• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Advice Is being a black guy a barrier to dating?

I'm not sure I quite follow this. Maybe this is some US-specific culture thingie?
But otherwise, in general, no, not anymore than it's a barrier to dating being any other skin color. There are people who prefer X, and then there are others who prefer Y.

I'm really confused about this. I've heard that black guys are both fetishized in the dating world as well as reviled. Despite people talking about white women-black men relationships in the West, online dating shows that black men are at the bottom of responses. It's only Asian Men and Black Women who do worse.

I've had Tinder since Nov 2019 and got 6 matches. All of them have flaked on me. And I must say that most of them in my opinion aren't what I'd consider 'conventionally attractive' women. I only date outside my race. Most girls who match up are the 'artsy' girls (i.e. coloured hair, many rings, tattoos). Nothing wrong with that but it's not for me.

I realize I am in a way a hypocrite for not wanting to date these people but I don't blame them. I don't think it's racist. It's just that my friend told me that I should probably consider lightening my skin colour by a few shades with hydroquinone/kojic acid/retinol.

Only to racists. And why would you wanna date some piece-of-shit racist anyway?