• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

In Memoriam Captain.Heroin

I have confirmed this with family. CaptainHeroin, who has been a senior moderator here for so long, has recently passed away from a tragic OD. He has helped me for very many years with harm reduction, along with countless others. He helped me laugh when no one else could. It is with great sadness I announce this to the BL community. I am weeping.

I didn't mean the question mark on if he's a beautiful person. We need to enshrine this. This man didn't have 100,000 posts nearly for no reason, no matter how determined he was

I miss him so much.

I wish things were different. But we need to move on. We always will, everyone for all the time were alive. Let's make a shrine. Please.

Cheshire_Kat said:

Punctuation kills, doesn't it @Outlier ?
That's cold. But it set the stage anyhow right?

It wasn't meant to be cold, it was meant to show how one single character changes the apparent meaning of a post AND how it can be quite innocent and accidental. ♥️

Last edited:
I wish things were different. But we need to move on. We always will, everyone for all the time were alive. Let's make a shrine. Please.

There should definitely be a shrine, perhaps a senior mod could merge the two existing threads (assuming my memory is correct and there's another one in the lounge).

Or move both but lock one?

Wow... So it's finally here, a shrine thread for cap. I mean I know it's a small symbolic thing moving the thread, still, can't say it doesn't hurt, or bring back up some existing hurt. :(

I'm glad it's been moved though, thanks @mal3volent

I have confirmed this with family. CaptainHeroin, who has been a senior moderator here for so long, has recently passed away from a tragic OD. He has helped me for very many years with harm reduction, along with countless others. He helped me laugh when no one else could. It is with great sadness I announce this to the BL community. I am weeping.
I remember him well, always supporting other members. So sad that he relapsed

After my initial raising a glass for him, on numerous occasions after preparing a shot, right before I spike my vein (with ketamine ftr) i have (sat by myself) done a physical salute navy style and said "this ones for you Cap"

BL makes me feel kinda sad/nostalgic now especially when i post in his threads (ie the lyrica megathread) although I am happy to have talked to, laughed with and learned so much from Cap.
He was always here from when I joined like a decade ago.
R.I.P

There should definitely be a shrine, perhaps a senior mod could merge the two existing threads (assuming my memory is correct and there's another one in the lounge).

Or move both but lock one?
I totally agree. Just the mass amount of energy and TRUE thoughtfulness he put into his responses is remarkable. I am having a hard time now looking at his posts. They were MASSIVE! And he didn't just say things off the cuff, he really cared. And therefore, this chick thinks he deserves a shrine. Shit, he was on this site back when I was just starting to use heroin. And his avatar was what kept bringing
me back. I was only lurking then (didn't have a proper habit yet), but learned SO MUCH from him. I am really fucked up over this and I did not know him personally. It hurts when someone so kind
and caring but definitely wrecked inside, is taken out. To me, he was Bluelight.

Q3H1CHJ.jpg
PLEASE TELL ME WTF THESE ARE!!!!!! Its driving me crazy:LOL: