• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Treatment Is Abilify the naltrexone for meth?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
I know I've touched on this in a few posts before but I'd like to have a focused conversation on whether a drug that literally blocks all the good feelings from meth is a viable long term treatment for meth addiction in the manner naltrexone is for alcoholics.

From my experience and what I've read, regular high doses of Abilify basically kill meth highs - that is, if your serum level is high enough when you take the meth you get no effects. In my own experience, the last time I used I was on 20 mg abilify for a few months and was able to comfortably IV 1 gram of fire product in 30 minutes (2 x .5 shots a half hour apart) and feel basically nothing. I had noticed the effects of meth getting weaker and weaker over the previous few months.

I was finally at the point where I really could not be bothered spending money and taking major IV health risks for zero results and I've since gone cold turkey happily enough though still with some minor cravings. The only things I was getting out of meth at that point was wakefullness (at about too much coffee level) and some pro-sexual effects where I could tap into the horniness if I wanted to but it was not overpowering me or making me obsessively do something about it.

Does anyone have similar experience with this medicine or similar drugs in quitting meth? Would you keep taking meth if all you got was the equivalent stimulation of a good cup of coffee?

Does anyone know whether treatment centres or doctors use a drug like Abilify as part of their treatment regimes? Some scientific articles I've say it increases meth effects or meth cravings , but I personally believe this is only at very low doses (of both abilify and meth) . Everyone says there is no pharmaceutical treatment for meth addiction, but I feel this might have some potential.

Thanks to anyone wanting to discuss.

So this is interesting. Bc I'm currently in a drug treatment program and I just recently went through a mental health analysis to get my medication for anxiety and bipolar disorder. I am here for both meth and heroin addiction and they put me on abilify for my mood stabilizer and hydroxyzine for my anxiety. I've never heard this but possibly they put me on it so I wouldn't feel anything if I turn back to meth? Thanks for the heads up. Lol