• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Relapse It's getting bad again..

amuletmast32

Greenlighter
Ive been using opoids as my doc since 2012. But 2016 comes around and i messed up by taking some Phenethylamine with kava and bam. Instant overdose from the weak MAOI effects of kava.

Ive had severe panic, heart issues, and other effects(dizziness, random pains, feelings of fainting but dont, ringing in ears.. ect).. anyway. Nothing could be found about it. I live, just in hell every day.. thats how i quit my addiction jan 2017. Now.. late last year. I got ahold of some hydrocodone and also had ativan prescribed and relapsed. Caused me panic and weird side effects (breathing issues, head pain/pressure, feeling metallic feelings and generally panicking) on a normal dose.

Despite that, i lowered my dose to like.. 3.25mg and had actual effects.. i switched to oxycodone as it produced no anxiety at 2.5mg-10mg a day (my past i could shoot a bag of brown, or take 80mg ir oxy with nothing but a gentle buzz). It actually seemed to help with the dizziness and everything.

I was then switched from ativan to xanax. Xanax actually gives me panic while ativan didnt (im saddened to say i think dopamine is at play here.. and not in the good ways..) But bam. 10 months later. It progresses (as it does) and im trying to get my life back together. I was up to 50-60mg of oxy (couldnt take more than 7.5-10mg at a time or id freak).

Now i tapered down to mg 7.5 and went from there with nothing but my xans.. i feel so weighted all the time and like my vision is gonna go out. This is my third time trying to quit.. and ive made it to the 72hr mark with normal withdrawal symptoms plus my unique ones like extra ear ringing, room spinning, cant breathe at all, cant think straight.. and ive just accepted if i die, i die.

No ER can ever find anything. And no normal treatment will work.. (subs and methadone give me worse panic than 20mg oxy) i cant take clonidine.. im literally miserable when before, i could breeze through wds easily.. im about ready to just give in and OD. Even though death scares me. All i do is live in fear. And being in the conservative south. No one gives a damn..

I'm sorry you are struggling.

I'm in the same boat, been on a relapse cycle all year, with multiple hospitalizations and treatment attempts.

I'm separated from my family and that causes a lot of depression. Been struggling with substance dependence for 20 years, on and off. What started as fun and socialization devolved into a nightmare of cleaning up then relapsing. Always this temptation of 'one more time.'

It is frustrating that the one thing I need to do, I have failed at. But, never give up hope.

Instead of OD'ing why not sober up and only take what you need if you're taking anything for health problems? Withdrawals get worse and worse the older you get and the more you go through them.

I'm in a similar boat to you but with depression & mood swings rather than anxiety. We are making our conditions worse by continually treating the symptoms with opiates since they will just keep rebounding worse than before when we don't have the drugs. You may have to endure a period of anxiety and it will really suck, but if you stop giving in and feeding the monkey with opiates & benzos it will get better. What are you taking right now? Are you on anything? It's hard to believe when we're in the midst of it, but I've proven to myself time and time again, as have countless others, that sobriety brings improvement. It may take a long time, but it's better than this. I can understand your suicidal impulse, but as someone else said, don't you owe it to yourself first to see if you can conquer this? To find out how long-term sobriety will feel, to see how good you can get before tapping out? You have your entire life to die and can kill yourself at any time, but wouldn't you rather ensure that it really is hopeless first?