• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

In Memoriam Captain.Heroin

I have confirmed this with family. CaptainHeroin, who has been a senior moderator here for so long, has recently passed away from a tragic OD. He has helped me for very many years with harm reduction, along with countless others. He helped me laugh when no one else could. It is with great sadness I announce this to the BL community. I am weeping.

Yeah they just come out of the blue. My partner accidentally od'd a month before our wedding as she had been suffering anxiety for months. She just got carried away one night with the etizolam and white Russians...then decided to try a swig of my methadone when I was passed out...she was cold and stiff when I woke up on the settee.
That was 2 years ago and I'm still fucked up. But we had a little boy which is the only thing that stopped me from joining her.
Drugs fucking SUCK sometimes.
I can completely relate to what you wrote. I lost my boyfriend/husband of 20 years to his OD...right in front of my eyes. We were at the library and he went to shoot up in the bathroom and I just knew something was not right because he was taking too long. So the FUCKING IDIOT security guards, whom I was screaming at to PLEASE go in the men's restroom and look for him...sat with their fingers up
their asses until finally (it literally felt like forever) someone I knew, a male friend, went in and found him on the floor. He said to me "you do not want to go in there'. That was 5 years ago and I am still a broken, sick, fucked up complicated person over it. I have tremendous guilt because I gave him the shit. Just a little because I knew his propensity for overdosing. I honestly feel like I murdered him. I am 12 days clean for the first time in 8 years. But there is no boasting over it, because I know I could cave any second, I so do not want to deal with the pain of losing him. He was THE ONE for me. Two peas in a pod type shit, ride or die. It just fucking sucks.

Rest in peace brotha. One of my original Bluelight idols. I didn't know the guy well or even know his actual name. He was one of the people who made me believe that we all not only had a voice that matters, but that we can actually affect change simply by being present and sharing our experiences.

Last I remember he was heavily into dabs and Xanax. Was his name Andrew? How old was he? Are these too personal? He and I did chat on here a bit.

Same. It's unreal. I know it's true and yet it also seems like it can't be true. That it can't be that I'll never talk to him again. :(

Fuck if I'm not careful I'm gonna start crying again. :(
Allow yourself to cry as much as you need to honey <3

Allow yourself to cry as much as you need to honey <3

Well I've certainly done plenty of that. I probably cried most of the day for the first couple days.

Seems like only very recently where I've started to sometimes, maybe, go a whole day any not cry about it. :(

I also seem to sometimes, when it's late and my mental health isn't as good, sometimes I'll deliberately read either this thread or conversations I had with him, and that'll start me off again too. :(

I dunno. I know from experience that it will get better. Eventually. But it takes time. :(

I feel a giant mess of emotions. Sometimes just grief, sometimes guilt, sometimes I feel anger. I feel angry at him for all the times he brushed off our concerns that this might happen. Then back to guilt again. Guilt for not trying harder to be there for him, guilt for being angry that he wouldn't or couldn't let us help him.

:(

Well I've certainly done plenty of that. I probably cried most of the day for the first couple days.

Seems like only very recently where I've started to sometimes, maybe, go a whole day any not cry about it. :(

I also seem to sometimes, when it's late and my mental health isn't as good, sometimes I'll deliberately read either this thread or conversations I had with him, and that'll start me off again too. :(

I dunno. I know from experience that it will get better. Eventually. But it takes time. :(

I feel a giant mess of emotions. Sometimes just grief, sometimes guilt, sometimes I feel anger. I feel angry at him for all the times he brushed off our concerns that this might happen. Then back to guilt again. Guilt for not trying harder to be there for him, guilt for being angry that he wouldn't or couldn't let us help him.

:(
ALL of what you just said is very reminiscent of my grief journey for the first 6 months after my best friend Dan died. So I relate to that soooo much <3 It's all part of the grief process Jess, there's no right or wrong way to grieve, just go with it, let it wash over you, give yourself permission to feel it all.

Andrew was 33.

One day he asked me if I could play cribbage which he learned from his grandparents. He told me that he loved it but didn’t know anyone who played. I told him, “Well now you do!” We made tentative plans to meet at a restaurant in LA when he was feeling better. But he just became more and more death/suicide obsessed. He didn’t go out a whole lot.