. If it tastes like poison spit it out but then again it might also be too late.

I have a trip report that I named the dancing outlaw where I ingested 10 dosage units of 25i nbom.

Award myself the Darwin award on that one

I have a trip report that I named the dancing outlaw where I ingested 10 dosage units of 25i nbom.
Award myself the Darwin award on that one

Did you know that it was TEh BOMB? If not, that's exactly the problem. "Hey, it's acid, and two drops were awesome, so let's try four now! What's the worst that can happen?" Safe with acid, with 25I-NBOMe not so much.

How do you test it? Are kits any good? (Not available anywhere where I live.)

Ehrich Test are available all over the world
Hoffman Tests (also available allover the world) is a good 2nd tier test

In my area, during the 2010-2015 time period, pretty much ALL psychedelics you could purchase were RC NBOMEs, pre-dosed powdered capsules were pretty popular, and, with few exceptions, all of the paper tabs were an NBOME.

They've pretty much fallen out of style now, I wouldn't even know where to find an NBOME if I did want it. Real LSD seems to be making a resurgence.

Couple teens died on the east coast back then. It was probably the saddest thing I heard of at the time. One brother tried to perform cpr on his sibling. He watched him die right there on the floor of the kitchen. It was one week after we had it down here. Kid was 16. Sold as lsd by one of there friends.

There is no need to die from mislabeled RC. Harm reduction saves lives

Thanks for your swift reply, G_Chem!

I like hearing that, but still...

Bitter, metallic taste is mentioned in wikipedia, but I'm not sure if that's noticeable from µgrams. What's more, mint flavor could be a measure for hiding that taste.

Never had that, but the more you know... Thanks again.

As for my resolution to check eucalyptus oil and menthol with 365nm light: I got myself both at the pharmacy. (Menthol crystals, eucalyptus oil.) Neither glows in 365nm light, so that acid test should work even if there is a minty taste -- assuming that sly dealers don't add something else that glows. However, it's always safe to say that it's not acid if it does not glow.

A safer test for detecting le bom would be one that gives a signal on the iodine in the compound, which acid does not have. There is a simple test involving silver nitrate and ammonia, but it's probably pointless if you have only micrograms of a sample.

I can taste 25B and 25C at 100ug very very easily. I could probably detect it at 25-50ug. I used to take 250ug which surprisingly for me is a strong dose and it was very bitter with slight numbing.

Typical doses are 500ug to 1000ug so to get enough you’d trip, you’ll be tasting it no doubt.

I will say, the liquid I used to get that was minty definitely had a different vibe to it. Very laughy good humored shit, also more visual. All around good dose. I’m willing to entertain the possibility of some LSD analogue floating about.

-GC

Couple teens died on the east coast back then. It was probably the saddest thing I heard of at the time. One brother tried to perform cpr on his sibling. He watched him die right there on the floor of the kitchen. It was one week after we had it down here. Kid was 16. Sold as lsd by one of there friends.

There is no need to die from mislabeled RC. Harm reduction saves lives
I was almost one of those teens. Two of the ones that died had the same supplier I did, and he had accidentally dosed out caps that were about 30x (guestimate) more potent than they should have been. I can't remember the specific drugs, but the general idea was he got something that was supposed to be dosed and capsuled out at about 20 mg, it ended up being something that should have been about 500 micrograms (or something like that, my number is probably aren't exact).

I can eat 10 or 15 tabs of a really good LSD and handle myself decently. I took a half a capsule of this stuff (thank God it was only a half) and my mind melted into another dimension. I was rolling around in the carpet convinced that I had killed somebody, and let the cops were downstairs, I hid in a bathtub that was half full for hours. I slithered headfirst down the stairs like a snake. Shit lasted like 15 hours of full tripping ass balls too.

It's important to mention that I had taken the exact same drug, from the exact same batch, at a proper dose a few months later and enjoyed myself, so it wasn't a strange reaction to the drug.

If I wasn't around the right people, and in the right setting (with access to benzos and antipsychotics), I very easily could have ended up dead.

The only other time I had a "close call" tripping (out of hundreds of times, with many different psychedelics) was an NBOME blotter strip. I bought a sheet, and had been popping a few tabs here and there with friends for fun over the course of a few months. I knew they were an NBOME, again, it's been years so I can't remember the specific one. The first 50 are so hits were dosed perfectly, and two hits made for a great time, according to about 10 different people, myself included.

Then one day me and my friend pop a tab each, he was laughing at having a good time, while I was sent to an entirely different world. It felt like I had eaten 20 hits of acid, my blood pressure was so high I could see my veins popping out. Complete overdrive.

I couldn't tell you if that tab had a larger amount of the drug on it, or if I have a bad reaction that one time, but I do know that the two times I've had bad experiences with psychedelics it's both been with an NBOME.

If I knew somebody who had tested NBOMEs with a known and consistent dose, I would probably do them, but without those requirements, fuck that.

I can taste 25B and 25C at 100ug very very easily. I could probably detect it at 25-50ug. I used to take 250ug which surprisingly for me is a strong dose and it was very bitter with slight numbing.
Typical doses are 500ug to 1000ug so to get enough you’d trip, you’ll be tasting it no doubt.

Interesting, and vaguely plausible considering that a few specs of ground pepper do taste like pepper, and so does sugar in a single drop. As for the slight numbing: I remember that my lips felt slightly numb during the peak.

I will say, the liquid I used to get that was minty definitely had a different vibe to it. Very laughy good humored shit, also more visual. All around good dose. I’m willing to entertain the possibility of some LSD analogue floating about.

Would.

Couple teens died on the east coast back then. It was probably the saddest thing I heard of at the time.

I'm sorry to hear that, but drug education would help. You can't keep teenagers from doing dangerous shyte, legal or not, so independently from legalization, parents, teachers and cops should give information for assessing risks so that they can do that responsibly. It sort of works with sex education and those 16mm movies for getting the driver's license.

Also: In my country, there is an agency run by the socialist party who sends booths with chemists and electronics to raves and discos that checks pills, powders and blotters for patrons, although no drugs are legal here. The agency also has a walk-in shop for that, posting the results from analysis in their shop windows and online. https://checkit.wien/drug-checking-ergebnisse/ Walk in, drop a sample, and they tell you whether your stash is safe or not. Strangely enough, everyone at the facility opposes legalization (party line), even for medical marijuana. (Over the last 20 years, increasingly high content has become a problem. 20 years ago, your average ecstasy pill was 30-50mg. Now it's 150-300mg. However, I don't know how popular the facility is among teenagers, especially foreigners who typically don't trust government institutions.

One brother tried to perform cpr on his sibling. He watched him die right there on the floor of the kitchen. It was one week after we had it down here. Kid was 16. Sold as lsd by one of there friends.

Sad. Proper drug education and/or drug-checking facility might have helped.