• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Injecting Bupropion (Wellbutrin)

I've shot wellbutrin, before ever looking on bl to see if anyone else did.. a new friend introduced me to it as he's on probation and can't do real drugs. The rush is nice and definitely comparable to an amp high; however I missed a big shot of approximately 450mg (one and a half pills) and ended up with a lump on my arm the size of a silver dollar. Went to the ER, they were nice about it and I got prescribed antibiotics. Moral of the story? Don't do it unless you give no fucks about your health.

uhm... here is a tip. Try making a new thread about this instead of posting it in a thread about injecting Wellbutrin?

Okay, so I have been reading this site along with all the others (erowid etc) but I felt i need to log in and reply to this forum, I just injected 600mgs of bupropion. I never allow myself to miss, and I always keep depakot (or however you spell it), xanax, and MOST IMPORTANTLY amoxicillin on hand. If you are going to to take this (admittedly) retarted path you must have this on hand (that is if you enjoy your limbs). Now I will not post the instructions, because I don't want to aid in the death of anyone, inculiding strangers. However, I am a firm believer in harm reduction or as I like to put it "the right way to do the wrong thing." I know for fact that the wealthy north shore of long island has NO IDEA about this drug. However, I imagine it will gain popularity much like synthetic weed, and if you want to see how k2 ruined lives just go to 125th and lexinton ave. It literally looks like people are zombies everywhere, I personally love k2 because its so convenant. But I quit because what I saw what it did to people, I plan to do this same with this drug. In fact, I support the fda for scheduling this drug. Lastly, feell free to PM me for instructions if you determined to do this, but I must warn you 1shot/1vein. So do as I plan to do and STOP!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Thank you for this!!

You see... THIS ^^^^ is why I want to delete this thread. I bet you money he was online looking for ways to get high using household meds. Then he finds this thread and goes and does something stupid. Then he ends up in the hospital and they ask him what the hell he was thinking and he says: "well, the people on bluelight do it." This is not the kind of image we need to put out there.

bluelight is a mecca for people who seek wisdom and knowledge related to psychoactive chemicals. Stuff like this gives us a bad name plain and simple. This basketcase person is the oh so perfect example of a PR nightmare.

Yes I am guilty for that in a way! When I said thank you I meant for it to be a reply to someone's comment about how to prepare the shot in the most safe way possible. I've heard of shooting wellbutrin before I've been sober a month now and I'm going fucking insane and I'm in the middle of BFE and can't get my hands on anything I'm a sick person. Jeeze sorry!!
Btw I'm a she!!!!

You see... THIS ^^^^ is why I want to delete this thread. I bet you money he was online looking for ways to get high using household meds. Then he finds this thread and goes and does something stupid. Then he ends up in the hospital and they ask him what the hell he was thinking and he says: "well, the people on bluelight do it." This is not the kind of image we need to put out there.

bluelight is a mecca for people who seek wisdom and knowledge related to psychoactive chemicals. Stuff like this gives us a bad name plain and simple. This basketcase person is the oh so perfect example of a PR nightmare.

I'm still trying to figure out how to work the site!!!!! I wasn't saying thank you to the person who originally posted this post asshole!

Basketcase, don't take it personally. He's just trying to keep a certain order on here.

Really there is no "safe" way to prepare any type of pill for IV use, but I do think that people should be able to look on here so they can at least get an idea of the consequences. IV wellbutrin fucked one of my best veins and if you read my older post you'll see it fucked up my whole arm.

People have asked on here about smoking nail polish, injecting Xanax, drinking nail polish remover, putting mouthwash up their nose to potentiate insufflated pills, and a bunch of other stupid shit so nobody's judging you, lol.

Basketcase, don't take it personally. He's just trying to keep a certain order on here.

Really there is no "safe" way to prepare any type of pill for IV use, but I do think that people should be able to look on here so they can at least get an idea of the consequences. IV wellbutrin fucked one of my best veins and if you read my older post you'll see it fucked up my whole arm.

People have asked on here about smoking nail polish, injecting Xanax, drinking nail polish remover, putting mouthwash up their nose to potentiate insufflated pills, and a bunch of other stupid shit so nobody's judging you, lol.

Wow lol. I actually tried last night I did half of a 100mg one because I didn't want to over do it but it wasn't even the full 50 ? I didn't get a rush ? I don't think I will be trying this again it was just something to hold me off until I can get back to my hometown Saturday to get my hands on some good stuff ? thank you Peach!

Wow lol. I actually tried last night I did half of a 100mg one because I didn't want to over do it but it wasn't even the full 50 �� I didn't get a rush �� I don't think I will be trying this again it was just something to hold me off until I can get back to my hometown Saturday to get my hands on some good stuff �� thank you Peach!

It's fucking wellbutrin. IT IS NOT RECREATIONAL. Please do not IV it.

Mods please close this retarded thread. I can't even believe this exists and I didn't notice it until now.

Injecting it is bad it it has a coagulant effect when it hits the blood does not mix well with it so can cause blood clots fairly quick

This issue has come up too many times. Evidence people don't UTFSE. Maybe we need a sticky or megathread on what cannot be injected without known, common severe consequences or no known "benefit" vs. other ROAs: bupe pills no wheel filter, bupropion (Wellbutrin), any pill really, RCs, benzos, methadone (this was a big one a decade ago), etc...

So that people just don't try, then come here and ask why their limb is fucked. Can't say we didn't warn you...

This issue has come up too many times. Evidence people don't UTFSE. Maybe we need a sticky or megathread on what cannot be injected without known, common severe consequences or no known "benefit" vs. other ROAs: bupe pills no wheel filter, bupropion (Wellbutrin), any pill really, RCs, benzos, methadone (this was a big one a decade ago), etc...

So that people just don't try, then come here and ask why their limb is fucked. Can't say we didn't warn you...

This isn't a bad idea actually. But the question is, will people listen? Probably not. But at least they will know what a terrible idea it is.. Had I known how bad it was I'd have never done it, and I don't wanna talk about the dose one might need or how it feels because that would encourage people to do it. So don't ask me anymore please! I'm not gonna tell you.

Since this stuff is so caustic and damaging to the veins I can only imagine what it does to your heart and brain. I don't wanna think about it..

People shooting up wellbutrin wtf! That is just total needle addiction! Shooting up any drug is not the smartest thing in the world(I should know I have more tracks then amtrack) but other drugs produce some euphoria. I'm definetly not proposing anyone to shoot up any drugs but I can see why some drugs get injected,but wellbutrin? I don't know maybe I just missed the boat but I'd taken this shit orally(prescribed) and wouldn't think it has any recreational value. I can't see how this thread has 4 pages,I mean wellbutrin what the fuck(can't get over it sorry)!

The only people i know who have done this are people who where in Prison and couldnt get anything decent. Then again they also eat Quetiapine, Nozinan, Thorazine/Largactil, Amitriptyline and anything else to numb their brain out. I have never seen anyone inject it but some twat snorted a 300mg wellbutrin in my drive way and started acting like a cunt. Supposedly it feels sorta like Methylphenidate but that's another drug i have no real desire to try. Snorting or injecting Bupropion is sort of common in some places in Canada where i guess better stims aren't available. I was prescribed 300mg's of Wellbutrin a day for depression and may go back on it again soon to help the seasonal affective disorder i get. I do find it activating and it's one of the few that work for me without making me manic.

Just looking at the pills makes me not want to inject them because even the coating on the name brand ones is thick as fuck and the pills are huge. Also i have heard that Bupropion is horrible on your veins and will pretty much ruin them. Save the needle for something worth shooting. Though i have to admit i did shoot a 50mg ampoule of Largactil once when i was really dopesick and manic just to calm down. As it has to be given IM or through a slow drip it hurt my vein like hell not to mention it gave me wicked hypotension that was so bad i nearly blacked out standing up.

Also with any pill even name brand Dilaudid you need a micron filter unless you want to be injecting a pile of fillers with whatever drug your injecting. The worst pill i ever injected was Demerol as my stupid ass didn't read the product monograph beforehand to see that there was talc in the pills. I was on a IV Coke run and not thinking straight so i stupidly just used a cotton filter. Thank fuck i only did that a few times.

what signs are you feeling, and i hope to god your using a wheel filter to filter it.

It's fucking wellbutrin. IT IS NOT RECREATIONAL. Please do not IV it.

Mods please close this retarded thread. I can't even believe this exists and I didn't notice it until now.

You have no idea how badly I want to delete this thread. I just worry that not only will more new ones will be created but as we know people will abuse whatever will get them high and if there is any way to make this stupidity any less dangerous it is my duty to not only leave this thread up, but encourage people to use it so they don't kill themselves.

But this thread this kills me, I want so badly for these people to stop doing this. The death toll on this shit is rising all over the country. That kills me with IV drug use, if you don't die the first couple times then in their mind it is "safe"

And basketcase, it is typically not the greatest of ideas to join a site and as a new member call a moderator an asshole. I am not going to let it slide, because you don't know me yet, and you don't know that I care a lot about the members of the board more than you know. Ask any member that has been here for more than a couple months, I have everybody's best interest in mind. I care a lot about people, likely more than I should. I also care VERY much about this website because it can be a lifesaver sometimes. I sleep well at night knowing that on an almost daily basis I have given advice that could have saved someones life.

The reason this thread upsets me so much is because it danger for the sake of a very crappy recreational drug that will kill you given enough time.