• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is it possible to use opiates responsibly?

I am on clonazepam, zopiclone, gabapentin which i rarely use, zyprexa and salbutamol. I seem to metabolize some opiates rather quickly and i have in the past used huge doses of opiates without even nodding. I got so bad with dilaudid that i was shooting 3 18mg hydromorph contins every 4 hours just to catch a short rush and not be sick.

As far as being athletic i have been lifting weights everyday for the past month and a half to hopefully keep the weight off from the zyprexa i had to switch to. Im at a good weight now and wanna keep it that way i just need to get some fat off my gut
Jesus no judgement but how could you afford all that, thats like 2k a day habit lol

I don't shoot but shit if u can snort those, I would be so happy lol you are a lucky guy, I spent 2k on oxy just this week

I don't shoot but shit if u can snort those, I would be so happy lol you are a lucky guy, I spent 2k on oxy just this week

You could probably snort them ya you just crush the beads is all. Was a lucky guy like all good things that came to a end

You could probably snort them ya you just crush the beads is all. Was a lucky guy like all good things that came to a end
yea I love oxy but im at a point where 80mg isn't even cutting it. I know thats not a lot to some but daily that get expensive. Ill eat 80 in the morning, 4am, 80 at 9am, 80 at 2 and then maybe 160 at 8. thats 400mg a day which is basically 400$ a day lol and that doesn't even get me high only the 160 does and the first 80. Now im trying to do one day on and one day off, but today I had kratom in the morning 4am and another at 11am but had to take 80mg of oxy after work at 3pm and will hopefully hold off until 4am tomorrow for another 80 and 80 @ work tomorrow. but after work maybe ill kratom and save the money and do the same thing Friday and after work Friday just cold turkey 2 days in hell to lower my tolerance

I got 40mg OC's the old formulation and 20mg IR's but like 30 of each so im good lol

I took my final dose of 280mg at once and now it's 7 hours later and I'm cold turkey until Monday morning, so I got 60 hours to drop my tolerance. Then when I come back on Monday I'll start with either 20mg or 40mg and see where that gets me. then I can plan so I can mange this, as the above said, you have to be responsible and be ready to suffer for tolerance breaks

I don't get a significant addiction to opiates taken orally, so I think my opinion might be of value. I have taken prescription opiates long term, quit cold turkey and experienced withdrawal I would compare to the first 3 days after you quit smoking weed. This lasted about 2 weeks, but being unemployed, trapped in a house, lacking a social life and any real activities to occupy myself, I doubt I would have even noticed with just a couple of those regards being part of my life at the time.
When I quit tramadol on the other hand, the synthetic opiate with no known recreational effects, it was 22 days of hell with the first 10 being awake for almost all 240 hours. The SSRI effect is widely overlooked, known and testified about on this website. I have read from users that they quit shooting up heroin with tolerable withdrawal compared to quitting tramadol.

Anyway, I think if you take opiates for pain and have an active lifestyle with commitments you will not ignore or place secondary to your usage, it is possible but today often rare.
Prescription opiates Norco did absolutely nothing for my pain, but oddly kratom wipes it right out and the intoxicating dosage feels identical to me when compared to the variety of prescription opiates I have experienced. Kratom in large doses really messes with blood pressure and blood sugar though so I added turmeric, a blood thinner, but believe an aspirin would work better.

I think it is extraordinarily rare for people to use opiates recreationally and maintain a stable personal and professional life. I think it is currently rare for someone to use them medicinally long term without slipping on the slippery slope.
When I was in the hospital with my permanent injuries, tremendous pain and exposure to a poison they couldn't identify, they were also refusing to give me any pain medication including that which I had active prescriptions for. Upon seeing my suffering, another patient dosed me with his fentanyl!
He's telling me he feels crummy, they gave him his fentanyl and for some reason, it's not working then said "hey but how are YOU feeling man?"
My pain was long gone and I had a moderate amount of opiate euphoria. I've been slipped drugs against my will many times, but in this case it was truly an act of kindness. I'm guessing he slipped it in my water or just got it on me; dunno and don't care I was in vicious pain at the time.

I also sensed that this opiate would easily trap me with an addiction as it would anyone else. The intensity and general saturation physically was like taking 3-5x your dose of something like straight Codeine, but without that coldness or rushing effect I've experienced in the past.
Definitely a more peaceful setting in of a high than I experienced with other oral prescription opiates taken to the intoxicating level.

yea im trying, I did roughly 36 out no oxy and took 60mg just now and felt real good. So the tolerance break of just 36 hours did something.
Ive been using oxy at work to help deal with the stress and to keep me calm. Not the best habit but its what im doing now until I can find a better solution. Ive been probably self medicating for depression but who knows

I realize this is a dumb question but figured I’d get some input anyway. I am not talking about mainlining heroin because obviously that is irreversible. My main thing is I really enjoy a fewpercocet every so often and have been debating whether or not I can moderate my use. When I travel abroad I can often get it OTC and I love the buzz I get from around 10-15mg. I know this spells trouble but I don’t really give a shit I guess. Lately I have been back in the US where I can’t get it so I haven’t been using. But every once in a while I think back on the phenomenal feeling I get. Anyway, just wanted to get info from others.
I highly suggest skipping the oxycodone and just trying kratom out if you haven't already. Its kind of safer, easier to obtain, and much much cheaper. Only downside is because it is easy to get and cheaper it is easier to become addicted to, BUT its much easier to manage than regular opiates in my opinion.

yea I love oxy but im at a point where 80mg isn't even cutting it. I know thats not a lot to some but daily that get expensive. Ill eat 80 in the morning, 4am, 80 at 9am, 80 at 2 and then maybe 160 at 8. thats 400mg a day which is basically 400$ a day lol and that doesn't even get me high only the 160 does and the first 80. Now im trying to do one day on and one day off, but today I had kratom in the morning 4am and another at 11am but had to take 80mg of oxy after work at 3pm and will hopefully hold off until 4am tomorrow for another 80 and 80 @ work tomorrow. but after work maybe ill kratom and save the money and do the same thing Friday and after work Friday just cold turkey 2 days in hell to lower my tolerance
Damn, I would think you’d need to be a celebrity to support that habit.

It's possible. I use once every 2 weeks. sometimes every 3-4 weeks. Been like that for over two years. Using once a week is too much, eventually you start getting mental withdrawals on off days. These mental withdrawals (for me) are not seen with once every 2 weeks (at least not yet).
What I use depends on supply. Sometimes codeine or tramadol (both less than 100mg) or unwashed poppy seed tea (1-2 cups) which is usually stronger than my codeine and tramadol dose.
Interesting, I never found tramadol to be very recreational at all. When I was experimenting with opiates, I was still at the stage where 15mg of hydrocodone would give me a good buzz. Probably a good thing I don’t have access to it anymore because I suspect I would’ve slipped looking back over this thread.

It isn't actually that extraordinarily rare or near impossible to use opiates recreationally as is generally assumed. But those people are VERY on the down-low because they have reputations and jobs to lose by being associated with these drugs, especially if it's heroin.

For the same reason they don't mix with the heavy user crowd and are nearly inaccessible to drug researchers. Zinberg in his landmark book 'Drugs, Set & Setting' remarked that it was more difficult to get hold of moderate opiate users for interview than any other type of user, because they were so extremely wary of being identified as opiate users.

PS To anyone interested in the subject, there's the following study :

"Occasional and controlled heroin use - not a problem?"
Warburton, Turnbull and Hough
published by the Joseph Rowntree Foundation (as part of their drug and alcohol research programme)

It's available as a free PDF download and well worth a read. It features extensive direct quotes from the study subjects, who are either occasional users (both with and without previous dependence) or controlled dependent users.

Last edited:
Different people have different tendencies to abuse things.

For me i can have cocaine, benzos or opiates at home and not touch em.
But ketamine i will shoot up on a public toilet 5mins after buying it.

But if i dont have ket around im not jonesing for it either.
Usually i buy a few grams per month and usually binge for a few days.
Its great for 3 days at most, after that its just meh.

But once i have it in my hand i loose all control of myself.

Herione/ and Morfine IV no.

The rest can get be used when one is safe. And trutst itself
Never got adddicted to a limited supply of Oxycodone or Kratom.

Different people have different tendencies to abuse things.

For me i can have cocaine, benzos or opiates at home and not touch em.
But ketamine i will shoot up on a public toilet 5mins after buying it.

But if i dont have ket around im not jonesing for it either.
Usually i buy a few grams per month and usually binge for a few days.
Its great for 3 days at most, after that its just meh.

But once i have it in my hand i loose all control of myself.
I don't get the K addiction. I took it once while high on MDMA and felt a K hole and it scared the shit outta me I didn't know if I was ever gonna come back but I have done k a couple times after and without THAT intense of a "trip" I literally stuck a straw in a2 gram bag and inhaled LOL I was GONE