• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Is sex a need?

Good point, the future probably does lie in labgrown.

Well there's no shortage of births atm but there is a shortage of natural resources. So the problem will be the earth not being habitable, therefore if humans eventually go extinct, why would any aliens or whatever entity grow them?

Anyway, the action will be in the ocean :)

I've always heard many people say that sex is a basic need alongside food, water, shelter, and clothing. I think that's B.S. Sexual desire is a very strong want, but a want nonetheless.

Sexual reproduction is necessary for the survival of the species but not the individual. I would say human contact is more important for a functioning human being. Even though it won't kill you, a person would be essentially stunted without it. Many people in solitary confinement go insane without human contact.

I know plenty of people who don't have sex but lead fulfilling lives.
Is a NEED defined as something one cannot live without?
Then no. It’s not a need. Like food, water, etc.

I highly agree with maslovs pyramid model that was posted earlier in the thread by someone. It’s not a “basic” everyday need but sex is definitely a need within a different kind of need like feeling loved and affection. Besides. Who doesn’t like being touched and played with and kissed and licked ooooh okay I’ll stop there. Ya get it😉😏

The literal entire point of all mammalian life on the planet is to have sex lol. Its the deepest more primal biological instinct of them all to reproduce.

I've always heard many people say that sex is a basic need alongside food, water, shelter, and clothing. I think that's B.S. Sexual desire is a very strong want, but a want nonetheless.

Sexual reproduction is necessary for the survival of the species but not the individual. I would say human contact is more important for a functioning human being. Even though it won't kill you, a person would be essentially stunted without it. Many people in solitary confinement go insane without human contact.

I know plenty of people who don't have sex but lead fulfilling lives.

I used to think it wasn't a need, but there are people out there - men and women - whose sex drives are so naturally strong that if they don't have sex they start to get deranged. I couldn't wrap my head around this until I tried taking DHEA for several weeks and my testosterone shot up to abnormal levels, way above normal range. All I could think about was sex, I was jerking off three times a day, cruising like crazy (even though I'm not the hooking up type), and my mind was pretty much in the sexual gutter constantly. It was a relief when I stopped the supplement and returned to baseline.

But some people are like this naturally. One of my friends started taking propecia for his male pattern baldness, which is an aromatase inhibitor. It prevents the conversion of testosterone to the much stronger DHT. He said it was SUCH a relief to have his sex drive knocked back a little bit because prior to that, he was hooking up at least twice a week. Cruising on the apps took up a lot of his day, as well as masturbation.

You're also conflating reproduction with sexual desire. They're not the same thing. Gay men don't have reproductive sex but their sex drives can be just as intense as any other hetero person.

If I read between the lines in your post, I think you're saying that people shouldn't feel entitled to sex, and I agree with that. There are people out there though who are low on the unattractiveness scale yet have very high sex drives. I feel sorry for those people and I wonder what they do about it.

Last edited: