• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Relapse Is weed fucking me up?

cowboycurtis

Bluelighter
I haven't used marijuana as frequently as I am now in over a decade. In that time I've progressed into a heroin addict. While I've been strung out I've mostly avoided weed with long periods of abstinence lasting up to a few years. Even when I was doing it consistently the last couple years I would only smoke it a few times a week. I find myself smoking pretty habitually now. I've been using concentrates up to 5-6 times a day and at first it was definitely helping, but now I definitely need a tolerance break if I'm going to continue. My question is if I'm kidding myself and setting myself up for failure. I've been trying to get clean the last couple months and now have a week, but I find myself looking for some kind of chemical release that weed is no longer providing. Should I just take a break or am I playing with fire? I feel like I need something, but I don't know if the weed is just reminding my brain that I want to get high on other things even though I'm not consciously thinking about them. I've always been an advocate for it if it helps, but I want to be able to recognize shit before it's too late. What are all your experiences with this situation like?

Weed actually helps me not relapse. Have had countless relapses where I couldn't find weed 1/2am in the morning, so just cop a bag of dope.

If I couldn't smoke weed, I would be in trouble.

I would just calm it down a bit. If you are smoking that aggressively, you really won't be feeling it and you will then look for more.

What I like about weed is it slows me down a bit. I usually think twice when stoned.

Are you experiencing any negatives from smoking concentrates? Anxiety, dread, hopelessness?
If not, keep up the marijuana maintenance, if you are you might be heading for trouble.

I've been taking a break from weed lately. Which I never thought I'd do. Been smoking it for 20 years. But whenever I get a batch in, I'll usually just plough through it, my tolerance sky rockets, I'm only really stoned for an hour or two max and it's like why did I bother. Also I'm perfectly content to just do nothing whereas I'll engage / be more productive when not perpetually stoned. Try it out.