• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Indicators of Cannabis Reliance

Foreigner

Bluelighter
Wasn't sure what to title this thread, but I'll explain...

My partner is "addicted" to cannabis. When he's high he becomes happy, amicable, reliable... a normal, functional person. The next day, he wakes up and he's a real grouch. He also starts creating dramas of all kinds and I would say he becomes very negative in personality. He says it helps him feel normal, but it's also stimulating for him. I think boredom is part of his problem too.

Besides lifestyle factors, I've been trying to suss out what his neurochemical imbalance might be. He's not interested in antidepressants. I gave him L-tyrosine one day and it livened him up, so I wonder if his brain rapidly metabolizes dopamine and maybe he's getting a dopamine kick from cannabis.

Has anyone here used cannabis for mental health and cognitive improvement, but then switched over to some kind of other supplement stack that proved to be better than cannabis?

He really wants to get off weed but he never seems to be able to do it.

Last edited:
I burst out laughing reading, "I gave him L-tyrosine one day and it livened him up", did you consult him or was it a blind trial? I just imagined him as your pet on the kitchen floor :ROFLMAO:
Anyway, it's a shame he isn't interesterd in antidepressants because that is likely what he needs. I vape cannabis every day and I take prozac, no morning grouchiness at all. It's mostly to deal with the boredom of being physically disabled when I didn't used to be. It's frustrating to be limited physically so I expand mentally instead.

ig

MjcPHZb.png

My partner is "addicted" to cannabis. When he's high he becomes happy, amicable, reliable... a normal, functional person. The next day, he wakes up and he's a real grouch. He also starts creating dramas of all kinds and I would say he becomes very negative in personality. He says it helps him feel normal, but it's also stimulating for him. I think boredom is part of his problem too.

Besides lifestyle factors, I've been trying to suss out what his neurochemical imbalance might be. He's not interested in antidepressants. I gave him L-tyrosine one day and it livened him up, so I wonder if his brain rapidly metabolizes dopamine and maybe he's getting a dopamine kick from cannabis.

Has anyone here used cannabis for mental health and cognitive improvement, but then switched over to some kind of other supplement stack that proved to be better than cannabis?

Just a thought here, my husband used to create all manner of drama when he was attempting to quit either smoking or alcohol. It seemed to be so someone would tell him to go get a drink or smoke, then he'd feel less responsible for his relapses.
It could be worse, bathroom is calling me, opiate detox, yet again. I'm a medical user and it seems this is becoming a regular hobby of mine.
With opiates however, it's like a sudden brick through the window, while cannabis is your own growing fears that someone is going to brick your house.

The chemical imbalance theory of mental illness has been largely debunked

To correct misinformation/misconception. The older threads are still used by people who search for references on google or here

To me there's absolutely nothing wrong with smoking weed. The only problem is that if you smoke it every day the highs you get just aren't so good because you build up a tolerance. That's why I like to tip my cigarettes with a few crumbs instead of smoking a whole bowl. Unless I wanted to get fucked up, in that case I'd smoke a whole bowl.