• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help Is this pregabalin withdrawal.

MrManners

Bluelighter
So I’ve been using pregabalin on and off for a few weeks for several failed attempts to withdraw from codeine.
I’ve tended to take 600mg at once at night, for four to five days in a row. Then have a weeks break. I’d not really noticed any obvious withdrawal symptoms in the weeks break but I did keep having a period of nausea and shakiness for 2 or 3 days. Mostly in the morning.
So atm I’m 5 days since my last dose of pregabalin which was 450mg. That was the first time I’d taken it for 3 days. I’m currently feeling absolutely exhausted, a feeling of shakiness with only very slightly visible shakes in the hands. I’ve got the slight shits despite taking either codeine or loperamide. Some anxiety, although it’s kind of more like the physical symptoms of anxiety such as feelings of an adrenaline surge and body tingling. No appetite. Yesterday I took some codeine and I felt really strange. Like a weird euphoria. I’ve also felt this weird type of euphoria before in between my weeks of pregabalin use. My sleep is fine, in fact I’m sleeping a lot. A few days ago I also got the strangest feeling in my head that lasted about an hour. Kinda like a weird pressure combined with an inability to think clearly. I also feel mildly depressed but I think that’s me feeling down about feeling so run down all the time.

I get the feeling I’ve probs been taking too much pregabalin tbh. I got my hands on a fair amount two months ago and since then I’ve put on weight despite not taking it every day and my diet not changing much. . Around 16 pounds. I’m someone with a high metabolism and have always struggled to put weight on. Also the weight has appeared in places that I don’t normally put weight on. Like my inner thighs and the sides of my back. Normally in the past the weight just goes to my belly. I assume this weight gain is due to the pregabalin and that would suggest to me that my use has been too high this last couple of months.

I’ve got 5 X 300mg of pregabalin left. I can’t get hold of anymore. Can’t get hold of gabapentin either. If this is a pregabalin withdrawal and I’m 5 days into it, will the symptoms get worse? Or will I be at a peak. I can just about handle this but it’s hard. I just don’t even know if it’s actually withdrawal. If it is then I’ll probably just ride this out rather than use any of the remaining 5 tablets. Today I feel a little worse than yesterday and I’m fearful it will continue to get worse.

Any advice or support would be greatly appreciated.

Pregab WD won't get worse as time goes by. It will get better. Day 1 and 2 all the anxiety comes back. Then the runs. Then the depression. Then the " damn, I wish I had more"

I was taking 900 mgs at a time...sometimes twice a day. 900 was my sweet spot. Got hooked on them when the opioid scripts dried up and all people had were gabs and pregags. Then those dried up and so I quit by default. After day 3 I was fine. Just felt anxious and depressed again as that is why I was taking them in the first place.

I knew I needed something to manage my anxiety, mild depression and mood. So I hopped on the kratom train and here I am.

But my WD was mild compared to what others go through and that's all I was coming off. No other drugs like oxy, meth, benzos etc....some people are taking Lyrica with other medications and when they come off all of it it's hard to distinguish which drug WD is making them feel the worst.

Bupe and m'done it just keeps getting worse. Benzos too. Short acting opioids and calcium channel blocker drugs keep getting better as each day goes by.

Hang in there and get yourself some kratom is you feel like you are going nuts. If used for a short time it is benign. Don't make a habit of it if you don't want another habit.

Pregab WD won't get worse as time goes by. It will get better. Day 1 and 2 all the anxiety comes back. Then the runs. Then the depression. Then the " damn, I wish I had more"

I was taking 900 mgs at a time...sometimes twice a day. 900 was my sweet spot. Got hooked on them when the opioid scripts dried up and all people had were gabs and pregags. Then those dried up and so I quit by default. After day 3 I was fine. Just felt anxious and depressed again as that is why I was taking them in the first place.

I knew I needed something to manage my anxiety, mild depression and mood. So I hopped on the kratom train and here I am.

But my WD was mild compared to what others go through and that's all I was coming off. No other drugs like oxy, meth, benzos etc....some people are taking Lyrica with other medications and when they come off all of it it's hard to distinguish which drug WD is making them feel the worst.

Bupe and m'done it just keeps getting worse. Benzos too. Short acting opioids and calcium channel blocker drugs keep getting better as each day goes by.

Hang in there and get yourself some kratom is you feel like you are going nuts. If used for a short time it is benign. Don't make a habit of it if you don't want another habit.
Hello and thanks for the reply.

It makes me wonder if it’s actually pregabalin withdrawal. The only other concern I have is possible liver damage from years of doing cold water extractions on paracetamol/codeine tabs. My CWE method is good but I understand there’s always some residual paracetamol left. I’ve had loads of liver blood tests and several private ultrasounds that have always come back clear but it’s something I’m always paranoid about.
I think the fact that I’ve gained weight that’s unexplainable apart from pregabalin use (which suggests to me that if it’s enough to keep gaining weight then it’s enough to form dependancy) and having the shits despite codeine/loperamide use, plus the symptoms now moving into more anxiety based symptoms, then pregabalin withdrawal is a possibility. But I’ve had no insomnia either which I understand is a main symptom. Although I had a mild zopiclone withdrawal about a year ago and I didn’t suffer insomnia during that either. Opiate withdrawal gives me really bad insomnia.
I think I’ve also got to factor in that I’ve been a codeine addict for around 5 years now, and I’m probably not in the best physical shape. It’s possible my hormones and vitimins are out of whack which could contribute to the malaise I regularly feel. I’m starting a loperamide taper today to get off the codeine.

how long were u on the 900/day for?

Sorry if I missed it but what are the worst withdrawal symptoms in your opinion?

Small amounts of alcohol might be useful for pregab withdrawal.
As long as you don't think you'll go overboard & get wasted.
I've been through gabapentin withdrawal & it was actually pretty terrible. It could be that I had rebound fibro during the withdrawal.
Felt sore all over, no energy, no motivation. Wanted to die.
I'm still on it, so I have no idea how long WD from it would last.
Wish you all the best.

I doubt that you have WDs from such a short term abuse. If you do, it will be short lived. Drink a couple of beers. If that resolves your symptoms, it is likely mild gabaergic withdrawal.

I know probably Op got some comfort in the meantime, I'm just putting my two c... as a daily 3-4 year user.
I lowered dose tapered, got off it and then got back on it
Yeah even with buprenorphine and occasional benzo which someone in older posts mentioned in my case benzo do not help as much with the worst thing for me
which is: something between RLS, akathisia, inner frickin war of trying to rest myself.
As days without are closer to evening it becomes easier and then lying down couple hours maybe 20 mins sleeping which turns into irittability and back in hell in mornings as sleep deprived.
I don't have any emotion other then feeling misery.

I tried to comfort myself that it is the silver bullet for my fybro and GAD which still maybe is in the lack of better med
On benzos I'm depressed and without preagbalin when take benzo that tired but restless apathy deepens.

But in my case the tollerance drops in 3 days without and when I take it 5 days in row like 300-600mg anxyolitic, better concentration and just minimal love that I should have for my inners is there!

while without pregabalin If airplane engine like in Donnie Darko falls through my roof I couldn't care less.

Withdrawal is deffinetelly there and I always need like 10mg of bupe when I'm without or making brake.
I have prescription for 56x150mg Lyrica in 1,1,2 or 600mg daily which is every 14 days.
F.e. again as yesterday was closed dr. office and I mentioned that on friday which she forgot to putt through to pharmacy
The Christmas EVE and Christmas not to mention Yesterday and till hour ago I was in I don't even know how to call that!
I know what's rebound anxiety as I was on GHB years ago and benzos make my physical anxiety almost near seizure but mentally manageable withdrawal.

Just wanted to say that last 2-3 times when was just max week short without it the withdrawal is worse so I don't wanna scare nobody, I'm still here and
another thing popped to mind is I couldn't write anything or concentrate to nothing in pregabalin withdrawal while when I was withdrawing from opioid/benzo at least my feelings are ampliffied.

So Gotu Kola extracts helped me like Taurine when I had it as L-theanine.
or with minimal side-effects the only thin is just taking more pregabalin or taking it with breaks that one can handle as we are all diff....and obviously I'm no doc.
Oh and I'm still like pregabalin is easier to maintain dose than phenibut and cause phenibut is harder to order, but If I could choose between the two: Phenibut gives me that warm feeling in my belly, music and sex is awsome( this is off.topic) sorry.

So I don't even know now how would I ever get off this med and I thought CT from EFFexor from 300mg 2 years was awfull or maybe those withdrawals are making us stronger every-time while science and common sense says it's a disaster for body.