• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids Is Lyrica (pregabalin) actually recreational?

My hunch is that the extracted codeine will continue to work better than the syrup because of lacking "inactive" ingredients like all the sweetener/sorbitol gunk but not than extracted syrup which should yield the same chemical compound as CWE'd solpadeine. 16mg is a very low dosage, I'd be glad that this works for you! I need 100+mg of codeine to feel anything distinct.

It is recreational but it’s a fucking bitch to get off. Not a withdrawal I will ever forget. If you do use it, use it sparingly.

Start with 75/150mg and wait. It takes a while to feel the effects, like 2 hours maybe, people think it’s not working and redose and end up slobbering messes.
I CT’d (ran out) after using 150-300mgs 2-3 times a week for several years. What a fucking nightmarish 10 days. No sleep, RLS every night, migraines constantly, hot and cold spells with copious sweating, fuck me, the list goes on and on. So after I came out on the other side, what did I do? Get more and get addicted again.

I CT’d (ran out) after using 150-300mgs 2-3 times a week for several years. What a fucking nightmarish 10 days. No sleep, RLS every night, migraines constantly, hot and cold spells with copious sweating, fuck me, the list goes on and on. So after I came out on the other side, what did I do? Get more and get addicted again.
This really makes me think about my theory again, that higher dosages might be easier to kick than lower ones because of the secondary (tertiary if you count the a2d calcium channel antagonist) activity at inhibiting glutamate reuptake which might, once tolerance is developed, balance out the primary activity at that glutamate->GABA enzyme which I think is the primary origin for withdrawal effects (but of course it might also come from a2d ca chans). So or so, I've kicked pregabalin several times, last time was the easiest after I developed "transparent" tolerance to it (no more effects whatsoever and independent of dosage, just some weird electric zaps in the body at 1g+ which I suspect to be the precursor to seizures). No withdrawal at all. The time before I was on 600mg/d for a few months and tapered down, that way I didn't get withdrawal either. So it might be me or the dosage. Tapering is certainly the better way to go anyways. But I'm curious about that theory because usually quitting 900mg/d should be a nightmare.

Easy straight up question.

Recreational potential aside:

Is Lyrica effective for treating conventional (non-migraine) headaches?

Any experiences?

Could it double up as conventional headache treatment in addition to recreational use??

puts you in this floaty ambitiousless existential state where nothing matters much.
This may have some bearing on wifes current state. Thanks for this. I see the swagger of wgaf when she takes it and I kinda just am a piece of furniture on the wall.
Got my mind workin.....

I use 300 mg daily for smth like 2 years and do not feel tolerance. Sometimes (rarely) I do 450 mg and then it is recreational. Yes, it can be compared to being drunk, but only so far. It's like feeling drunk without being drunk. It is very nice. But effect is not strong, though long lasting and very nice.

Weak substitude for benzos.didn't felt any painkillin properties..weak anxilolytic...at first with light mood lifting...but only first few times.less recreational than benzos,which aren't recreational for me.probable risk of addiction&withdrawl like benzos.....zero temptation about this stuff.a lot of people use it around me i think,but in low doses or as prescribe.don't know personally people abusing this...but in some places abusing it a lot....at summer brits &all kind avtouristsbuy this in pharmacies on seaside&drinkin alc.

I use 300 mg daily for smth like 2 years and do not feel tolerance. Sometimes (rarely) I do 450 mg and then it is recreational. Yes, it can be compared to being drunk, but only so far. It's like feeling drunk without being drunk. It is very nice. But effect is not strong, though long lasting and very nice.
Wow, that's remarkable. I'm jealous. Pregabalin is OTC where I live but it's useless because of tolerance rising so quickly. What are you prescribed it for, anxiety, pain?

Wow, that's remarkable. I'm jealous. Pregabalin is OTC where I live but it's useless because of tolerance rising so quickly. What are you prescribed it for, anxiety, pain?
Anxiety mostly, works wonders. Also helped with restless legs syndrome, which lights up from time to time.

This compound and other similar ones seem to be highly subjective, with some reporting rather strong, very enjoyable effects. While some people report feeling nothing, and being entirely disappointed with the drug itself. I was one of those people. (Highly disappointed)

I never felt any psycho active effects from high doses of lyrica,.however I was before trying that already quite a while prescribed 300mg in the morning and again at bed time...

All high doses did to me was giving me blurred vision...

I find it extremely recreational, one of my favorite drugs, and that's including all of them. The first time I took it, I couldn't believe how amazing I felt, it felt a lot like I was rolling while on a light dose of a dissociative and psychedelic. Just absolute bliss, waves of euphoria, everything felt right in the world. It honestly put most of my other drug experiences to shame. It's never been THAT good again, but if I just take it occasionally, it is reliably very enjoyable.

But, the recreational effects disappear VERY quickly, if you have no tolerance to it and take a solid dose, it's amazing, but even the second day in a row and it's only okay, and after 3 days, you barely feel it. Tolerance takes a while to reset, too. It only works as a recreational drug if you only take it occasionally. And having tolerance to gabapentin/other gabapentinoids will also prevent the recreational effects from happening much.

I find Lyrica very recreational. In doses of 300-900 mg you will feel entirely drunk. It makes me drunk basically

To me it's not very much at all like being drunk. It's way better. I mean yeah, you get really intoxicated and have a hard time waking straight, and get really disinhibited, but it's way more euphoric. So well, I guess it is kind of like alcohol, just a lot better.

I am prescribed 600mg of Pregablin for my RLS. I once had bad flu and I forgot to keep taking Pregablin, as soon as I realised, I felt better