View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous (In my subjective opinion) Mushrooms are waaaay better than LSD

wirkdy

Bluelighter
This is just a personal experience and opinion I'd like to share, it may help others who would like to try one or both of the substances.

In my teens I tried lsd a few times, it is good and you can have a really good time both in company where with the right people and atmosphere you can laugh and enjoy the trip and also alone where you can have introspective and awareness increasing trips. But lsd is strong and heavy on your mind and body and if you're not completely at ease personally a trip may become unpleasant and it's not easy to reverse it.

I don't have any particular memory of a trip that went very wrong honestly but I would not do lsd again because it is very strong and the aftermath too, when the trip is over you are very shaken.

Instead I tried mushrooms recently and boy are they gooooood!!

The effects are much better and way colorful than lsd, also the visual effects you see by keeping your eyes open and the images you see when keeping them closed are better, they are really funny and made me laugh! Also if the trip gets unpleasant it is easier to make it pleasant again. I was positively impressed by shrooms, the aftermath is good to you feel good and life is more colorful, you don't feel exhausted like when lsd trip is over.
Overall I'd describe shrooms as more natural and soft than lsd, you can have very interesting intro- and extro-spective trips than enhance your overall awareness, I also believe they are good against depression both light and heavy as medical researches are beginning to admit. So if you're undecided between lsd and shrooms...pick shrooms no regrets!

they're ok but i like acid better

shrooms are always more shifty for me - one minute im trippin, next minute im not - and it's just this constant shift of pure enlightenment and pure confusion that goes on for me

i don't like that stomach action either - in fact, i feel like im slightly poisoned - probably because i am :)

8mVcnfd.gif

Last edited:
I found LSD to be a wonderful experience with mdma but as I have a tendency towards anxiety and paranoia, it's not fun at all on its own (or with weed, good god what a terrible experience). I'm sure that those who are brave enough have many enlightening and spiritual experiences with it and I have definitely heard as such from friends, but I wouldn't risk it for fear of thought spirals (which would probably make them more likely anyway!)

Mushrooms on the other hand I feel very comfortable with. I have never had a negative experience and have done them many, many more times than LSD where after a few doses many years ago I just know it's not for me. I still wouldn't recommend shrooms with weed on the whole though, I just don't really like it, but each to their own I guess.

Even experiences that I would have described as "difficult" with mushrooms have been very enlightening and have happened because there was something on my mind that I needed to work through. So I've always got something out of it, whether it's been a positive or a more challenging experience. I find that the creativity and insight that results from a dose of mushrooms is so valuable, whether it's a 1g dose or 3.5g, though I've never gone any higher as I haven't felt the need.

My personal sense of creativity is in more of a problem-solving and idea-generation capacity in general rather than artistic or musical. So I've found them a brilliant tool for solo-tripping (having had previous supervised experience ofc) when you've got something to figure out, as well as a social lubricant or just a bit of fun. I am an emotionally and physically sensitive person so psychedelics impact me quite strongly. I need to be careful regardless of the variety, but I find that I "trust" mushrooms in a way I struggle to trust any chemical (nearest exception being high quality ketamine 🙂)

Re:nausea I've found that I've only ever experienced nausea with certain strains, when drinking shroom tea, if the shrooms grew with certain contaminants or haven't been cleaned well enough. Eating a small meal a couple of hours before, using lemon Tek, trying to find Penis Envy or any combo of those three things removed any nausea for me, even when eating dry, as long as the shrooms are nice and clean.

Capping powdered shrooms is also a brilliant way to consume them if you want the longer and somewhat less intense experience than lemon Tek and don't want to drink the tea or eat them whole. Mushroom chocolate as well is a fun one and makes a nice gift 😁

Last edited:
I found LSD to be a wonderful experience with mdma but as I have a tendency towards anxiety and paranoia, it's not fun at all on its own (or with weed, good god what a terrible experience). I'm sure that those who are brave enough have many enlightening and spiritual experiences with it and I have definitely heard as such from friends, but I wouldn't risk it for fear of thought spirals (which would probably make them more likely anyway!)

Mushrooms on the other hand I feel very comfortable with. I have never had a negative experience and have done them many, many more times than LSD where after a few doses many years ago I just know it's not for me. I still wouldn't recommend shrooms with weed on the whole though, I just don't really like it, but each to their own I guess.

Even experiences that I would have described as "difficult" with mushrooms have been very enlightening and have happened because there was something on my mind that I needed to work through. So I've always got something out of it, whether it's been a positive or a more challenging experience. I find that the creativity and insight that results from a dose of mushrooms is so valuable, whether it's a 1g dose or 3.5g, though I've never gone any higher as I haven't felt the need.

My personal sense of creativity is in more of a problem-solving and idea-generation capacity in general rather than artistic or musical. So I've found them a brilliant tool for solo-tripping (having had previous supervised experience ofc) when you've got something to figure out, as well as a social lubricant or just a bit of fun. I am an emotionally and physically sensitive person so psychedelics impact me quite strongly. I need to be careful regardless of the variety, but I find that I "trust" mushrooms in a way I struggle to trust any chemical (nearest exception being high quality ketamine 🙂)

Re:nausea I've found that I've only ever experienced nausea with certain strains, when drinking shroom tea, if the shrooms grew with certain contaminants or haven't been cleaned well enough. Eating a small meal a couple of hours before, using lemon Tek, trying to find Penis Envy or any combo of those three things removed any nausea for me, even when eating dry, as long as the shrooms are nice and clean.

Capping powdered shrooms is also a brilliant way to consume them if you want the longer and somewhat less intense experience than lemon Tek and don't want to drink the tea or eat them whole. Mushroom chocolate as well is a fun one and makes a nice gift 😁
getting ready to sample some chocolate, finally......but want to be in nature, so im holding out, enjoyed your post

Wish i try acid.As to fungi-been a shroomcollector from a child.learn to know a numerous edible shrooms from my grandma during seasons in the mountains and pastures.From many years around psych.species too.Another passion-mycology.As to know acid trip is similar to psylo,vut is longer.some say it's even smooth,without yawning and different somehow.Mushrooms(when I am on it)always push me to the ground.some laziness.to lie on the grass and watch the clouds or at night beside the fire.even in bed-highly introspective kind a trip.Mushrooms always in my heart.

ya know tho, most people that i talk to usually like mushrooms a little better - some of them just have a tougher time on acid - i think im the opposite

but i do like the purple haze and the colors from mushrooms....the first time i ate shrooms, i saw that toward the end, and i said to my brother that i kept seeing like a purple and he said "yea - purple haze - jimi hendrix" and i went ooooh ok now i know what he's talking about lol

im always really tired tho after a mushroom trip - like i smoked a ton of weed....acid not so much - i can stay awake or go to sleep at the end but i wouldn't call it quality sleep

Both can be difficult. Both can be pleasant. I've had bad times on both, but probably more good trips than bad. Shrooms are shorter lived and I have no problem falling asleep after mushrooms. But acid will stay with my all day into the night. And the manifesting on acid is at the end of it and it can be unsettling making it impossible to sleep. I've had bad trips on both that have turned me off of them for quite some time. Haven't felt the fun of acid in awhile and have no real desire to do it anytime soon. I'm still working on some penis envy mushies tho that are quite potent. 0.4g will send you off for a little.

But whatever you choose, they all feel you're tripping.

Both are good in their own way .Im an acid consumer from lifetimes ago...for me personally (1)LSD25 (2)Synthetic Mescaline 500mg+ (3)Mushrooms
Now the only windowpane i see is in my house.

i wish nobody ever said to me "excuse me, while i kiss this guy" because now i can't listen to that song without hearing that 😐

Such different experiences. I have not ever had a challenging experience with LSD, I have with mushrooms. I suspect a challenging experience on LSD would be more traumatic and difficult. If not just for the duration alone. Thought loops are much easier to fall into on LSD.

I find mushrooms more introspective. LSD simply more fun. I never found LSD to be very therapeutic but mushrooms almost always forced this even if only a little on some occasions.

I do remember taking LSD in an empty house my friends were moving out of. We had 3 chairs, 2 pairs of sunglasses and 1 laptop. There was 3 of us. All warm and fair, but we played respectful games. Was very educational and insightful.

I a,so recall another time on mushrooms, 21 psylocybin sub aregonaisa (spelt wrong, lazy to look it up)
I recall touching the ground (was mud) and was so mystified what the wet spongy soft stuff was haha.

We always had a predictable comfortable TV show on in background to help ground if one needed it. An actor helps immensely

I look at it as an apples and oranges comparison, at least for the most part, and in the end, it is a matter of preference. To me they are tools, and depending upon my mission at any given time, one tool may work better than the other at any given time.

I will say that mushrooms, for me, provoke far more primal deeper emotional experience in me and I often end up shedding many tears with them (aside from the watery eyes and congestion that fungus always brings me initially), particularly at higher doses. I will say that I think many people who have not taken heroic doses may not know how insanely powerful these larger doses can be. It wasn't until I started doing 5+ gram doses that I understood just how powerful these experiences can be. Earth shattering, I'd say.

And of course we cannot forget about the sheer spectacle that higher doses of LSD can provoke, of course. Again, as we know, it all is a matter of personal preference. And yes...even though I have an iron stomach, I have felt "poisoned" by mushrooms on more than one occasion. And yes...capping them in a 00 capsule is a fine way to consume to avoid eating them whole, aside from the fact that capsule smack hard very quickly, for sure.

... my wife told me thats the lyrics she heard first time hearing it on the radio
at age 13

she "thought it was cool"
Wow, that's sizzling !!!

I love mushrooms though ! 🍄

I think I am going to cover up. I am freezing and shivering. Omg it's so cold today.