• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids injecting poppy seed tea, made purely from high quaity seeds

I imagine that'll be a hella lot of liquid to inject unless you make an extract...?

There are many many risks to doing that. Its a really bad idea, for instance:

1) various alkaloids present that shouldn't be IV'd

2) fats, oils and plant resins in the solution, which will eventually wind up in your lungs. Poppy seed tea has an oil content similar to chicken broth. Injecting stuff like that is a good way to cause lipoid pneumonia (symptoms of which can manifest slowly and insidiously) or pulmonary embolism and other problems.

3) risk of infection from pathogens, and fungi

4) problems associated with the volume of fluid necessary, or if concentrated, problems associated with injecting sludge

As far as bad drug ideas go, injecting poppy seed tea is pretty high up there.

Yes, there are a lot of risk as you have been told.
The whole idea of IVed seed tea sounds crazy to me, but you are not the only one doing it, tho. Apparently, injecting poppy seed tea is a thing in Belarus:
EuroradioFM site, google "Investigation: poppy seed tea turn into drug in 39 minutes in Minsk'.
If you're interested in the matter, and you should be as you're doing it, you can look into other medical reports on poppy seed IVing and have a read on the outcomes from long term use of it. Just a spoiler: it doesn't end well too often.

There are enough iffy proteins in opium resin, that injecting the extract is a fucking bad idea. If you want rapid onset, make up solution for rectal admin (or man up, make laudanaum soln and take by mouth. It tastes fucking hideous, though)

I would say that it comes with a lot of established risks. It's been shown historically that injecting organic stuff like plants/fungi is exponentially more dangerous than injecting drugs from the street. I'm no expert. I do think that even the crudest drugs I've ever done, either here in North America or in the fucking jungle of Southeast Asia went through a pretty suitable process of purification. Again, not knowing chemistry, I at least know there is a lot of boiling and filtering involved, combined with treatment from caustic chemicals. I highly doubt you're going to replicate this with your poppy seed tea. This strikes me as a move of a desperate man as opposed to one considering all available options.

You have the internet. You speak English. There are options available to you in this world better than injecting Poppy Tea. Even high-quality seeds are going to be potential carriers for everything that can and does live on and in plants. I wouldn't do it man. There are some things you can catch that you can never get rid of.

I would say that it comes with a lot of established risks. It's been shown historically that injecting organic stuff like plants/fungi is exponentially more dangerous than injecting drugs from the street. I'm no expert. I do think that even the crudest drugs I've ever done, either here in North America or in the fucking jungle of Southeast Asia went through a pretty suitable process of purification. Again, not knowing chemistry, I at least know there is a lot of boiling and filtering involved, combined with treatment from caustic chemicals. I highly doubt you're going to replicate this with your poppy seed tea. This strikes me as a move of a desperate man as opposed to one considering all available options.

You have the internet. You speak English. There are options available to you in this world better than injecting Poppy Tea. Even high-quality seeds are going to be potential carriers for everything that can and does live on and in plants. I wouldn't do it man. There are some things you can catch that you can never get rid of.
Yeah. I have even had a friend get a heart infection from injecting heroin. If I remember correctly it was some type of fungi, but it’s been awhile so I could be wrong.

As has been said above, there's so, so many reasons not to do this, and no feasible way to make it safe. Please don't do it again. Please update us with your case study / the results if/when you're hospitalized from this.

Yeah. I have even had a friend get a heart infection from injecting heroin. If I remember correctly it was some type of fungi, but it’s been awhile so I could be wrong.

Right. I don't believe it was especially prevalent, though there was at one point an issue concerning Botulism resulting from the injection of Black Tar Heroin which you could say in simple terms, is a step between powdered Brown/White Heroin as it is not fully processed. If Botulism is an issue from BTH I can only assume the risk of it or similar issues are greatly increased by injecting raw Poppy or Poppy Seeds

I'm still wondering if this is even possible. The volume of liquid produced from a seed wash is far too much for injection. Therefore, it would have to be reduced down which would then leave a sticky goo which is impossible to inject.

I seriously question the validity of this post...

Yeah. The whole iv thing is such a weird thing to stop. When I was on IV drugs it was the only way I wanted to take any drug. There’s this misconception that every drug will hit harder and better if taken IV when I was into Iv drugs. And then there is this addicted to the act of injecting whole concept going on for me.

At one point I wasn’t able to get coke and was breaking down crack with white vinegar. Man , what I can tell you is my big vein in my arm that I was primarily using at the time turned rock solid and I was getting paranoid about it so went to the ER. Apparently injecting vinegar is really not good to do repetitively. Dr was saying it changed the ph of your blood or something that is what he’s concerned about and told me if I’m going to do coke or crack to just use it the traditional way.

Dr. was cool asf tho. No judgement.

Still I haven’t injected anything outside a hospital setting in 6 years. I’m very thankful I was able to get away from that. I don’t judge anyone for their habits. I’m just saying I’m glad I’m free from that. Some people can do it functionally and safely. I’m just not one of those people.

I'm still wondering if this is even possible. The volume of liquid produced from a seed wash is far too much for injection. Therefore, it would have to be reduced down which would then leave a sticky goo which is impossible to inject.

I seriously question the validity of this post...

Ya I’ve tried to fuck with seed “extracts” which are the most crude of any poppy extract. The amount needed to shoot would be astronomical unless someone figured out a way to make a more pure extract. I wonder if a super quick wash of the seeds followed by evaporation would give something “pure” (using that word very loosely here) enough to fit reasonably into a syringe after reconstituting. Obviously no matter what unless someone goes all in on purification this is an extremely dangerous practice.

-GC

Somehow, people do it. In that report about Belarus that I mentioned, they show the process, but skipping key steps. We know how hard they play in Eastern Europe, polish kompot, kokodril.. hell, didn't you see that Vice video like "junkie camp" or " heroin vacation" or something?
Czech junkies went to industrial poppy fields, ripping the pods off and soaking a piece of cloth in the drops of latex, no cuts on the pods, just ripping then off by the hundreds.
Then, they boiled the fucking thing in water and shoot it. Totally mental.

I Know, or think, that Vice and the like are full of shit, but that was the kind of thing that's way too crazy to not be real.
Not having injectable drugs never was a reason for not injecting drugs in those countries.