• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Opioids Is codeine linctus still available over-the-counter in the UK?

You’ll be lucky to get codeine linctus nowadays. The General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) has really clamped down on it and issuing more fines to pharmacies than ever before. Soon they are going to ban it for a year to see how that pans out. Most pharmacies want it banned so any you can get now will probably be the last.
The “lean” teen scene has destroyed it for those of us who have used it for decades without burning pharmacies.

Sorry not yet banned but under review. It’s likely that it’ll change from “P” to “POM” if the GPhC support pharmacies.
The concern from some pharmacies is that there is no framework to support codeine addicts and at least they have a legal option at the moment.
Ref; chemist and druggists co uk

As far as I know codeine linctus is prescription only in the U.K.
Pholcodeine linctus is OTC here, browns collis mixture has 20mg of morphine per bottle and is available without a prescription. To be honest if you're going to London you should find a hookup for something decent within a day though.

Last time I saw codiene linctus in England was in one of those little private polish shops.
Basically me and 2 friends were on acid and etizolam (so burglary on a tiny store seemed ok at the time. I would never normally do that).
Yeah well I was really thin so I went through this wooden "window" that could be removed.

Took all the alcohol, cakes, the whole till (not money from the till, just the till??) And these bottles of cough stuff that were behind the counter, out of sight.
When I came down a bit I read the medication bottles (all in some eastern Europe language).
And yeah I could make out codiene phosphate, it was just spelt a bit fucked up.

Might be worth asking in them "world food" stores queitly, pretty sure if you ask the right one they will have galenkia products too.
Benzos are rife over those areas.

I'm planning on taking a trip to London in mid-July after receiving a COVID-19 vaccine. I want to enjoy myself with codeine not mixed with ibuprofen/paracetamol that you find here in Ireland.

I'm worried though they may deny me with an Irish passport as I usually have to show my passport to buy things even though I'm 22.
No chance 9 99 online pharmacy if lucky enough