• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous (In my subjective opinion) Mushrooms are waaaay better than LSD

I guess comparing is a bit mental, but Yesterday I shifted back to 1pLSD after several APE sessions, and it was a lovely thing. just lovely.

Ive been doing the same thing lately mostly going back and forth from LSD to Mushrooms. Kinda prefer the Acid personally as i love drugs that have a long duration and the blotter i have is strong and if i take two i will be tripping for the entire day. The peak will be very intense and visual also, even one tab of this stuff is a +++.

My friend just gave me a batch of these Malbec Penis Envies tho and im super excited to try them soon, maybe this saturday i will take a gram and see how that treats me supposedly they are stupid strong. Im actually going on a dinner cruise in a couple weeks on my day off tho so im gonna take one blotter of Acid that day.

Mainly cuz of the duration and fact that i have a clearer mindspace when im on LSD and it works great in party situations. My girlfriend has to drive to a from so she wont be taking anything which is kinda a bummer but im su kmre she will still have a blast. Actually i will probably have her take on of the 60mg Delta-8 THC gummies i bought her last week.

For the question at point tho if i had to choose at this moment and time between my stash of L or Psilocybin id deff take the Acid any day of the week. Its just such a special drug for me and so euphoric and i love the way it clears my mind and i literally can feel my consciousness expand.

But i love Mushrooms too, they have gorgeous visuals and cause profound insights cuz the mental component is so strong. And Tryptamines give me this amazing afterglow i dont often get from Lysergamides, and deff not Phenethylamines. Everything has its place you know, im probably gonna do a Psilocybin/LSD combo soon im sure that will be a wild ride.

OK so I just went through this again, weeks of daily ~10mg+- THC water soluble extract daily + every other day <1gm APE and then ~25mics 1plsd after 48hrs no shrooms. Every evening is marvelous and the days have a nice sparkle.
the 1plsd makes me feel like my vision is wider and the music is more vibrantly paced, while the shrooms are more evenly encompassing around all the body senses.

I personally enjoy a high dose of shrooms to lsd theyre a but more unforgiving and i feel thats where i do my best learning at lsd I can kinda snjoy the trip more and it seems more of a party drugs with shrooms its like the universe is bitch slapping me and showing me where in my life im fucking up

OK so I just went through this again, weeks of daily ~10mg+- THC water soluble extract daily + every other day <1gm APE and then ~25mics 1plsd after 48hrs no shrooms. Every evening is marvelous and the days have a nice sparkle.
the 1plsd makes me feel like my vision is wider and the music is more vibrantly paced,
  • Hell yeah, I also find—for me—music appreciation is enhanced by lysergamides, more so than by phenethylamines or tryptamines. This is why I cherish L over shrooms.
  • Listening to music on acid feels like someone let me in on a secret about that music. Other trips also enhance my music appreciation, but nothing as exquisitely as L.
  • I think this is bc LSD affects a copmparatively wide range of neurotransmitters ☞ multiple serotonin, dopamine, sigma, & norepinephrine sites.
  • These form new connections across the brain that allow for synesthesia and novel excitation.

while the shrooms are more evenly encompassing around all the body senses.
Yeah shrooms can have an excellent body buzz, no doubt. They're just so much less predictable for me. I mean, I like surprises and all, but hella intense nightmarish introspection isn't my idea of a fun surprise when I was trying to have a good time at a festival or whatever, you know what I'm saying? (EDIT: not that this happens every time; all I'm saying is: in my experience I've seen ppl wig out on shrooms more than on acid, although this is just the observations of a single person here – anecdotal evidence to offer. It just seems to me shrooms wig ppl out more often than L does, though neither are typically challenging for most ppl whom I see taking them in 2023, FWIW.

I personally enjoy a high dose of shrooms to lsd theyre a but more unforgiving and i feel thats where i do my best learning at lsd I can kinda snjoy the trip more and it seems more of a party drugs with shrooms its like the universe is bitch slapping me and showing me where in my life im fucking up
Yeah but that's not always a merit. Sometimes I'm just trying to enjoy a show and I don't need the universe putting me on blast for the mistakes I've made.

I'm like: "I've got guilt and regret covered. Don't you worry your pretty little face, Universe."

But then Universe is like: "What was that, bitch? I couldn't hear you over the sound of me stomping a mud hole in your psyche after eating those mushrooms, lulz! :ROFLMAO:"

Last edited:
They both have there own different highs. With mushrooms you tend to act more like a wild man. Plus there's the downside of vomiting half way through the experience. And listening to music usually starts at the end of the trip because you act so crazy. With LSD it seems to be more intoxicating and you want to start listening to music when it starts kicking in. To me LSD is just more mind blowing than mushrooms and I would prefer LSD over mushrooms any day.

With mushrooms I tend to act more like a wild man. Plus there's the downside of vomiting half way through the experience.
Chop them up very finely and optionally make a tea with lukewarm water and vigorous stirring. You could just be sensitive to 5-HT3 receptor agonism, the serotonin subtype receptor that regulates nausea.

And listening to music usually starts at the end of the trip because I act so crazy. With LSD it seems to be more intoxicating and I want to start listening to music when it starts kicking in. To me LSD is just more mind blowing than mushrooms and I would prefer LSD over mushrooms any day.
Well regardless, taking psychedelics involve deliberately placing yourself in a vulnerable state. Set & setting are worthy of consideration in virtually every circumstance. To be sure, shrooms can be very couch-lock- and trance-inducing.

Last edited:
i'm bored of LSD and prefer shrooms nowadays.

My last LSD trip was 600 micrograms. Strongest visuals i ever had, but very little going on in my head save for being bored and thinking that i've seen all of it before.
That doesn't sound like LSD. I mean FFS ☞ 600 µg of clean LSD will mop the universe's floor with my dumbass, assuming no tolerance, and this last part is clutch. So I suspect you're either rocking a good bit of LSD tolerance from trying to take it too often and not getting some much needed breaks in there, OR given the excessive and extensive duration coupled with a relatively clear head space, what you think is acid you're taking could in fact be something like DOM or DOI – drugs known for their exhaustive duration, clean head, and a desire to be done with the tripping already, as it were.

24 hours later i was still unable to sleep, had no appetite and was just waiting for the trip to finally end.
See? That doesn't sound like LSD. The duration is not that long. Never mind my own anecdotal evidence, TiHKAL and PsychonautWiki list it as 8 - 12 hrs in duration. Hmm, but what does have a 24-hour duration? Psychedelic amphetamines like DOM, DOC, DOI, DOB, etc. 4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyamphetamine.

Had taken much smaller doses before and experienced some very interesting mental states. Funny part was when tried having sex with my gf at the time and saw her body turn into that of an old lady before my eyes. She was a genuine milf and a few years older than me, but not that old, haha.
:ROFLMAO:

I used to love acid, but i honestly think it has given me everything it has to offer.
Different strokes for different folks. Take a break from it. When/if you come back again, it's magical. Highly recommended. Good luck.

a short break, even a week's break makes doses of shrooms or 'cids fantastic.

even 3 days off can make a huge difference (tolerance from gentle dosing is still tolerance) for quarter sized doses which still make the world sparkle, and the mental cauldron bubble.

Mushrooms are like wild unconscious attacks

Lsd is proper visuals but its pretty hollow experience compared to the rawness of shrooms