• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

(New South Wales) In NSW if you're on the Opioid Treatment Program (OTP) can you get your fines waived?

chugs

Bluelighter
Years ago a brother in arms was telling me by being on the e Opioid Treatment Program( OTP) you could get your fines waived. All your doctor had to do was speak to someone at State Revenue and bam, the fine would be gone (although you'd still have to eat the points).

So how does one go about this becaues whenever I've been at my prescriber I can't imagine that i could get him to wait to speak to someone at the SDRO. The wait time is sometimes over a few hours. And even if you do get through how on earth would SDRO know they're speaking to a doctor. Couldn't anyone just do that "um yeah i'm um a doctor so um like waiver Mr Chug's fine".

Do doctors have a special phone number they call or is there some sort of portal they use?

I'd love to know how to use this benefit (?) if its still available.

Thanks

I've been told so many different versions of this story over the years, most don't include being on the OTP, Ive been told there is a place you can go to apply to have all your fines wiped but can only do it once in your life, and many other iterations of the "Get your fines wiped" story that honestly it all just sounds like one of those tall stories that isn't true...

The main one I hear from people is fines being wiped after 7 years but after a convo with fines Victoria in 2012 in my only attempt to do something about the 10s of thousands of dollars I "owe" that I know that's bullshit...

My tactic of avoidance and having my car always registered in another family members name has served me well for many years...

If you do ever find any truth to the fines wiped tale I'd love to know lol....

I just got released from prison on 04 may 2022 after
serving 2 and a half years here locked up in nsw australia. I was on methadone inside and outside of prison and they said yes it can knock money off fine being on opiate treatment programs, also drug counsilling can pay money you owe. Usually it takes like a couple hundred off your fines monthly as long you regulary dose on the treatment program and attend your 3 month reviews with your doctor. Also lots of other great programs to pay money on your fines. For the few years i served in prison i was having like $500 taken off my fines monthly because i was on methadone program, doing drug counseling and seeing a psych. Now ive been released the treatment program is still paying a couple hundred on my fines monthly. You have to tell the doctor you wanna sign up to have money taken off your fines while your on the opiate treatment program any of them count (methadone, buvidal, bupe strips etc )